Heard rumors about drink vouchers

Ret MP

37 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Any policy will be fleet  wide not ship specific. 
m

Many times a fleet wide policy slowly becomes ship specific.  Last cruise on Navigator the DL was for Pinnacles only during HH. D and D+ had the Cosmopolitan Club for a HH private party.  Drinks in the Cosmopolitan Club were hit and miss as to a voucher being used.

42 minutes ago, Tatka said:

By the way … to people who say they were always drinking on day #8 of 7 days cruises …. 
For how many years? 

As prepandemic there was Happy Hour and all drinks + 3 vouchers only were available during those 3.5 hours a day? 

It's been 1.5 + years since the restart and vouchers were made anytime. 

Just now, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

It's been 1.5 + years since the restart and vouchers were made anytime. 

Well, as we were refused twice last year, we did not try anymore. We sailed 3 times last year and 5 this. 

16 hours ago, Tatka said:

By the way … to people who say they were always drinking on day #8 of 7 days cruises …. 
For how many years? 

As prepandemic there was Happy Hour and all drinks + 3 vouchers only were available during those 3.5 hours a day? 

I believe the first time we attempted to use a day 8 coupon was last year Christmas on the Adventure.  The subsequent 4 cruises we successfully received Bailey's in our coffee and mimosas in the MDR at breakfast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

I believe the first time we attempted to use a day 8 coupon was last year Christmas on the Adventure.  The subsequent 4 cruises we successfully received Bailey's in our coffee and mimosas in the MDR at breakfast.

Interesting. We were unsuccessful so decided that that was it. 
I guess they found loophole and closing it.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:46 AM, nelblu said:

Are you serious. Debarkation day was never part of the voucher program. 

We've used D vouchers for specialty coffee on Debarkation day [on the Voyager].  No problem.  Just sayin'.  Who needs a bunch of voucher drinks anyway on Debark day as I'd think most just want to get off the ship ASAP and we usually are off before 9am.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LinRon3 said:

Debark day as I'd think most just want to get off the ship ASAP  

Just as an aside, I've never understood wanting to get off the ship ASAP, making travel connections or other important reasons excluded, of course.  We book a cruise months or years out, watch Youtube videos about our upcoming cruises, post on social media about how excited we are, purchase excursions, beverage, meal packages, and just get so excited we almost jump out of our skins.  Then we can't wait to get off the ship.  Us humans we are a strange bunch, aren't we!  

:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure:

One of the first things I say to my wife and others we may be cruising with, during the walk from the terminal to the ship, "it's going to seem like just a few minutes and we will be doing this same walk but in reverse".  I usually hate leaving the ship.  

• Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 6:32 PM, mugtech said:

And as a type II DIABETIC with a heart healthy diet I drink none of those.  Of course RCI does not know that, they just want everyone to know everything. 

You can also get a bottled water.  So there are plenty of options for everyone.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

We've used D vouchers for specialty coffee on Debarkation day [on the Voyager].  No problem.  Just sayin'.  Who needs a bunch of voucher drinks anyway on Debark day as I'd think most just want to get off the ship ASAP and we usually are off before 9am.  

Debarkation day technically arrives at midnight and plenty of us are still up enjoying the ship at that time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Just as an aside, I've never understood wanting to get off the ship ASAP, making travel connections or other important reasons excluded, of course.  We book a cruise months or years out, watch Youtube videos about our upcoming cruises, post on social media about how excited we are, purchase excursions, beverage, meal packages, and just get so excited we almost jump out of our skins.  Then we can't wait to get off the ship.  Us humans we are a strange bunch, aren't we!  

:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure:

One of the first things I say to my wife and others we may be cruising with, during the walk from the terminal to the ship, "it's going to seem like just a few minutes and we will be doing this same walk but in reverse".  I usually hate leaving the ship.  

That last morning the crew wants you off and the arriving guests for the next cruise want you off too.

• Like 1

This is a rather ingenious way for RCCL to save a bit of money while making it look to non-mathematical types as though a perk is being improved.  For the cruise line, what matters is that very few people will still use 8 full sets of vouchers on a 7-night cruise. It reminds me of a story I heard many years ago about an up-and-coming employee in the executive office of American Airlines. That employee proposed changing the recipe for the salads included with first class meals to include only one olive, instead of two. The idea was that nobody was going to decide to switch to another airline just because they were getting one fewer olive but the airline would probably save the cost of well over a million olives per year and that added up to a significant saving.

• Like 1

For those that think that just one olive less, isn't much and we can live without it, ask yourself, what's next?  After each and every instance of lowering something from expectations, ask your self, what's next?  How many times are you going to ask yourself, what's next?  What's next?  Are the cruise lines going to tell you that you have to bring your own bedding with you?  Are you going to have to bring your own salt and pepper?  These questions are ridiculous, aren't they?  Or are they?  

This is not intended towards you @actuarian, olives were a convenient item.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I'll explain.

We are now sailing 5 full cruises a year. 

Our retirement will not happen in about 15-17 years, so we are trying to maximize our vacations.

I don't  use cruise days as workdays anymore (I have enough now), but we do not take disembarkation days as vacation days. I work. Often while we driving home or from home if we get there fast enough.

If it is a weekend I still like to get ASAP as it is not a quality time anyway. So we selfdebarkate.

51 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I'll explain.

We are now sailing 5 full cruises a year. 

Our retirement will not happen in about 15-17 years, so we are trying to maximize our vacations.

I don't  use cruise days as workdays anymore (I have enough now), but we do not take disembarkation days as vacation days. I work. Often while we driving home or from home if we get there fast enough.

If it is a weekend I still like to get ASAP as it is not a quality time anyway. So we selfdebarkate.

I'm not sure, are you taking offense at what I typed?  If so, why?  What was offensive?

12 hours ago, Magicat said:

10 hours ago, Tatka said:

Interesting. We were unsuccessful so decided that that was it. 
I guess they found loophole and closing it.

30 cruises since the restart and I have had a latte, using a voucher, on debarkation morning on every single one of them. I’m thinking tomorrow morning will be the first time I’m not able to. 

• Like 1