LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

Jacqui - Glad that you are home.  Rest now and do not worry about the spreadsheet.  Take time to access your health and decide if you will be able to take the trip in a couple of weeks.  

VMax1700 - Hope you are feeling better, as well!!!

Ooops!  Realized that I posted this on the wrong thread.  Thought it was the Roll Call.  Will repeat over there!😉

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all again.  

16 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Gosh, Jacqui, I was thinking about the expense.  Hopefully it was less than if you had continued on to U.S.  It would have been crazy expensive here!

Like you we have confidence in health care in Mexico.  DH actually had lasik done there because they had a more up-to-date method that was bogged down here waiting for approval, and I had a dog bite treated there.  They were kind and all was good!  (I was more worried about your being alone and getting home.)

So glad you're home safely!  Don't try to do too much!

Maxine

I would think it was less than the U,S,, Maxine.  Had I been in the U.S. I could have gotten home a lot faster for care.

LOL on not doing too much - there’s not much I can do 😉 

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

O Jacqui, I am so sorry to read of your further trials, but so happy that you are now home.  (I am a little behind in reading as I have been out of circulation for the past week due to a severe kidney infection).

We wish you a strong and quick recovery to health.  And a good lawyer 😉

Sorry to hear about your infection. Colin.  Hope you are feeling better fast.

I am fortunate to have a knowledgeable friend who will guide me lawyer wise.  

18 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Jacqui, I didn't try. This was on a river cruise in Russia. They thought since they were Russian based, even though they had a Boston office, they could ignore me. And maritime cases are different, and require a lawyer versed in that. They sent me a check for $9! Eventually the case went to arbitration. The doctor on the ship said (through an interpreter) that my numb face was from the ice pack, when I knew it was from nerve damage (I still have some residual numbness and the accident was in 2008). I was hit by the weighted end of a line being thrown to the dock.

Thanks Vanessa.  OUCH on that hit.  You poor thing 😔 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just catching up on the thread now that we're home from our Caribbean cruise. Jaqui, I'm so sorry that your trip ended the way it did. You are a strong woman, who is handling every obstacle that has come your way. I'm glad that you are home (and can have a good cry, if you need one) before you take on the next thing that needs to be done. We have all appreciated your thread and the painful updates the last few pages. Take time to heal, and then plan the next cruise! Prayers and love sent from SW Ontario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2023 at 7:15 AM, ski ww said:

Just catching up on my reading, sorry to hear about your problems, hope you can get them sorted out.  Get well some.

Thanks, Allan.

11 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

Just catching up on the thread now that we're home from our Caribbean cruise. Jaqui, I'm so sorry that your trip ended the way it did. You are a strong woman, who is handling every obstacle that has come your way. I'm glad that you are home (and can have a good cry, if you need one) before you take on the next thing that needs to be done. We have all appreciated your thread and the painful updates the last few pages. Take time to heal, and then plan the next cruise! Prayers and love sent from SW Ontario.

Aww, thank you ♥️ 

On 1/11/2023 at 11:31 PM, VMax1700 said:

O Jacqui, I am so sorry to read of your further trials, but so happy that you are now home.  (I am a little behind in reading as I have been out of circulation for the past week due to a severe kidney infection).

We wish you a strong and quick recovery to health.  And a good lawyer 😉

Eek. Feel better soon.  Both you and Jacqui 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the Future Cruise Deposit desk flyer?  I was on Koningsdam in November and booked my next cruise while on board. I had to make a change to that cruise and I don’t think HAL is transferring all my OBC’s to the new booking.  I want to verify the OBC’s that were offered for booking onboard. I should have taken a pic of the flyer 

59 minutes ago, MONYMONY68 said:

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the Future Cruise Deposit desk flyer?  I was on Koningsdam in November and booked my next cruise while on board. I had to make a change to that cruise and I don’t think HAL is transferring all my OBC’s to the new booking.  I want to verify the OBC’s that were offered for booking onboard. I should have taken a pic of the flyer 

This is from last year, but it was June 2022.  

20230204_182958.thumb.jpg.6726c6f367c7ff1434573146e4ebd03f.jpg

• Like 1