Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

1 hour ago, suenruss said:

Wow, just found this (very long) thread - great info.  We're on the June 1st sailing and hoping it lives up to the Athens - Barca on Enchanted. 

I think it may be comparing apples to oranges... a very different experience. Enjoy!

7 hours ago, vjmatty said:

If it were only on the common cabana deck I’d agree. Unfortunately it’s also on the cabana minis whose balconies are directly on the ocean. In other words, your own personal balcony will have 6 feet high blue glass. 

Will not bother us.  Plus the cruise we are on it can provide shelter from the weather and also those passengers who like to hang over the balcony and talk to you so we think things might be more enjoyable.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

Just finished reading all 63 pages of this post after booking a C2 on the July 6 sailing. We are disappointed about the apparent high balcony wall for the cabins on 9, but we are so excited to sail on this new ship! 

3 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Will not bother us.  Plus the cruise we are on it can provide shelter from the weather and also those passengers who like to hang over the balcony and talk to you so we think things might be more enjoyable.

If you’re located on deck 9 midship, look up from your balcony. You’re being watch. Lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dog said:

Well, it was for a few days for those of us who booked full suites!

I booked LOVE  for the first night and it was complimentary.

Then poof! It disappeared!

What is Love? A specialty restaurant? I don’t see it mentioned on the App.

4 minutes ago, cristine said:

Thank you

I’ll see if I can find info on it. 

From their press release last month

—————————————

In a first-of-its-kind collaboration, Princess Cruises today announced it is joining with Romero Britto, the world-renowned artist known for his bold, colorful, and joyful style, and a global advocate for happiness, to create Love by Britto, an artistic-inspired dining experience celebrating the essence of “Love” aboard Sun Princess.

Located on deck 17 at the aft of the spectacular new ship, Love by Britto is a groundbreaking addition to the Sun Princess experience portfolio. The new dining experience serves as an exquisite showcase of the artist’s iconic and joyful designs against the backdrop of a boutique restaurant venue designed to immerse couples in a world of vivid colors, bold patterns, and heartfelt emotions, and create an ambiance of extraordinary service immersion.

Love and art converge with taste in an immersive culinary journey, showcasing a meticulously curated menu by culinary virtuoso Rudi Sodamin. With Sodamin’s ingenious touch, Love by Britto transcends into a multisensory exploration, offering extraordinary dishes that embody profound passion, exquisite flavor, and boundless creativity.

“Love by Britto on the Sun Princess celebrates the universal language of love, expressed through Britto’s vibrant art and design and promises to be uplifting and transformative for our guests," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "With a perfect blend of art, beauty, and soul, Love by Britto is destined to leave a lasting impression.”

Set to debut when the newest ship from The Love Boat launches in early 2024, all elements of the innovative new concept - the setting, the artwork, the menu – have been uniquely designed to create an unparalleled dining destination. Love by Britto is a testament to Princess Cruises' unwavering commitment to creating exceptional experiences that transcend the ordinary.

“With Love by Britto, we’ve created a one-of-a-kind experience that showcases the harmony between food, art, and the universal language of love, to create an experience that’s meant to be savored,” said Britto. “On the amazing Sun Princess, we’re going to celebrate love for life every evening by pairing an incredibly unique vibe along with exceptional cuisine to create a setting for everyone to indulge their senses and emotions.”

“Considered the most licensed artist in history, Britto is the founder of the Happy Art Movement and has created an iconic visual language of happiness, fun, love, and hope all its own inspiring millions worldwide,” added Lucas Vidal, CEO of the BRITTO brand and organization.

Brazilian-born and Miami-made, Britto’s work has been exhibited in the most prestigious galleries and museums in over 120 countries, including the Carrousel Du Louvre and he was the first living visual artist to present his work at the Soumaya Museum. He also has created innumerous public and private art installations, not to mention the largest in the history of London’s Hyde Park. He did the opening of the Super Bowl XLI in collaboration with the Cirque Du Soleil, was the official artist for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, ambassador to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, honorary torch bearer and ambassador for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

Love by Britto will feature a seven-course, prix fixe menu ($149 per person) beginning with a flute of Champagne upon arrival and features luxury ingredients including lobster, caviar and truffles, and dessert options that always include chocolate fondue.

Specifically featured across the seven-course meal are dishes highlighted by delectable and intoxicating aphrodisiacs, like Oysters with Champagne Pearls or Grilled Fig with Prosciutto and Roquefort as featured starters, followed by savory soups like Asparagus and Watermelon Cocktail with Vodka.

Also on the menu are savory salad options that feature quail eggs, pomegranate and avocado. Fish dishes like Lobster Thermidor with Clams and Wild Rice, and Honey-Basted Wild Salmon. Meats like Wagyu Chateaubriand Rossini and Roast Quail Farci with Truffles. Champagne flavored sorbet with Rose Petals to cleanse the palate. And heavenly dessert options in addition to chocolate fondue that range from Iced Soufflé Tahiti Vanilla and White Valrhona Chocolate with Hot Raspberries, to Hot Chocolate Soufflé with Hot Bing Cherries.

“Food is the international language of love,” said Rudi Sodamin, head of culinary arts for Princess Cruises. “It could not be more perfect for Princess, home of The Love Boat!”

Love by Britto headlines a delectable assortment of expanded restaurant options aboard the highly anticipated Sun Princess, the next generation ship from Princess.

• Like 3

Just, for those of us who might not be sure...

I believe that there are three kinds of 'additional charge' restaurants' now, 

Casual - like Alfredos

Specialty - like Crown Grill, Sabatini's

Experience - like 360'.  I think Love might be an Experience venue.

Special Chef's Table, Wine Pairing, etc. must be 'Experience'

Can we assume that The Catch and Butcher's Block are 'specialty'???

Therefore, they would be included for those who have this as a perk.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:21 AM, Hobby3333 said:

Since we are cruising from Barcelona in July, I was wondering how many kids might be on a Princess ship.  We sailed from Amsterdam last July on HAL and there were not many kids.  I like kids so don’t take it wrong.  

We are going in June with our 11yo son. While he can make friends very easy, it will be interesting to see how many other kids there will be.

40 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Casual - like Alfredos

Yes, both Catch and Butcher's Block are listed in the app as Speciality and we have managed to book Butcher's Block without a charge, presumably as we are on the Premier package.

Still some confusion about Kai Sushi (coming up as Speciality too when originally named as Casual in last summer's changes) and Umai Teppanyaki (not showing at all for booking).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Casual - like Alfredos

Yes, they are.  The Catch By Rudi $39pp +18% gratuity; The Butchers Block by Dario $49pp + 18% gratuity.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

New here, please forgive me is it's already been discussed....but the Princess Website has a Guest Size of 4200 and a Crew Size of only 1150. Other websites had the crew size at 1547 so I started a chat on the Princess website with one of their agents and they confirmed that the crew size is only 1150.  That ratio is concerning seeing how most ships with 4,000+ guests have at least 1500 Crew.  Anyone else concerned with that?  We are thinking of jumping over from Celebrity to try this cruise out, but that's no where near the 2850/1250 ratio that Celebrity has on their Solstice class.  Crowds are one thing with 4200 people but when they don't have enough bar tenders or cleaners.....

Edited by VaCaSKR
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, VaCaSKR said:

Hi Folks,

New here, please forgive me is it's already been discussed....but the Princess Website has a Guest Size of 4200 and a Crew Size of only 1150. Other websites had the crew size at 1547 so I started a chat on the Princess website with one of their agents and they confirmed that the crew size is only 1150.  That ratio is concerning seeing how most ships with 4,000+ guests have at least 1500 Crew.  Anyone else concerned with that?  We are thinking of jumping over from Celebrity to try this cruise out, but that's no where near the 2850/1250 ratio that Celebrity has on their Solstice class.  Crowds are one thing with 4200 people but when they don't have enough bar tenders or cleaners.....

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

That does seem odd. I looked up the Sky and it says Guests 2670 and Crew 1100.

Edited by nini
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, VaCaSKR said:

Hi Folks,

New here, please forgive me is it's already been discussed....but the Princess Website has a Guest Size of 4200 and a Crew Size of only 1150. Other websites had the crew size at 1547 so I started a chat on the Princess website with one of their agents and they confirmed that the crew size is only 1150.  That ratio is concerned seeing how most ships with 4,000+ guests have at least 1500 Crew.  Anyone else concerned with that?  We are thinking of jumping over from Celebrity to try this cruise out, but that's now where near the 2850/1250 ratio that Celebrity has on their Solstice class.  Crowds are one thing with 4200 people but when they don't have enough bar tenders or cleaners.....

I have no idea of how many crew there will be on the Sun but I DO know that Princess agents are notorious for their misinformation.

We sail Celebrity and Princess primarily and what I have noticed is that the Princess crew always seems to be happier and less rushed and have more time to interact than the Celebrity crew.

15 minutes ago, chamima said:

I have no idea of how many crew there will be on the Sun but I DO know that Princess agents are notorious for their misinformation.

We sail Celebrity and Princess primarily and what I have noticed is that the Princess crew always seems to be happier and less rushed and have more time to interact than the Celebrity crew.

Those numbers for the Sun are on their website; not agent hearsay or guesses.

26 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

Perhaps the decrease in crew size is due to a new Signature Suite Perk™️; see the inside of the ship while working on it for a day!

LOL 😂