Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

3 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

Thanks!! 
Oh no, are those loungers in front of the treadmills? 😭 Why did they downgrade the gym so much from the Enchanted Princess, where all you saw was the sea? 

The Island Princess is even worse. The gym is in the basement with no windows at all. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

This is my Category “DB” Deluxe Balcony Stateroom #16417.  It is in the sphere.  Here is the balcony.IMG_0816.thumb.jpeg.7df91ad6e64b13e0f4c84f59dd3b40fd.jpeg

Thanks so much!  I was hoping for foot stools.  Only in MS & suites?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Mistakenly assumed that Spellbound was going to be a magic show with beverages and would probably have a 39.00 cover charge.  No, instead it's three sittings of a show with drinks and dinner @ 149.00 pp.  I hope it blows up in their face and it's changed by the time the Star comes out.

I was counting on spending a fortune on Spellbound because I assumed it would be something like the speakeasy on MSC World Europa, where entrance is free but cocktails are venue exclusive and not included in any package. Now I guess I won’t even set foot in it 😞

8 hours ago, andreakul said:

Any updates on the flooding on deck 10 and 11? Is this under control or do they know cause?

I’m interested to find out too. Anybody on board that can help straighten this out?

TIA!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrell345 said:

They could have done better with the balcony furniture though.

That is a decent size balcony.  But, would have been nice to have foot stools or a lounger, big table.  Oh well, I’m spoiled with the other ships.  We go on long cruises and our balcony

is our retreat. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That is a decent size balcony.  But, would have been nice to have foot stools or a lounger, big table.  Oh well, I’m spoiled with the other ships.  We go on long cruises and our balcony

is our retreat. 😂

Agree.  Wonder if you can at least request chairs with a reclining back and footstools?  I know I will request when we are onboard.

We have done that on other lines, and they have brought them.  Even got a couple extra loungers brought in when we had an oversize balcony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemanoxer said:

During Covid, Silversea offered me 12 days (or was it even 14?) on Silver Moon in their highest category as a solo traveler with 5 ports for about 3700 $ - and not per day.

I have been on Regent twice and will be going on Silversea in the fall. The reason we are going on Princess is because of a family reunion with the in-laws. We have noticed that we are only a few hundreds cheaper on Princess. Balcony to balcony. We have purchased everything that we would get on an all-inclusive. The deals that you can get on the luxury ships make it comparable.  With that said, looking forward to trying Princess. We swore off ocean cruises after family reunion NCL and the amusement park ship. Regent brought us back, then reunion on Celebrity and I like that Princess is comparable to Celebrity. Sun doesn’t appeal to me but I am sure it will to many. For the prices, I could easily be on an inclusive line. 

I have to compliment cc posters as the Princess folks are a lot less snarky (yes there are a few) then RSSC and Silversea threads.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Oh dear.  After 80 pages here of angst and anger over cancelled cruises, one has to wonder which would have harmed Princess more:  cancelling a third and even fourth cruise, or going forward with a sailing with a ship that doesn't have its most highly advertised features ready for use, and which displaces guests due to significant cabin flooding.  Anyone care to guess what the guest (not editor) "star rating" here on Cruise Critic will be after these first guests disembark?  If I recall, Royal debuted to a 3.4 or 3.5 rating and now is "all the way up" to a 3.8.  It’s difficult to overcome a bad start, and this inaugural cruise may follow suit. 

@JimmyVWine - hope you are having too much fun to report back on this flooding issue.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Given all of the feedback in just these few days after the real-time launch of this new ship design, I sincerely hope that some bright spark at Princess corporate would suggest that everyone on the team tasked with bringing Star Princess to a successful launch be given a free cruise on a Sun Princess itinerary heavy with sea days.  

Edit to add:  as an educational exercise, not by way of "punishment" 🤭

Edited by kamelia
  • Haha 1

For those worried about the Sanctuary, this is a good YouTube video showing nice padded chairs with sea views. Weather not going to be good for getting sun next week so I personally have no interest, especially not at $99 pp.

• Thanks 1

Well ok it's a new ship so there's going to be things to iron out, however even a few basics have been overlooked. We book a balcony for a reason as a space to relax in away from the crowds. On a sea day of drinks and just decline the chairs and watch the horizon or view. Those chairs on board need to be up at the lido around tables. How can you chill out in those? I know first world problem but that's all part of my holiday.

All cruise lines are trying to outdo each other, bigger ships, more revenue. Money talks but in the end feet walk and we all make choices. Once Sun Princess has done a couple of more cruises I hope the problems are solved but we would not book an inaugural cruise.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Cdude said:

For those worried about the Sanctuary, this is a good YouTube video showing nice padded chairs with sea views. Weather not going to be good for getting sun next week so I personally have no interest, especially not at $99 pp.

Is that the suite side of the sanctuary?

7 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Mistakenly assumed that Spellbound was going to be a magic show with beverages and would probably have a 39.00 cover charge.  No, instead it's three sittings of a show with drinks and dinner @ 149.00 pp.  I hope it blows up in their face and it's changed by the time the Star comes out.

As long as it’s operational by April 8th. I’ll be there!  Sounds wonderful!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Exactly.  Only shade I have seen is in a lounge type area with scattered chair settings and some stand-up.  Pretty bad IMO.

I was so excited to book 29 days on this new ship for the fall. Half were in a Reserve Mini Suite and half in a suite.

I am seriously thinking of cancelling after seeing the videos.

Don't mean this as a threat - just a comment. 😢

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

I was so excited to book 29 days on this new ship for the fall. Half were in a Reserve Mini Suite and half in a suite.

I am seriously thinking of cancelling after seeing the videos.

Don't mean this as a threat - just a comment. 😢

I’d wait to see more videos and reviews.  These first few inaugural cruises are a little crazy.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Maybe if enough of us post enough negative comments that include “Sanctuary” “chairs” “pads” they’ll get them onboard before the warmer weather.

I’ll post a comment once a day to up the negative comment count.

“Sanctuary” “chairs” “pads” negative bad ew

today’s post

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks so much!  I was hoping for foot stools.  Only in MS & suites?

I always use the small table by the sofa as a footstool👌

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is that the suite side of the sanctuary?

According to the deck plans and the first video I saw (the one with the 'naked' lounges piled almost on top of each other), the pool and the cabanas are located in the Sanctuary side. The padded ;ounges with a view are located in the suite side.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, capriccio said:

According to the deck plans and the first video I saw (the one with the 'naked' lounges piled almost on top of each other), the pool and the cabanas are located in the Sanctuary side. The padded ;ounges with a view are located in the suite side.

That’s what I saw too.  Almost sounded like they were on the regular side, but NOT.  Too bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1