Princess Loyalty Program Question

minnesotasisu

We currently are in the Ruby Class in the Princess Loyalty Program after completing 3 cruises. Our next cruise is a 14 day B2B cruise. I thought I had read (but can't find it in my searches) that a B2B cruise is considered 2 cruises which if so, would give us 5 total cruises after its completion and give us Platinum status. Can anyone confirm this? We only have one booking number and receive $250 in shareholder benefits for a 14 day cruise. If it was considered (2) 7 cruises shouldn't we only be getting $100 for each 7 day cruise and a booking number for the second leg?

Log into your cruise personalizer and double check under cruise history where future cruises are also listed.  Your b2b should show as two cruises.  If not contact your TA or Princess.  

I have seen B2B listed as one or two cruises depending on how they are booked.  Worth Doug checking IMO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, symui said:

Log into your cruise personalizer and double check under cruise history where future cruises are also listed.  Your b2b should show as two cruises.  If not contact your TA or Princess.  

I have seen B2B listed as one or two cruises depending on how they are booked.  Worth Doug checking IMO

thanks! It took me a while to find it but it does show we will move up to Platinum after our next cruise! 

IMO, Princess Captains Circle loyalty program is a joke when it comes to perks/benefits. We have cruised with Princess since 2010 and was surprised to see the CC didn't improve, even a little bit.

RCs Crown and Anchor Society and Celebritys Captains Club is a lot better especially for the top three tier levels. But when you reach the different tier levels (top three) with CAS and CC the extra perks/benefits are nice. But having said all of that, we are starting to see the CAS and CC start to eliminate/reduce/change some of those perks/benefits also. We aren't loyal to any one cruise line so we don't chase the tier levels (we book cruises for the itinerary, not the cruise line or the ship).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

thanks! It took me a while to find it but it does show we will move up to Platinum after our next cruise! 

The benefit in moving to Platinum we most enjoyed was the disembarkation lounge when we were not doing walk off

Sometimes perception is in Attitude 

Enjoy your B2B

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Your loyalty status is becoming less valuable as time goes on. 🥺

We have 4 cruises from many years ago.  Not worth the huge hassle of trying to prove we cruised in the 1990s.  The loyalty benefits are nice and certainly becoming less interesting with each "enhancement".

We cruise to enjoy he cruise and try to avoid stuff that stresses.  And yes, I will get a Seapass card; and yes I will leave my phone in my room about 90% of the time.

11 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We have 4 cruises from many years ago.  Not worth the huge hassle of trying to prove we cruised in the 1990s.  The loyalty benefits are nice and certainly becoming less interesting with each "enhancement".

We cruise to enjoy he cruise and try to avoid stuff that stresses.  And yes, I will get a Seapass card; and yes I will leave my phone in my room about 90% of the time.

I use my phone on the cruise mostly to check on news (there are no real news stations on the TV), pay bills text with cruise partners and check folio. I rarely use the app to order anything preferring personal interaction with real people 

46 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Not worth the huge hassle of trying to prove we cruised in the 1990s. 

It doesn't take much to have them added to your cruise account. Just give them a phone call with some specifics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

IMO, Princess Captains Circle loyalty program is a joke when it comes to perks/benefits. We have cruised with Princess since 2010 and was surprised to see the CC didn't improve, even a little bit.

RCs Crown and Anchor Society and Celebritys Captains Club is a lot better especially for the top three tier levels. But when you reach the different tier levels (top three) with CAS and CC the extra perks/benefits are nice. But having said all of that, we are starting to see the CAS and CC start to eliminate/reduce/change some of those perks/benefits also. We aren't loyal to any one cruise line so we don't chase the tier levels (we book cruises for the itinerary, not the cruise line or the ship).

It's a matter of perspective.

We enjoy the minibar setup as well as the laundry.🥂

Plus, we just love the service and Princess in general; it always feels like coming home.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

Plus, we just love the service and Princess in general; it always feels like coming home.

Agree.

I can say that about RC and Celebrity. Our March 2024 Princess cruise will be our first cruise as Platinum (hit that tier level after our 2010 Grand Princess cruise) and doubt we'll make it to Elite. But one cruise at a time. If we live that long.😁🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jwattle said:

YES!

The top two elite benefits we enjoy are the mini bar and laundry.  Yet, it is the service that makes Princess Cruise special for us.  Every time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, that said:

YES!

The top two elite benefits we enjoy are the mini bar and laundry.  Yet, it is the service that makes Princess Cruise special for us.  Every time.

We are going on our 31st Princess cruise next week, none of the benefits mean much to us anymore, the service and staff are what keeps us coming back. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, that said:

The benefit in moving to Platinum we most enjoyed was the disembarkation lounge when we were not doing walk off

Sometimes perception is in Attitude 

Enjoy your B2B

I have been on Princess cruises where over 1500 passengers are eligible to use the Platinum/Elite disembarkation lounge.

So often it is a better experience to wait somewhere else.

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It doesn't take much to have them added to your cruise account. Just give them a phone call with some specifics.

With Princess, it was easy to add omitted cruises.  I provided ship and date, and the missing voyages were added. With Celebrity, not so much; I’m going to try again next week on board, in person.