Should we upgrade Club Class Mini Suite on Sky Princess

Dreamcruiser185

When you bid, you have no idea of the exact cabin location. However, if you win you have to option to decline. So if you bid for a full suite, and get a forward facing suite you can decline and keep your existing cabin. 

CC cabins are all M1 category. All are midship and I believe all are sandwiched between other pax staterooms. 

should you bid and upgrade?    Depends on your personal cost/benefit dial 

Edited by tcdcruiser

$350 for a week or a fortnight? 

We had a cc minisuite on Sky. For us, the  big benefit was club dining,  rather than the cabin location.  We thoroughly enjoyed it as  a one off ( big wedding anniversary), but on reflection I don't think I would pay more than $20 pppd extra, assuming I was happy with my existing cabin choice.

And, in fact we are on Sky in April, and have just gone for a standard minisuite. 

The location isn't a big factor on bidding for a CC Mini, because they are all mid-ship and mid-deck.

From what category are you bidding from.  How much of an upgrade.

If the better cabin, plus the convenient dining would be really nice to you, and be worthy of that bid, then yes, by all means.  You can't get a bad location with that category.

PS:  I don't think I have ever heard of anybody declining a winning bid.

Is that possible.  At best, it seems like if you decline, you could lose the cabin you have already booked, if it becomes filled once they process your bid.

2 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

When you bid, you have no idea of the exact cabin location. However, if you win you have to option to decline. So if you bid for a full suite, and get a forward facing suite you can decline and keep your existing cabin. 

CC cabins are all M1 category. All are midship and I believe all are sandwiched between other pax staterooms. 

On the Sky, there are four M6 minis that are club class. They're the front corners of the ship on Lido and Marina. Extra large balconies and really nice cabin layout. Solid metal balcony rails instead of glass.

Ohhh,, yes there are the two forward CC Minis!  Oooops.

I was assuming that you either knew about Club Class, and that was what you were considering, or that these were the only available mini's offered for you to bid on.

Anyhow, I would assume that those front forward Mini Suites would be possible to be assigned.

I would go in, and look at the cruise, like you were making a new booking, and see what Mini Suites are still showing available.   That might give a bit of an idea on what cabin you might get.  But, you might know that a LOT can change as Princess assigns guarantee cabins, upgrade bids, etc.   So, hopefully the availability you are seeing is not too misleading.

NOTE:  If you bid and get the upgrade, and the cabin assignment, if there are any others in that exact category available then you should be able to do a simple move if you see one you like better.

If you look at the availability on your cruise, and it does not seem to be full, and there are a lot of Mini Suites available, then I might start with that minimum bid you see offered. 

Supply and Demand...

14 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I'm confused that you were given a price?

I thought bidding meant that YOU pick a price point  that you are willing to pay

They will show you the minimum bid possible up to you if you want to bid more

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

+1, but it comes at a hefty premium.

Well we usually travel in full suites but I think the attention snd extra entree offers. Yes we had extra entrees every night. The lamb chops on landfall dinner were every bit as good as the Crown Grill

51 minutes ago, memoak said:

Well we usually travel in full suites but I think the attention snd extra entree offers. Yes we had extra entrees every night. The lamb chops on landfall dinner were every bit as good as the Crown Grill

That was what I thought about the cc lamb chops! I love lamb chops, so I had them both in Crown Grill and mdr. Very good in both.

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Ohhh,, yes there are the two forward CC Minis!  Oooops.

I was assuming that you either knew about Club Class, and that was what you were considering, or that these were the only available mini's offered for you to bid on.

Anyhow, I would assume that those front forward Mini Suites would be possible to be assigned.

I would go in, and look at the cruise, like you were making a new booking, and see what Mini Suites are still showing available.   That might give a bit of an idea on what cabin you might get.  But, you might know that a LOT can change as Princess assigns guarantee cabins, upgrade bids, etc.   So, hopefully the availability you are seeing is not too misleading.

NOTE:  If you bid and get the upgrade, and the cabin assignment, if there are any others in that exact category available then you should be able to do a simple move if you see one you like better.

If you look at the availability on your cruise, and it does not seem to be full, and there are a lot of Mini Suites available, then I might start with that minimum bid you see offered. 

Supply and Demand...

I did look at what CC mini suites are still available, we definitely do not want any suites towards the bow.  That is why I am apprehensive to bid since you do not know where the cabin is or on what deck.

On 12/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, Dreamcruiser185 said:

I did look at what CC mini suites are still available, we definitely do not want any suites towards the bow.  That is why I am apprehensive to bid since you do not know where the cabin is or on what deck.

They offer separate bids for front facing CC Minis and Midship CC Minis 🙂

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1