First time with Celebrity

DisneyQueen999

Hi,

We've just booked our first cruise with Celebrity after many years with Royal Caribbean. We are Diamond members with Crown & Anchor which equates to Elite status in Captains Club.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as time goes by, but I'm hoping you will be able to help with a couple of initial queries.

As Diamond members we get 4 free drinks per day (don't think cocktails are included). We can have these free drinks anywhere/any time of the day. I can see Elite members get free drinks between 5-7pm, but is that only in specific bars and only certain drinks? How many drinks are you allowed?

Are there specific queues for Elite members at check-in?

Do Elite members get complimentary stateroom amenities that can be chosen? As Diamond members we get a free non-alcoholic drink and snack (e.g.water or Coke).

Any freebies we are entitled to are loaded onto our seapass cards.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

As Diamond members we get 4 free drinks per day (don't think cocktails are included). We can have these free drinks anywhere/any time of the day. I can see Elite members get free drinks between 5-7pm, but is that only in specific bars and only certain drinks? How many drinks are you allowed?

Covered drinks are unlimited during 5-7 cocktail hour (except embarkation day).

No check is done by assigned time selected at online checkin

Do Elite members get complimentary stateroom amenities that can be chosen? As Diamond members we get a free non-alcoholic drink and snack (e.g.water or Coke).

No

1 free scoop of Gelato.   There are other various discounts which you can find on the Captains Club page.

@DisneyQueen999:  Welcome to Celebrity.

There will be an info sheet in your stateroom when you board outlining your loyalty benefits.  Check both sides of the info sheet.

And I love the photo of the kitties.  I am severely allergic, so am forced to now just take photos of lovely cats.  One of my favorite computer wallpaper photos is of a beautiful cat in a park in Yokohama, Japan.  So wanted to take him or her home with us.

7 hours ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Hi,

We've just booked our first cruise with Celebrity after many years with Royal Caribbean. We are Diamond members with Crown & Anchor which equates to Elite status in Captains Club.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as time goes by, but I'm hoping you will be able to help with a couple of initial queries.

Thank you.

For the "free drinks" to be of any value you need to book at the Sail Only rates. 

Thank you all for your replies. I think you get a bit lazy if you've sailed with the same cruise line for many years. You get to know all the perks gradually as you work your way up through the loyalty tiers. We're going into Celebrity cruises a bit blind for this one. Nothing more embarassing than thinking something is complimentary but it's not, or going to a bar/restaurant you're not allowed in 😬😳

Northern Aurora-Does the cabin info sheet state what drinks are complimentary and which bar they are available from? 

Yes I love cat's too. I don't have any of my own these days but I have a couple of 'grand' cats 😂

The Penguins-We did book the 'sail only' rate. We're not big drinkers so a 1-2 drinks will suit us.

The "happy hour" drinks is at most bars but maybe not the Martini Bar. Not allowed in the dining rooms, but you can bring a glass of wine with you to dinner. The list of available drinks is at every bar. Basic wines, beers and several different cocktails. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Thank you all for your replies. I think you get a bit lazy if you've sailed with the same cruise line for many years. You get to know all the perks gradually as you work your way up through the loyalty tiers. We're going into Celebrity cruises a bit blind for this one. Nothing more embarassing than thinking something is complimentary but it's not, or going to a bar/restaurant you're not allowed in 😬😳

Northern Aurora-Does the cabin info sheet state what drinks are complimentary and which bar they are available from? 

Yes I love cat's too. I don't have any of my own these days but I have a couple of 'grand' cats 😂

The Penguins-We did book the 'sail only' rate. We're not big drinkers so a 1-2 drinks will suit us.

Good you booked sail only - that also means your 90 mins each internet is also of value. Best tip is for one of you to register use that 90 mins. Then you can decide if the second 90 will see you through or if you should use it as a discount on a full package. 

You can also get free drinks (sparkling wine, bloody Mary plus lattes/cappuccino) at the Elite Breakfast held in Tuscan Grill 08.00 to 10.00. This is our favourite way to start the day.

10 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Good you booked sail only - that also means your 90 mins each internet is also of value. Best tip is for one of you to register use that 90 mins. Then you can decide if the second 90 will see you through or if you should use it as a discount on a full package. 

You can also get free drinks (sparkling wine, bloody Mary plus lattes/cappuccino) at the Elite Breakfast held in Tuscan Grill 08.00 to 10.00. This is our favourite way to start the day.

The laundry is another great perk. Technically " wash and fold " but if you write on the slip " please return on hangers" don't forget the "please" as they don't have to do it, items will be as good as if they were ironed. Wouldn't use it for really expensive stuff but shirts, tops and underwear, socks and handkerchiefs come back just fine.

13 minutes ago, the penguins said:

It's been a while since we've been to the Elite Breakfast but they use to serve Mimosa's and Bellini's as well as sparkling wine and Bloody Mary's. 

Well thank you all very much for the interesting information, keep the tips coming.

We are right back at school now learning about Celebrity. I don't like being unsure about what is included and what it not as our budget is tight and don't want any embarrassing situations over cost.

We're sailing on the Silhouette from Southampton, the itinerary looks great! Just need good weather now as we've had awful weather the last 4-5 cruises in Europe.