The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday December 19th, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Hard Candy Day, National Heroes and Heroines Day, and Look for an Evergreen Day

You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.--A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Meal Suggestion for today - Braised Chicken Thighs with Almonds and Olives
Drink of the Day - Banana Nana
Wine of the Day - Clos du Bois Chardonnay, North Coast, California
Destination of the Day - Santarem, Brazil

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12/21

Koningsdam

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico 11:00 - 21:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana eta 12/20

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 12/20

Oosterdam

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Rotterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 14:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 12/20

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12/20

Zuiderdam

St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands 10:00 - 18:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Fiordland National Park, New Zealand 07:00 - 08:00

Westerdam

Auckland, New Zealand Arrive 7:00 AM

1219World.thumb.png.ba97ea4b0bdcb2d164c411fcb386a4dd.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 10

Good  morning.  I will post pictures of todays port later when I get my iPhone.  I only have a few as we didn't take an excursion.

Banana Nana cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Banana Rum
1 part Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
1 part Orange Juice
Banana Slice

Instructions
Pour rums and juice over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a banana slice.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 6.19.00 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.  Happy Monday!

It's snowing!  Again or still, I can't tell.  We've got lots of the white stuff.  I'm staying in.

I like candy.  I thank heroes and heroines.  I won't look for an evergreen today, but Bertie may when we go for a walk.

Good quote.

The meal sounds good, I was planning on chicken something for dinner tonight so I'll be happy to see the recipe.

The drink sounds good too, hope the wine isn't too expensive or oaky.

We've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Monday report, Rich.  I like hard candy but prefer something softer.  I think looking for evergreens is a bit harder than usual with a short supply.  We have many heroes and heroines to celebrate.  I like the Winnie-the-Pooh quote.  I've been to Santarem twice, both times on the Elegant Explorer.  I think I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Fruit Salad with Yogurt and Honey, Grilled Chicken Breast with Louisiana Style Rice, and Apple Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam December 19, 2013.

Today’s care list:

smitty34877 hip replacement
USN59-79 with leg fracture
Marshhawk DH family illnesses
StLouisCruisers DD recovering from foot surgery
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Ottahand7 DB in rehab and trying to leave per-maturely

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Hannukah day2

Congrats Argentina
Graham stitches out
3 days for Av8rix (Koningsdam 12/22 to 1/7/23)
3 days for richwmn {Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23)
SusieKIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/22) and Cruisin Terri (Insignia  to 12/28) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Kazu (Koningsdam  to 1/7/23 Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam  to 1/25/23), indaler (Volendam  to 3/18/23) and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Won’t have to search very hard for an evergreen, there’s a 9 1/2 foot Balsam in the living room.  Hats off to heroes, heroines and hard candy.  I like the quote and the meal suggestion.  The drink would be nice poolside on a BHB.  Haven’t been to today’s port. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 23

Good afternoon from a mild 52°F North East England.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for your lists and my mention for my stitches removal at 9am UK time.

As well as chocolate I have sold 

Hard Candy (Boiled sweets) for over 35 years.

Excellent quote.

Nice food and wine.

Wishing everyone a fabulous day.

1671451888300619381852328121162.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_120043.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today is a half day for work.  This afternoon I’ll make an Aldi run.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting, I have no idea what’s for dinner.  I’m tempted to do takeout since I cooked all weekend.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.39571158213607044c5a3de653208da6.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Good  morning.  I will post pictures of todays port later when I get my iPhone.  I only have a few as we didn't take an excursion.

Banana Nana cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Banana Rum
1 part Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
1 part Orange Juice
Banana Slice

Instructions
Pour rums and juice over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a banana slice.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 6.19.00 AM.png

Oh no, not the Banana Nana cocktail. OK, this maybe a stretch.

Do y’all remember the song from 1964,  The Name Game. Let’s see if I can do it.

Let’s do RN Bobby.

Bobby, Bobby, bo-bobby

BANANA NANA fo bobby

Fee fi mo bobby

Bobby

Give me an A for effort 🤪

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning everyone. I'm up very early and off to PT. Love the quote.

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate. We have a giant menorah and tree in our clubhouse. We gather every evening to light the candles for 8 nights. This is my family many years ago. Each child has their own menorah.

No photo description available.

Carol

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Back in the low 40s this morning. Should get up to the mid- high 60s later. Current forecast for the upcoming weekend shows warmer temps for the part of New England I will be visiting than my part of Florida! How ironic. 

Roy thank you for keeping our lists. @smitty34877Terry thinking of you today and praying all goes smoothly today and your recovery is quick and painless. 
Gym, chores, trip prep and then getting together with a neighbor to replace the luminary bags with sturdier ones. 

My nephew, who does snow plowing on the side sent me this one. 

490EDEE5-546A-4C37-8893-93AD72945A24.jpeg.9ed60d3cf3a5b7dae8429fba8bfe5615.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! 

Get well & stay well everyone!

Clos du Bois Chardonnay, North Coast, California

All released vintages of this wine share the same very good consumer and critic reviews and very reasonable prices. It is widely available online with prices starting at $9.99 for the 2019 vintage. 

Vintner’s Notes

Our Clos du Bois Chardonnay is a refreshingly aromatic wine from the rugged coast of California. Scents of warm apple pastry rise from the glass with touches of honey and toasted oak. Bright layers of freshly sliced pear and ripe apple with zests of citrus carry through the long finish. 

Fruit for this classic Chardonnay originates from select vineyards along the coast of California. The North Coast imparts ripe apple and pear characteristics, while the Central Coast brings full, concentrated flavor and a gorgeous acidity to the grapes. 

We harvested the grapes in the cool of night, then gently pressed them to preserve the Chardonnay’s fruit characteristics. After settling, the juice was partially barrel fermented in a combination of French and American oak, with the remaining juice undergoing fermentation in stainless steel. To soften the wine’s acidity and impart a rich and creamy mouthfeel, we put the wine through malolactic fermentation.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Back in the low 40s this morning. Should get up to the mid- high 60s later. Current forecast for the upcoming weekend shows warmer temps for the part of New England I will be visiting than my part of Florida! How ironic. 

Roy thank you for keeping our lists. @smitty34877Terry thinking of you today and praying all goes smoothly today and your recovery is quick and painless. 
Gym, chores, trip prep and then getting together with a neighbor to replace the luminary bags with sturdier ones. 

My nephew, who does snow plowing on the side sent me this one. 

490EDEE5-546A-4C37-8893-93AD72945A24.jpeg.9ed60d3cf3a5b7dae8429fba8bfe5615.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! 

Get well & stay well everyone!

Clos du Bois Chardonnay, North Coast, California

All released vintages of this wine share the same very good consumer and critic reviews and very reasonable prices. It is widely available online with prices starting at $9.99 for the 2019 vintage. 

Vintner’s Notes

Our Clos du Bois Chardonnay is a refreshingly aromatic wine from the rugged coast of California. Scents of warm apple pastry rise from the glass with touches of honey and toasted oak. Bright layers of freshly sliced pear and ripe apple with zests of citrus carry through the long finish. 

Fruit for this classic Chardonnay originates from select vineyards along the coast of California. The North Coast imparts ripe apple and pear characteristics, while the Central Coast brings full, concentrated flavor and a gorgeous acidity to the grapes. 

We harvested the grapes in the cool of night, then gently pressed them to preserve the Chardonnay’s fruit characteristics. After settling, the juice was partially barrel fermented in a combination of French and American oak, with the remaining juice undergoing fermentation in stainless steel. To soften the wine’s acidity and impart a rich and creamy mouthfeel, we put the wine through malolactic fermentation.

Hi Ann, I just had this yesterday. It's not a bad alternative to my favorite, Kris.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites from Grand Turk. A short day on shore, all aboard is 1:30.

Prayers for Terry's surgery today. Sandi how is DD foot? Graham your scar looks good.

A few pictures from yesterday in DR.

1218221758a.thumb.jpg.15ca169c1c4656ea1ded39641e9b672c.jpg1218221758.thumb.jpg.3b5669be6eb90e688fbe30da6f3dd9a0.jpg1218221118.thumb.jpg.8cd9da2e61820d673e2992cf96fb977c.jpg1218221140.thumb.jpg.ad16981126a659266aaad734671d11da.jpg

Thank you Joy.

Lovely photos of Amber Cove.

Graham.

• Like 9

Thank you Rich, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Cat Shepard, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

@smitty34877 Terry, praying your surgery goes well.

@grapau27 Graham, I hope your incision is healing nicely.

Sue and I spent the afternoon watching YouTube videos  regarding the Carnival Legend sailing from Baltimore. Sue, DSIL, and I will be onboard in a little over a month. This will sound strange but I'll be glad when it is over as it has actually been rebooked three times plus a different ship. Thanking DSIL for watching Sam while we were in Europe last month. Looking forward to just driving 3-1/2 hours to cruise though. Hopefully we don't have bad weather for the drive?

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We don't often have hard candy around, but I certainly remember the ribbon style candy I had as a child at Christmas.  A big salute for heroes and heroines with gratitude for all they've done.  Yesterday we were at Canadian Tire and saw some evergreens - scrawny ones - that were selling for $69 each.  Yikes!

Well we're getting progressively colder; this morning it's -26C with an expected "high" of -22C.  On a positive note, we're not getting blasted with all the snow that's been falling to the west and east of us!  You don't want to know what the temps are expected to go down to by Friday . . .

Sending good vibes to @smitty34877and her medical team for a successful surgery and easy recovery.

Today will be a busy one getting the house ready for our departure - returning the dining table to it's original state from it's job as a gift wrapping centre, and doing a general clean of the house.  DH has a medical appointment later this afternoon for a prescription refill, so I'll join him and I'm pretty sure we'll stop and pick up something for dinner.  We haven't had Five Guys burgers for a long time, so I think we'll likely swing past there on the way home and will enjoy burgers and fries at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations!  Be safe, stay well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27

7 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Cat Shepard, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

@smitty34877 Terry, praying your surgery goes well.

@grapau27 Graham, I hope your incision is healing nicely.

Sue and I spent the afternoon watching YouTube videos  regarding the Carnival Legend sailing from Baltimore. Sue, DSIL, and I will be onboard in a little over a month. This will sound strange but I'll be glad when it is over as it has actually been rebooked three times plus a different ship. Thanking DSIL for watching Sam while we were in Europe last month. Looking forward to just driving 3-1/2 hours to cruise though. Hopefully we don't have bad weather for the drive?

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Thank you Jack.

I had the stitches out 4 hours ago at 09.00am UK time.

The mark between my ear and my eye is the scar off last Christmas eve Basal cell skin cancer removal.

Graham.

IMG_20221219_092533.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Well, after all the angst, the Hanukkah dinner and concert were a huge success. The dire predictions that the main course would be inedible (that came from one of the cooks) and that the head cook, after tasting it, would throw it out (from the rabbi's wife), were proved wrong; we did not run out of food; and people who sat right down at tables instead of going out to the front lawn to light the big outdoor hanukkiah (menorah) did not eat all the salad and rolls before those who did go out came to their tables (that was my prediction, but I guess the cohort that used to do that has died out).

Here's the big giant menorah from the front lawn.

2041232606_BGM5783.thumb.jpg.816f612e70dcecef8a9d42a465d37146.jpg

A factor in people's satisfaction was probably that it was the first sit-down dinner in the synagogue since 2019. We had the same reaction at our annual meeting in June, but that was a picnic, with seating in a tent.

The meal suggestion would be OK with me, and I will be cooking chicken, because I bought a package of thawed but uncooked kosher chicken (we had 8 packages that weren't used, having ordered by the case), but probably not with that recipe since I don't have the other ingredients. I would pass on the cocktail even though banana and rum, or banana and orange, are good together. I haven't been to Brazil.

349272111_HanukkahGrinch.thumb.jpg.0fa5a5ac083c7ef4a9a2cabcae1add7a.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 4