$7 per steak and eggs room service order even in concierge class

emmette_cub

Messaged Celebrity via Twitter and they forwarded it to the ship.  

Captain’s Club contact on board then called us this morning and agreed the charge should not have been made so maybe we’ll try again.  

The breakfast buffet was a bit crowded and out of a number of popular hot items but we’re not going to dry up and blow away anytime soon lol

4 minutes ago, emmette_cub said:

Messaged Celebrity via Twitter and they forwarded it to the ship.  

Captain’s Club contact on board then called us this morning and agreed the charge should not have been made so maybe we’ll try again.  

The breakfast buffet was a bit crowded and out of a number of popular hot items but we’re not going to dry up and blow away anytime soon lol

Try the main dining room, open for seated and served breakfast everyday. We’ve always had good luck with the eggs arriving as ordered and appreciate not having to run around filling our plates from the various stations in the buffet and then searching for a table. 

On the Millie had a very unique room service event.  Left the door tag for just coffee, selected the time I think it was 6-630.  We get woken up by a phone call at 520am asking if we still wanted breakfast; we're both half asleep and I confirmed it was just coffee and nothing else.  Tell them to please leave it at the door if we don't answer and we go back asleep.  Get a phone call at 635am, again we're asleep, answer and the delivery person saying to come to the door.  I explain I'm not yet out of bed and to leave it at the door, they say no problem.  Another 20mins goes by and we receive a THIRD phone call asking if we enjoyed breakfast.  Never experienced a single phone call on any other sailing...lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the Millie had a very unique room service event.  Left the door tag for just coffee, selected the time I think it was 6-630.  We get woken up by a phone call at 520am asking if we still wanted breakfast; we're both half asleep and I confirmed it was just coffee and nothing else.  Tell them to please leave it at the door if we don't answer and we go back asleep.  Get a phone call at 635am, again we're asleep, answer and the delivery person saying to come to the door.  I explain I'm not yet out of bed and to leave it at the door, they say no problem.  Another 20mins goes by and we receive a THIRD phone call asking if we enjoyed breakfast.  Never experienced a single phone call on any other sailing...lol

On Millie we received a call telling us our breakfast had arrived and to please open the door. They are very prompt and knock is almost silent.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I can understand why they wouldn’t want to leave trays of food in the hallways. An accident waiting to happen. 

Just now, thebutlerdidit said:

I can understand why they wouldn’t want to leave trays of food in the hallways. An accident waiting to happen. 

Other ships will leave it without even calling.  Generally we only order coffee for breakfast room service as the container does keep it hot for at least an hour

On 12/19/2022 at 7:08 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

OMG!  No way I'd order steak and eggs via room service...sounds like a disaster 😄!  Love the made to order egg station in OV.  Enjoy!

No way I'd order steak and eggs period!  I'm sure there may be a rare exception, but I've never seen steak and eggs come with anything other than a thin, over cooked, steak.  

• Like 1

Did you want your room service tray to be left in the hallway until you woke up and retrieved it?

Donit think they will leave trays on the floor in the hall.   I have seen little tables set outside of COVID staterooms but don’t think this is available for other staterooms.

Edited by Covepointcruiser
Error

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

No way I'd order steak and eggs period!  I'm sure there may be a rare exception, but I've never seen steak and eggs come with anything other than a thin, over cooked, steak.  

FYI we ordered steak on eggs benedict in Luminae on the day before.  We expected a nice rare steak under the eggs instead of ham, like we experienced at the Sherboune Hotel in Dublin years ago (best we ever had), but to our surprise Luminae delivered EB with side of thick, eight ounce, rare sirloin steak. What a surprise and belly buster!  It was delicious, though we did not eat lunch.

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Never experienced a single phone call on any other sailing...lol

I find this super surprising (not doubting you, simply commenting).  With many Celebrity cruises and ordering breakfast room service most days, we ALWAYS get a call just before it is delivered.  We actually use this as our wake up call.

Mike

7 minutes ago, mandream said:

I find this super surprising (not doubting you, simply commenting).  With many Celebrity cruises and ordering breakfast room service most days, we ALWAYS get a call just before it is delivered.  We actually use this as our wake up call.

Mike

We only get coffee and write on the slip "leave at the door", perhaps that's why

26 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We only get coffee and write on the slip "leave at the door", perhaps that's why

It would be thoughtful to just bring the coffee carafe inside when it’s been delivered at the time that you specified. It seems like a no-no for the crew member to leave a tray outside to obstruct the hallway. There could also be a risk of someone tampering with it as it sits there. 

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We have always received a phone call prior to the delivery on breakfast.  I am left wondering how you have never received a call previously.