How are the Jr. Suites on Odyssey?

mafig

On Odyssey, there are three different layouts when it comes to Jr Suites, so make sure when choosing you know the layout that particular one has.  Some have 1 bathroom, some have a split bath with a sink and toilet on one side of the hall and a sink, tub and shower (no toilet) on the other side  And a few have a split bath with a sink and toilet on one side, and a sink, toilet and shower/tub combo on the other side.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Thanks 1

Is Odyssey identical to Soeftrum? They're both ultra-class quantum ships I believe. 

On spectrum they have a "regular" Junior suite (on my sailing, the cost is $8800 for 2 people), but then they have a "Sky" Junior suite, which is $19,900 for 2 people. Both prices are insane, and I can't make out the difference between the two options other than one comes with sky class benefits. 

Id go for the regular junior suite if they knocked $2800 off the price. 

35 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Is Odyssey identical to Soeftrum? They're both ultra-class quantum ships I believe. 

On spectrum they have a "regular" Junior suite (on my sailing, the cost is $8800 for 2 people), but then they have a "Sky" Junior suite, which is $19,900 for 2 people. Both prices are insane, and I can't make out the difference between the two options other than one comes with sky class benefits. 

Id go for the regular junior suite if they knocked $2800 off the price. 

Spectrum is unique in that it was designed for the Chinese market with a dedicated suite area on decks 15 and 16.  The Sky Junior Suites are located in this area and have full suite benefits, while the other (Sea) Junior Suites are located elsewhere and do not have access.  The rooms themselves are the same size and layout.  There are also Sky Balcony cabins that get access, but are otherwise normal balcony rooms.  I'm not sure what changes they have made to dining arrangements since moving to Singapore, but originally only the "Golden" (Sky/Star class) cabins had access to the suite restaurant within the dedicated area, while "Silver" (Sea class) cabins dined in the area that is usually Solarium Bistro.

Odyssey does not have the dedicated suite area and only has Sea class Junior Suites, with the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen in the same areas as the other Quantum class ships.  However, they are bringing back the dedicated suite area and Sky Junior Suite concept with Icon.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rockmom said:

On Odyssey, there are three different layouts when it comes to Jr Suites, so make sure when choosing you know the layout that particular one has.  Some have 1 bathroom, some have a split bath with a sink and toilet on one side of the hall and a sink, tub and shower (no toilet) on the other side  And a few have a split bath with a sink and toilet on one side, and a sink, toilet and shower/tub combo on the other side.  

Interesting!  Any idea how one figures out the difference?

• Like 1

The difference is J4 J3 but someone else can answer for sure.

We had the powder room and the tub shower sink toilet combo.  DH used  my bathroom to shower but otherwise had his own which makes for a very happy cruise.  

Nice big drawer under the sinks in the bathroom.  6 large drawers in the room.  Large dresser top plus large desk/vanity area.  By far our favorite Jr. suite ever. No walk in closet but it was large and was lighted.  Had additional smaller closets on each side of the bed.  Sofa and 2 chairs.  Padded chairs with ottoman on balcony.  

1 hour ago, dada2199cc said:

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

The difference is J4 J3 but someone else can answer for sure.

We had the powder room and the tub shower sink toilet combo.  DH used  my bathroom to shower but otherwise had his own which makes for a very happy cruise.  

Nice big drawer under the sinks in the bathroom.  6 large drawers in the room.  Large dresser top plus large desk/vanity area.  By far our favorite Jr. suite ever. No walk in closet but it was large and was lighted.  Had additional smaller closets on each side of the bed.  Sofa and 2 chairs.  Padded chairs with ottoman on balcony.  

That is correct, the difference is between the J4 & J3. I personally like the J4 best and have stayed in a J4, four times. My friend had a J3, so I was able to compare.

J3 - Two bathrooms: One has a toilet and sink, the other has a shower/tub combo, toilet, and sink.

J4 - Two Bathrooms: One has a toilet and sink, the other has a tub, a separate rectangular shower (fairly large) with a full glass door, and a sink.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bajathree said:

The J4's are also on the hump....so best location and balcony views.

I agree it is a great location but avoid deck 13 J4's on the hump.  They are under the kitchen for Coastal Kitchen.  We had that location on Anthem and had noise from above every night after midnight when they were cleaning that area.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I agree it is a great location but avoid deck 13 J4's on the hump.  They are under the kitchen for Coastal Kitchen.  We had that location on Anthem and had noise from above every night after midnight when they were cleaning that area.  

Agreed....stick to deck 7-12

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 7:59 AM, dada2199cc said:

Sorry, crazy week, not been online.  I see the answers regarding J3 and J4.  Odyssey also has J1's, which are the corners at the aft on decks 10, 11 and 12.   They only have one bathroom.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Sorry, crazy week, not been online.  I see the answers regarding J3 and J4.  Odyssey also has J1's, which are the corners at the aft on decks 10, 11 and 12.   They only have one bathroom.  

Aha!

I snagged a recent paid upgrade to 10240 for February but I keep watching hoping a nicer suite opens for cheap, lol!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

Aha!

I snagged a recent paid upgrade to 10240 for February but I keep watching hoping a nicer suite opens for cheap, lol!

I will say, the aft jr suite I was in, 12324, got a lot of soot on the balcony, we had to remember to put a beach towel down before sitting on our loungers.  And try not to touch the railings.  

Edited by rockmom

Just now, rockmom said:

I will say, the aft jr suite I was in, 12324) got a lot of soot on the balcony, we had to remember to put a beach towel down before sitting on our loungers.  And try not to touch the railings.  

Yeah that’s no go for me!

I wonder how many ship designers got fired over that!

• Like 1