Recent reports on how strict is Celebrity about early arrivals?

Nashna

9 hours ago, Nashna said:

We received the 10:30 slot on our January 2022 Apex cruise.

I should have specified that I was referring to M and S-class.  

Fair 

On 12/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, Nashna said:

You still planning to queue jump next time? Just asking. Happy Xmas - and Santa will be there when he gets there, doesn’t come early if you are Elite 🤪🤪🤪

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, C4HCG said:

You still planning to queue jump next time? Just asking. Happy Xmas - and Santa will be there when he gets there, doesn’t come early if you are Elite 🤪🤪🤪

Thank you Santa was very generous this year and actually arrived with several gifts a few days prior to the 25th.  I must have been on the very nice list.  We are attempting to arrive later than 10:45am   if that doesn't work out, we have decided that dragging our luggage into a Starbucks and then getting a taxi to the pier will just be too much trouble to avoid standing at the pier.  We will arrive, get into whatever queue Celebrity has set up, (last January they had signs with the different arrival times listed for folks to line up) and proceed according to instructions.  We don't expect to access the building until 11:30am.  Since we will have an early flight out of Fort Lauderdale, we do expect to take advantage of our Elite status for our departure.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Thank you Santa was very generous this year and actually arrived with several gifts a few days prior to the 25th.  I must have been on the very nice list.  We are attempting to arrive later than 10:45am   if that doesn't work out, we have decided that dragging our luggage into a Starbucks and then getting a taxi to the pier will just be too much trouble to avoid standing at the pier.  We will arrive, get into whatever queue Celebrity has set up, (last January they had signs with the different arrival times listed for folks to line up) and proceed according to instructions.  We don't expect to access the building until 11:30am.  Since we will have an early flight out of Fort Lauderdale, we do expect to take advantage of our Elite status for our departure.  

Didn't know Elite had any priority on departure. Yes we have a separate lounge (Tuscan on S class which is actually a pain due to its location. We prefer to wait in the Al Bacio) but not anything else. What is the benefit? Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

Didn't know Elite had any priority on departure. Yes we have a separate lounge (Tuscan on S class which is actually a pain due to its location. We prefer to wait in the Al Bacio) but not anything else. What is the benefit? Thanks in advance 

No priority disembarkation for Elites on November 12 Apex cruise, just the lounge in Tuscan. Our assigned time was 8:50, and we were called right in time.

As for embarkation, they were strongly enforcing times.  We had 11:00-11:30, arrived at 11:05, had to queue and wait for earlier group to clear before our line started to enter terminal 25 around 11:30, then another wait inside.

I don’t mind waiting in an orderly line, but I was put off by the fact that it took a Port employee with a bullhorn to try to keep order among the crowd. It was very stressful and reinforced the value of The Retreat for future cruises.

18 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

No priority disembarkation for Elites on November 12 Apex cruise, just the lounge in Tuscan. Our assigned time was 8:50, and we were called right in time.

As for embarkation, they were strongly enforcing times.  We had 11:00-11:30, arrived at 11:05, had to queue and wait for earlier group to clear before our line started to enter terminal 25 around 11:30, then another wait inside.

I don’t mind waiting in an orderly line, but I was put off by the fact that it took a Port employee with a bullhorn to try to keep order among the crowd. It was very stressful and reinforced the value of The Retreat for future cruises.

which embarkation port?

11 hours ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

I don’t mind waiting in an orderly line, but I was put off by the fact that it took a Port employee with a bullhorn to try to keep order among the crowd. It was very stressful and reinforced the value of The Retreat for future cruises

I wonder what caused the 10.30 to 11.00 to run late? To many passengers turning up outside of their alloted times? You said you arrived at 11.05 and had to join a queue for your slot so unless clearly some of your group had arrived early. 

(

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

I wonder what caused the 10.30 to 11.00 to run late? To many passengers turning up outside of their alloted times? You said you arrived at 11.05 and had to join a queue for your slot so unless clearly some of your group had arrived early. 

Sorry I forgot to mention it was Port Everglades. There were lines marked with signage for every other boarding time (no idea why not for each time - that added to the confusion), and people were getting in line as soon as they arrived at port.  

So yes, there were hordes of people arriving to the port in advance of their times.Many were indignant that they were not allowed to enter the terminal and verbally abusive to port employees and other passengers. I think that part of the reason that boarding was slow was that many of us were unable to complete the health questionnaire through the app, and it had to be done by agents once we entered the terminal. Hopefully, that is not an ongoing issue.

The funny part was that my husband had gone to park the car, so I got in our line by myself initially. (At the direction of the port employee - she said that he could join me when he got back, just to let others go ahead if he wasn’t back by the time it started moving.) 

He jogged up just as the line began to move, and we barely stopped as we completed check-in and waited just a few minutes to board. His comment was, “that wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be.” Ha, he missed all the drama and stress!

• Like 2

There is no reason for anyone to verbally abuse port personnel.  It was so simple last January as port personnel checked everyone's boarding time and sent people who were in the wrong time slot line to their correct waiting area.  Perhaps now that sailings are at near capacity that system won't work.  

8 minutes ago, Nashna said:

There is no reason for anyone to verbally abuse port personnel.  It was so simple last January as port personnel checked everyone's boarding time and sent people who were in the wrong time slot line to their correct waiting area.  Perhaps now that sailings are at near capacity that system won't work.  

The system will work as long as passengers cooperate.  Those passengers who think the rules do not apply to them contribute largely to the mess.  You have an assigned time, show up at that time or be willing to wait if you show up earlier than your assigned time.   This is why we can't have nice things. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 7:30 AM, islabahia said:

No one cares about your Elite status.  Do you have any idea how many Elite pax there are across the Fleet?  Seems pretentious to me to mention CC status.  Those at the highest level (Zenith) rarely mention their status at all, on forums or in the ship.  CC members might want to rethink commenting on their status….JMHO.

C/C members might want to lighten up! For years Elites and above could board early so  she asked a simply question not knowing. My last two cruises Ft. Laurdale in April and Barcelona in July my friends boarded over a hour early with no issues. We traveled together and they of course wanted to board when I did at 11:30 (it was my boarding time). If you do not want to answer someone question  go on to the next post. IMO your post is out of line I see some of these comments and think do I really want to be part of this community.

Edited by southernbreezes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We are sailing in January on the Edge in the retreat ( first time). Is there a separate line? We have 11:00 boarding. Is that important for the retreat? Thanks

Look for "The Retreat" signs. The arrival time does not apply to Retreat guests. You can check in as soon as it opens.

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
28 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Look for "The Retreat" signs. The arrival time does not apply to Retreat guests. You can check in as soon as it opens.

When does "it" open?

If anyone has recently embarked from Terminal 25 @ PE, is there a time when people start amassing (perhaps disregarding designated check-in times)?

Why can't people just follow protocols?!

Sheesh, so many threads on CC depicting selfish, disrespectful passenger behavior in so many ways.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

24 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

When does "it" open?

If anyone has recently embarked from Terminal 25 @ PE, is there a time when people start amassing (perhaps disregarding designated check-in times)?

Why can't people just follow protocols?!

Sheesh, so many threads on CC depicting selfish, disrespectful passenger behavior in so many ways.

Check in generally opens around 10am - 10:30am.

As for the rest, Celebrity is a mass market cruise line. People are gonna do what they do.

Edited by RichYak
clarity

Guest 4-2-N-8

I'd propose that a "spankings" line be set up for those who disregard the rules.

However, I'm afraid that there are those who'd then break more rules (even if they never broke them before) just to get in line for spankings.

You can't win for losing! 🤹‍♂️

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I never knew this. I thought there was just a separate check-in line.

For the "new" terminal in port Ev  and oribably others, the old rules are no longer in effect

There was previously a clearly defined  boarding order.  Suites..Zenith..now have their own entry  so they are out of the gen boarding mix...

Used to be them first, then then E +  and AQ Class, then Elite and Concierge...

No longer followed.  Wheel chairs get some preference...Concierge sometimes gets on early for the lunch...

Everyone  else lines up  allegedly by time..it is a miserable waiting area with  uncomfortable metal benches..like a bus terminal..Everyone wants to be first...rude chaos!

GRIN AND BEAR IT.

We recently sailed in a suite...much better experience  with go right in  rules.

We thought the waiting area  would be much nicer.. It had  more comfy seats...not nearly enough.  Open Bar but no snacks whatsoever...just a less crowded free for all  .  GRIN AND BEAR IT!

• Thanks 1

That’s sad. Even Princess does a better job.  For suites and Elite. And so far the suite level on Royal Caribbean and NCL Haven are tops. And Celebrity suites are so expensive! Hopefully it will be better treatment once on board. Also our first time on the Edge, so I’m nervous about that. We loved the Reflection, Equinox and Eclipse