BUYING FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSITS

CRUISEWITHH

40 minutes ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

If a friend is sailing onboard and wants to purchase future cruise deposits for themselves, can they also buy future cruise deposits for a friend who is not on the cruise?   They even have the friends Captain Circle number.

The answer is ‘YES’, Princess allows a person on a sailing to purchase FCD’s for passengers NOT on board. Of course you need the person’s Captain Circle number and as backup have birthdate or address for extra verification. 

A couple months ago, my sister emailed me the CC numbers for her husband and a digit was off, fortunately I had other info for the future cruise agent to verify when they did name search. 

I was able to purchase FCD’s for 8 people not on board. The FCD’s will be charged to YOU, so you will need to be reimbursed by your ‘friends’, so I would only do this for people you trust will repay or you do not mind ‘gifting’.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

45 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The answer is no they cannot.  The passenger has to be onboard to purchase FCD's.

Hi @LACruiser88, enjoy being on the Discovery, surprised you did not know Princess has allowed you to purchase FCD’s for people NOT on board. Have allowed this for many years, not new. 

Holland America used to also allow, but my understanding is they do not now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Our daughter, who has not  cruised with Princess, 

was booked for a Princess cruise with me but had to cancel. Will she have a capt circle #?  

Yes, Princess will assign a new Capt circle number to any booked passenger if a Captain circle number is not provided at time of booking. This creates multiple ‘accounts’ but can easily be corrected by the Loyalty manager or Princess when u are back home. Also if you ever ‘refer’ a new to Princess person, they are assigned a Captain circle number.

The number will still be valid, even though your daughter did not sail.

One of the many issues the Loyalty manager has to correct on the first day is Passengers going to the desk asking ‘why do I have a blue card and now blue Medallion’ signifying it is your first cruise with Princess. Either they or their TA did not provide a Captain circle number at booking so Princess assumes you are a ‘newbie’.

My niece just referred her friend as they are sailing next February and she asked me to buy him a FCD so he could get the OBC. When my sister tried to get it applied, the Princess agent said ‘how can he have a FCD if he is new to Princess?’ My sister then explained how, so even Princess employees are not aware of this feature.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hmmm...I didn't think FCDs were transferrable.

We are not transferring a FCD. I was on board the Discovery Princess October 2022 and purchased a FCD for my sister’s friend, who she just referred. When she did the referral and he accepted, Princess then assigns him a captains circle number. 

Princess allows you to purchase FCD’s for people not on board, they just need to have a captains circle number. The person on board is charged for the FCD, so either you get pre payment or trust you will re reimbursed.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, 1965 said:

Our daughter, who has not  cruised with Princess, 

was booked for a Princess cruise with me but had to cancel. Will she have a capt circle #?  

If she created a login on the Princess site, then she has a captain's circle number.

When you log on, go to My Account .... Profile Information and it will be near the top of the page

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LouCoop said:

I have a different question regarding FCD. If you book with FCD and need to cancel booking before final payment is the FCD refundable?

3 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Yes, you get the FCD reassigned back to your captain circle account.

Additionally, if you don't use the FCD it is refunded to the original method of purchase. It used to automagically refund after 2 years or you could contact Princess and have it extended. Not sure what the time frame is these days.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LouCoop said:

I have a different question regarding FCD. If you book with FCD and need to cancel booking before final payment is the FCD refundable?

The FCD will be returned as such to your Captain's Circle account if it has not expired at the time of cancellation.  If it has expired, you receive a cash refund. 

This is a very important thing to be aware of in case you are cancelling with plans to rebook and think you are going to reuse the FCD.  Check that FCD expiry date in your CC Account before cancelling the booking.  If it is expired, you need to get Princess to extend the date so it will remain as FCD which can be used for the rebooking step.

Unused FCD's are cancelled and refunded after two years.  Every FCD you have on account indicates its expiry date.  You can often request an extension if plan to make a booking.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

And yet another question.... 

We are booked on a cruise in Sept and used our FCDs for that.

Now, we have seen a "cruise" for April 2024 that we would like to do and

are  thinking we would book now as we think it may be popular.

So first part of question is, if we book and pay the deposit now  can we buy

future cruise deposits in September  and still apply them towards the balance

for the cruise in April 24 .

Second part is,   The "cruise" is only shown on Princess as  2 separate cruises

that are back to back so we will be asking our agent to book them separately in which case

can we buy  4 FCDs  (2 each) and apply them separately thus getting OBC on each sector.

We felt wronged years ago when we booked  a LA to New Zealand and Oz trip 

and found that  on that occasion the cruise was sold as  one originally then split

LA to NZ and NZ to OZ. and those booking later  were able to treat it as 2  and

received two lots of OBC  and 2 lots of elite perks of cabin bar refill.

That may not be the full/correct story  it may just be that it was  sold differently

in the Uk than in the US.    

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

And yet another question.... 

We are booked on a cruise in Sept and used our FCDs for that.

Now, we have seen a "cruise" for April 2024 that we would like to do and

are  thinking we would book now as we think it may be popular.

So first part of question is, if we book and pay the deposit now  can we buy

future cruise deposits in September  and still apply them towards the balance

for the cruise in April 24 .

No, you would have to cancel and rebook, or at least we did as that happened to us.  We made a FCC while onboard in March but we already had a cruise booked for 2024.  First they told us it couldn’t be done, then when I said I would just cancel (price was almost the same) and rebook.  So she cancelled us and rebooked and used the FCC.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:11 PM, CRUISEWITHH said:

Thank you all for your answers.  Turns out that my friends were able to buy me a Future Cruise Deposit.  I had supplied them my Captains Circle number and I paid them when they returned from their cruise.

Keep in  mind that if by some chance your FCD expires then it will be refunded *to your friends* purchase method...or by check!

1 hour ago, Perky1 said:

No, you would have to cancel and rebook, or at least we did as that happened to us.  We made a FCC while onboard in March but we already had a cruise booked for 2024.  First they told us it couldn’t be done, then when I said I would just cancel (price was almost the same) and rebook.  So she cancelled us and rebooked and used the FCC.

FCC is not FCD.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Second part is,   The "cruise" is only shown on Princess as  2 separate cruises

that are back to back so we will be asking our agent to book them separately in which case

can we buy  4 FCDs  (2 each) and apply them separately thus getting OBC on each sector.

Yes.

10 hours ago, Perky1 said:

<deleted - someone else mentioned it>

Edited by Steelers36