The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 2nd, 2023

rafinmd

Today is International Stop Spam Day, Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day, and World Introvert Day

There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.--Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Drink of the Day - Legent Blossom Old Fashioned
Wine of the Day - Sokol Blosser Evolution Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, Oregon
Destination of the Day - Port Lincoln, South Australia

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 1-03

Koningsdam

Loreto, Baja California Mexico 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

Fort-de-France, Martinique 08:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ushuaia, Argentina eta 1-04

Rotterdam

Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya 13:00 - 22:00

Volendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Nassau, Bahamas, New Providence Island eta 1-03

Zuiderdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Fiordland National Park, New Zealand eta 1-05

Westerdam

Sydney, NSW Australia 07:00 - 18:30

Capture1.JPG.aabdf686e9f3a6e900e8b246c958e829.JPG

Capture2.JPG.11b293ed459d0ecb9319dd711164647f.JPG

Roy for Rich

• Like 27
  • Thanks 12

For some reason I was up at 2am, so I’m catching up on some reading. I know I’ll fall asleep at some point but I have my alarm set to see the Rose Parade at 8am. Yes, it’s repeated throughout the day but I think some things are cut out because it’s shorter. 

Take care, all. 🙂

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

Thank you for supplying today's daily reports and lists Roy.

It is sunny but cold 33°F.

Stopping spam would be a blessing.

Interesting quote.

Today's food sounds good.

We have never been to Australia so photos of today's port is welcome.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230102_105841.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Good morning and thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Cloudy and dull day here with a chance of showers later.  Strange weather for this time of year.

Interesting collection of days.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'm sure I'll like the drink, hope the wine is good too.

Another port I have not been to, but hope to visit someday.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

International Stop Spam Day. This makes me very mad. No one’s going to stop me from eating Spam. It’s one of four basic food groups right behind hot dogs, sausage, peanuts and pickles.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 6
  • Haha 21

Good Monday morning.  Thanks to the Fleet Report I see HMC will be rather quiet with just and the Zuiderdam.  We will go ashore if it is the large tender. We passed our Covid tests yesterday and are preparing to move to our Vista tomorrow.  They gave us  our in transit packet but no cards. Called and asked for them but haven't been delivered yet. Probably another trip to the front desk.  Thank you for sending the Daily and the Care and Celebration reports each day @rafinmd. Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.  

We have a gorgeous sunrise here today but not from our cabin.  Have a great day! Nancy 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Thanks to the Fleet Report I see HMC will be rather quiet with just and the Zuiderdam. 

Good morning from Zuiderdam at Half Moon Cay. @ottahand7 it looks like you might be on Volendam and left out the word us.

It looks like it is going to be a nice day.

Thanks again to @rafinmd for publishing the Fleet Report and Daily

• Like 27

Good morning Daily-ites! A beautiful still dark morning at sea on our balcony. Lots of time to thank the Lord for our blessings and pray for those in ill health and less fortunate.

I keep thinking of a news cast that families were willing to go in debt by taking their family to Disney World for holiday.. It left me sad. 

Last night I dined alone in MDR. I shouldn't say alone as I had visitors stop and chat. It was kinda fun.. Anyway, I am allergic to garlic so I get a menu after dinner I choose from for the next night and Chef makes me something out of it. Last night he made a fabulous pasta with white wine, herbs, langastino and shrimp. I ate the whole thing and Rini brought a dessert and drew a heart on the top. 

New Year's Eve we passed out cards and "gifts" to our top 10. Someone came by and put a big bow and a carnation on our door handle. And there were these:

0102230700.thumb.jpg.a45695f7e246a053ab2fa48025e712b6.jpg

I love this crew!

As Roy States on the Fleet Report, today we are due in Cozumel from 12 to 9:30. I have not been there before, therefore have googled and look for information off board.

Wishing all our friends a blessed day! Know you are loved!

• Like 26

Good morning,

Just a quick hello before we have breakfast and showers and run off to our house to see what surprises await us today.  

Baseboards need to be touched up and hopefully they will resume replacing the furniture in our home again.  Story too long as to why they stopped on Friday..

New Living Room Furniture scheduled to come on Jan. 12.

Gotta go.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Today will be a cloudy day with a high of 68F but it is only 49 now.  I shouldn't say only because a week from now we will be experiencing lows in the 30's.  49 is looking good all of a sudden!  Happy birthday wishes to my DDIL who is celebrating in Cancun and to Sam, @mamaofami's DH.  Hope it's a good one!  This morning I got up and applied Voltaren to my lower back to ease the arthritic pain there and got busy on the treadmill.  I'm thinking my NY resolution should be to try to get back to our neighborhood gym.  Hmmm...

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor creating our Daily content and to Roy @rafinmdfor posting for Rich while he's on his WC.  Interesting group of days to celebrate!  I like the chicken pot pie casserole suggestion so will wait to see how Debbie @dfishsays to prepare it.  No thanks to the drink and wine today.  Prayers for all our Daily Care list friends and to the people of Ukraine who have lived with the horror of war for 10 or 11 months now.  I hope Allen is feeling better soon. Cheers to all our celebrating people.  Hope the cruise people have a great day!

Sending good luck wishes to my DD who is back to school this morning (teachers only, no students until tomorrow).  She has to drive herself to school only 20 days after surgery on her foot.  Yes, she knows not to wear her boot while driving!  I hope she can sit on a stool and take her weight off her foot because I know it tends to swell if she isn't extremely careful.  

Port of the day is Port Lincoln, S. Australia which we have had twice before.  First was Sept. 5, 2021 and second was June 30, 2022.  We have not been to Port Lincoln before.  If you have photos previously posted and would like to retrieve them easily, here are the links to those dates.

and the second time, June 30, 2022

• Like 24

Good morning everyone.  What an interesting collection of days, as someone who is more introverted I’ll take it!  I like the quote.  The meal suggestion sounds very good as do the drink and wine.  I look forward to seeing the photos of today’s port as I have not been.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list. Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!  

• Like 19

This week is going to be busy.  New insurance coverage so a Dr. appointment everyday.  LOL  No health problems, just re-establishing check-ups.

Legent Blossom Old Fashioned cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Legent® Bourbon
1/2 part Sweet Vermouth
1/4 part Luxardo® Maraschino Liqueur
2 dashes of Angostura® Bitters
Garnish: Orange Peel
Flower Blossom
(optional)

Instructions
Combine all ingredients into mixing glass with ice. Stir 10-15 seconds until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh, high quality ice. Express the orange peel over the drink and then place in the glass as garnish.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 8.08.14 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for sharing today’s Report & Daily, Roy! Rich thank you for creating it, so we would not go through withdrawal while you are cruising the World! What an amazing adventure to look forward to!

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy!  Super foggy this morning. But it was already 58 here this morning. I have a few more tree ornaments to wrap and pack away, and then I am done until next weekend.  One gym class, Aldi (since it was closed yesterday), Bindi walks, chores. 

504649C6-D474-4518-B19C-64527A18EB81.jpeg.e80629a4abd07984f40705fb490d4464.jpeg

0DE145C1-068B-4C5D-8211-8E77D75FC7A8.jpeg.37dc55d11b39cbd19310484858dc95fb.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Safe and smooth travels to those traveling. Get well & stay well everyone!

Sokol Blosser E-Evolution Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, Oregon

Pinot Noir fans may have enjoyed this one on a BHB. All released vintages of this Pinot share the same very good - excellent ratings.  Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $15.99.

Winemaker Notes

Bright red, round & juicy fruit. Cherry pie and a hint of oak. This Pinot is round, rich, and ripe with jammy fruit flavors. Easy to drink and even easier to find something to pair with it.

JS92 James Suckling

A pretty nose of forest berries, fresh cherries, pine cones, fresh flowers, slate and baking spices. Medium body with sleek, seamless tannins and bright acidity. So supple and pure. Juicy finish. Drink now.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 7

Good morning, everyone!

We had a small gathering yesterday afternoon for a New Year's celebration.  Today we will take down the small tree.  It is mostly decorated with Sue's ornaments and I'm not sure of the packing, so she will help with that before she heads north to her "rental".  She is counting down the days to retirement and being here full time.  We are also going out to lunch with DB and DSIL before Sue heads north.  

Today's meal is good for a winter's night.  I would definitely leave out the carrots.  We'll start with a very basic and quick recipe.  This is one you can dress up any way you like.  Add  your favorite seasonings!  Switch out the vegetables!   https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/5-ingredient-chicken-pot-pie-casserole/14f83449-4c1d-4d05-983d-bf38c7f604a347375218_chickenpotpie1.jpg.ce6b1c2027078408a9e0c08f460dfc8a.jpg

This next one looks really easy as well.   Instead of a full upper crust it has biscuits.  I love biscuits.  https://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/chicken-pot-pie-casserole/

1824937768_chickenpotpie2.thumb.jpg.0f861f2e6ed14a9ae5e27f3d3a2f4e24.jpg

This next one has a homemade sauce for the filling instead of using canned soup.  That sounds good to me as I am not a fan of canned soup.  I'll use it when I have to, but try to avoid it.   It also uses puff pastry for the crust.  https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/chicken-pot-pie-casserole/

1632607143_chickenpotpie3.thumb.jpg.ef623657d0c4e0d5e687add2ddddb1ce.jpg

Our last recipe has a homemade sauce and homemade biscuits.  It also includes some mushrooms, which I like.  Enough of them might be a good sub for the carrots.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-potpie-casserole/

489934023_chickenpotpie4.thumb.jpg.dcae86059de8dc3afac03be0efb2e263.jpg

I hope one of these works for you!  Should you have any left over turkey, you can use that instead.  Or left over ham.  Or left over roast beef.  You get the idea.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.   

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7