The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 2nd, 2023

rafinmd

6 minutes ago, richwmn said:

My appointment for a Covid test prior to the World was 8am, but I was a bit early. It is now 8:18 and I have not gotten a call so I guess I am cleared to continue on.

Congrats, Rich. I would have been a bit anxious waiting to hear. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all who contribute to the Daily/Fleet report!  Another nice day here in our neighbourhood.  We had chicken pot pie on New Year's Eve. 

I spent most of yesterday tidying up my library and that included the area around my recliner where my cross stitch supplies are.  I spent a lot of time going through all my floss to see if I was getting low on any colours.  It was a very enjoyable day.  My dh watched American football.

• Like 20

Good morning. It is cloudy and 50 degrees here this morning. The recipes look so tasty today.We are contemplating  the one with homemade biscuits  and sauce.Thanks Debbie, @dfish.

A very Happy Birthday  to @mamaofami's Sam!

Also to Sandi'sDDIL @StLouisCruisers,Happy Birthday 

Tomorrow  I return  to see the Ortho  Doc and I hope I get cleared to start exercising. I also need help to correct the side to side waddle I developed when the hip suddenly worsened. As a PT I am aware of it but it is difficult to correct an old gait pattern....especially  on yourself.

I will salute introverts but not the flagpole thing.We have not been to the port.

Have a great day everyone. 

• Like 25

Happy Monday Morning Dailyites!  It seems odd that the parade is on today, and not on the actual first. We are off work today, and i will work tomorrow morning, as I have that late dr's appointment tomorrow night.  I printed out the onion soup recipe and the wings recipe from yesterday, so I will need to go shop, but I wont be able to cook them until later in the week, so maybe put off the grocery shopping until Wednesday.  We were going to have salmon last night, but since we ended up with such a late lunch, we didn't feel hungry at dinner time.  So, now last nights dinner is today's lunch.  

We finished the Death in Paradise marathon,  Season 12 will be released in England on the 7th, and later in the states....

My father always said I was the most extroverted introvert he had ever met.  It takes me a lot of courage to actually be with people face to face, and yet I have worked in retail, customer service, and teaching my whole work life.  I think I would be happier behind a computer, or working in the yard,  or being a professional beach bum, but then I meet a human, and I cant stop talking!  

de69bf8ab87753e171677645ac42e702.png

0a4437ec6dd290022448631dd418b6ea--kliban-cat-cartoon-cats.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 2

Good morning! It’s the start of an exciting week for us as we prepare for another cruise. We have been on many Caribbean cruises so we do have a couple of excursions but the ship is the main destination.
One last load of laundry this morning and will finish packing after that. DW made a great Chicken Marsala dinner last night followed by a movie then early to bed.

It’s currently 67 degrees with a lighter fog then yesterday and temperature will rise to 71! Quite a difference from a week ago!

Thanks to all who make the Daily a special community of on-line friends! Hopefully, we will have strong enough WiFi signals aboard to follow along. Sounds like our ship Azamara Onward recently installed Star Link to improve reception.

Have a great week.

Bruce

image.jpeg.fd455f3b940b47da191c12f97a1b968c.jpegimage.jpeg.b54deb0b6ac841bab15f3a5699a71345.jpegimage.jpeg.1787da350a82b36404b9b18ef5807401.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 9

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm all for stopping spam, both on the phone and email. I'm trying something new today, so that fits. I used to be more introverted, but have become a bit less so as I got older. Excellent quote. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I have been to Australia, but haven't been to Port Lincoln.

It's cloudy and raining off and on here, but at least it's 49F. I finally got a better night's sleep last night. BFF and I are going with friends to the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens later today. I think I went there once, when I first moved here over 40 years ago. They decorate inside and out for the holidays, and we always said we'd like to go see it. So today's the day!

@rafinmd Thanks for getting the Daily started today.

@ottahand7 I'm glad to hear you passed your tests. 

@mamaofami Happy Birthday to Sam!

@Cruzin Terri Here's hoping everything proceeds quickly with the house.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to DDIL! I hope your back feels better. I applied to a local university research program on lower back pain; I wasn't right for their study, but they gave me the contacts of two other studies going on.

@Cat in my lap Bon Voyage!

@richwmn Good news and enjoy the World!

@smitty34877 I hope you get the all-clear tomorrow to start exercising. Getting your gait back to normal will take some time, I'm sure.

Prayers for all in need and Cheers to those with something to Celebrate!

Stay well everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

I am an introvert, get way too much spam and will pass on the flagpole.  The quote is uplifting but I don;t think true.   I have not been to Port Lincoln and will pass on the pot pie.  My alternative is Chilled Anjou Pear Soup, Parmesan Crusted Turkey Tenderloin and Tiramisu as served on MS Ryndam January 2, 2015.

Today’s care list:

Rest In Peace Pope Benedict internment 5 Jan
RIP Barbara Walters 12/30
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days
ger_77 suddenly losing 3 friends
Safe return for cunnorl
Cruisin Terri still waiting on furniture movers
lindaler still living out of carryon
Seasick Sailor’s friends with covid and Allen with bad cold
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday Sam

Happy Birthday StLouisCruisers DDIL
Some relief for Seasick Sailor finger
Welcome home (sort of)  Cruisin Terri after a restful cruise
Rich cleared for World Cruise
2 days for ger_77 (Rotterdam 1/4 to 1/25)
1 day for Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam 1/3 to 5/12)
cunnorl in Sydney
crystalspin, Copper10-8,Vict0riann, Kazu, Av8rix, crystalspin, Copper10-8, Vict0riann, sailingdutchty (1/31)  (Koningsdam  to 1/7), Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam  to 1/25),  indaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and garlictown (1/3), Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Good morning from a very overcast and windy central Texas.  Our chances of rain today have dropped drastically, with most of the rain and severe weather east of us.  Something I'm never seen in a forecast was, "There is a marginal chance of severe weather today".  We're supposed to be in the 70sF today, then mainly in the 60s with a couple of 50s and a 70s the next ten days.  Right now it's 69F.

Today looks like a good day to stay inside and see what paperwork I can safely throw away.  I'll also finish putting the Christmas decorations away.

Stopping spam has been an ongoing effort for years, and I wish we could stop it.  I remember the phrase about running it up the flagpole from my youth.  I am somewhat of an introvert, but one who likes to talk to people if I'm comfortable with them.

I totally agree with today's quote.

Chicken pot pie looks good.  I like mine with a bottom and top crust.  @dfish  Debbie, I'll take your carrots.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice, and it's not expensive.

We have not been to Port Lincoln and are looking forward to seeing pictures of the port.

@mamaofami  Carol, please wish Sam a VERY HAPPY 87TH BIRTHDAY from both of us.

@dobiemom  I bet they don't cut any of the commercials from the rerun of the Rose Parade. 😉 🤣

@ottahand7  Nancy, great news you passed your covid tests yesterday.   Hope you have a great day on HMC.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, now that the holidays are behind us (except today), I hope the work on the house will resume and you're back home soon.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish for your DDIL.  Hope your DD has an easy day at school today.

@Cat in my lap  🎈 🛳️ BON VOYAGE! 🥂 🍾 and safe travels to Ft. Lauderdale.

@richwmn  Congratulations on the negative test, Rich.

@smitty34877  Terri, wishing you a good doctor's visit tomorrow, and I know you'll do the work to correct your gait.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

International Stop Spam Day. This makes me very mad. No one’s going to stop me from eating Spam. It’s one of four basic food groups right behind hot dogs, sausage, peanuts and pickles.

A while ago I saw "reduced salt" Spam in the supermarket. This seemed to be entirely contrary to the concept of Spam. Shouldn't they have introduced extra-salt Spam?

The four basic food groups, however, are sugar, fat, salt, and preservatives.

I have the misfortune of being a gregarious introvert: I like being with and talking with people, but it wears me out and I need a longer time alone to recuperate.

Sokol Blosser Evolution Pinot Noir was the wine on October 7. I think that I mentioned having worked with one of the owners ca. 1980.

Acupuncture this afternoon, changed from Wednesday because of a funeral right before my original appointment.

1817770209_Paleozoicchecks.thumb.jpg.289af263d99644516c88e15428c5e893.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 6

I was just reading about a Viking Ocean ship that has been unable to dock at Australian ports for six days so far because of "biofoul": a suspected toxic organism on the hull. Australia now allows having it scraped off by divers; in the past, the ship would have been permanently denied docking in Australian ports until it had been to drydock.

I've been on one cruise that couldn't dock at Bermuda for two consecutive days (and Bermuda was the only port), and on others that missed ports, and there is always some restlessness among the passengers, but also some degree of understanding, especially when it's a safety issue. On the Bermuda Triangle cruise, almost everyone had the beverage package, which allowed for self-medication, sometimes too much. It must be much worse at six days, and on a premium line where passengers have paid more and have higher expectations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/02/world/australia/biofoul-cruise-ship.html

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I had a car appointment this morning for state inspection and maintenance.  The inspection system was done but it would have passed, I’ll have to return another day to get my sticker.  Today we will have a roast chicken since they were on sale this weekend.  No other plans for the day unless DH has something up his sleeve.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 18

Good morning all!

We have a lovely day here, currently 49degrees. I’m hoping the horse trails have dried enough for a ride today. Rain is supposed to resume tonight. Loving it.

I would love to celebrate a spam free day, but I awoke to 25 in my filter. The past week and a half I have been the recipient of an enormous “attack” on my EarthLink account. I got over 500 in the course of less than an hour last week, and the same on another day this week. A call to CS didn’t solve the problem (someone has obviously broadcast my email address) and it’s already set to the highest whitelist only setting. One spam email purportedly from Apple was accompanied by almost simultaneous calls to my 2 phone numbers. I’m now preparing to part ways with EarthLink.

Todays meal is a family favorite, and always reminds me of my grandmother. Hoping to be able to try the wine.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

Another sunny day here, then snow (!) tomorrow and rain the rest of the week.  

I'm all for stopping spam, it seems to be getting worse all the time.  I'm very, very cautious about giving out my email address or phone number.  Strange, but 99% of the spam emails I get (and I don't get a lot) are all in German!  I speak no German.  With DH's help (he took German in school) I was able to find the "remove me from your mailing list" at the end of one of them. But most of them don't include that.  I'm so curious why all the German spam??  My other rant is about a group on another site.  It's cruising-related.  The moderator apparently doesn't believe in/want to take the trouble to require approval of posts before they're posted.  Instead he wants the group to report spam to him....HA!  By the time he gets them, dozens of poor unsuspecting people have fallen yet again for these scammers. They never learn.   The only other group I'm in requires post approval from the moderators and we get NO spam. It's enough to make me want to leave the group -- that and so much misinformation -- CC is so much better.   Rant over, sorry!

We love chicken pot pie but I'm kind of fussy about it.  I only use home-made pie crust (top and bottom).  The rest I do the easy way, I supplement frozen mixed vegetables with some fresh onion, celery, and anything else on hand, and use gravy previously made supplemented by Heinz gravy.  

Will pass on the drink and wine, and yay another port we'll go to on the Grand Australia (we leave one year from today for San Diego)!!  "Only" one year away LOL.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersHappy Birthday to your DDIL!

Carol @mamaofamiHappy Birthday to your DH Sam!

• Like 17

😎Enjoying Half Moon Cay along with the passengers from the Volendam...🤪a bit crowded here, however!

😉The New Year's Party was fun on the Zuiderdam with live music, dancing and champagne.🥂 The fun started at 10:30 p.m. and we actually lasted past midnight.🙃

😊Happy 2023 from Katie, Dennis and Aunt Viviane from Belgium.

20230101_001559.jpg

• Like 27

I wrote a long post but must have said something questionable because it's being held up....I think I know what word it was, and the silly thing is it had nothing to do with this site.  So waiting to see what happens to it.  Guess I'm starting the year off naughty.  🤣

• Like 8
  • Haha 14

Good morning!  I got caught up reading some World Cruise blogs. Some of them can take you down a wormhole. Craig told me that I don’t have to read them since we’ll never go on one. I told him that they are interesting. He’d rather read a novel. 

Stop spam. Wish we could. I got a spam text overnight. I hate those more than email spam. 

Chicken pot pie is a favorite. I make mine from scratch but use store bought pie crust. I do prefer mini pies vs a casserole because you get more crust. I buy the small mini pie size disposable tins to make them and they freeze really well, I just add the crust when I bake them. 

Happy Birthday to @mamaofami’s DH Sam and to Sandi’s @StLouisCruisers DDIL. 🎈🎈🎈

Rich @richwmn fingers crossed that you don’t get a call back about your covid test. Enjoy Half Moon Cay. It’ll be an interesting turnaround day for you tomorrow with all that luggage being brought onboard. I can’t imagine what the hallways will look like. And where do they store their luggage?  No way it will all fit under the bed. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21

34 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I wrote a long post but must have said something questionable because it's being held up....I think I know what word it was, and the silly thing is it had nothing to do with this site.  So waiting to see what happens to it.  Guess I'm starting the year off naughty.  🤣

And not a word was changed.  Whew 😅

• Like 12