Open letter to Christine Duffy!

pzsdd6

13 hours ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I'm not complaining. As I said most of what i wrote is based on what people are saying. 

There was a post where several people said their stewards weren't changing the water cabin to cabin and it was visibly dirty. And others saying drinks are watered down.

As far as twice a day service pre2020 Carnival kept saying they have twice a day service but once onboard the stews would ask guests if they want or ing or night. That's a fact, happened to me personally on 3 cruises. 

Finally, if you don't like a post move on. 

Did I say I did not like your post? What is the fun in jsut moving on?  Interaction is what makes this place rock.  The 2 times a day room service is a dead horse.  We can continue to beat the dead horse if we want…or not.  All that said, tips and whether you or I pay them or pull them have ZERO to do with how many times a day a room gets made, the tip for ALL of the RS service.  A RS asking (pre or post covid) is them asking, nothing more nothing less.  MOST are fine with it, some are not,  Period.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Careful Tom, @BlerkOne will probably report that post! 😁

You should at least post the free Suite offers I know you got!

I still have a few I have not used, and probably won't (have to use them by 2/28). I've already cherry picked a couple of the better offers which, in addition to the suite, included $1,000 and $2,000 OBC. It's not all really "FREE" though, as in each case I upgraded from the base Ocean Suite --- still, a fantastic deal.

(Sorry Blerk.... they offered, and I graciously accepted). 🙂

Tom

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I still have a few I have not used, and probably won't (have to use them by 2/28). I've already cherry picked a couple of the better offers which, in addition to the suite, included $1,000 and $2,000 OBC. It's not all really "FREE" though, as in each case I upgraded from the base Ocean Suite --- still, a fantastic deal.

(Sorry Blerk.... they offered, and I graciously accepted). 🙂

Tom

I have also been picking through the offers we have. I haven't used the suite offers yet because the dates, ships or itinerary just don't line up with what we like. So far we have had better luck with the balcony offers. If flights weren't so ridiculous I would have more cruises lined up instead of only 2.

21 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's the good (and possibly BAD) thing about living in central Florida ! !

Tom

I don't see how they'd be able to keep me off a ship if I lived in Florida. I'd be on some kind of ship every other week at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I don't see how they'd be able to keep me off a ship if I lived in Florida. I'd be on some kind of ship every other week at least.

I still have to squeeze in just a little bit of work !

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since I don’t care about any of the cut backs so far, it’s all good. They need to just keep my desires in mind. 

It does crack me up about the two vs one cabin service per day. As long as there are enough towels, why do people need two services? You really spending that much time in your cabins?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Since I don’t care about any of the cut backs so far, it’s all good. They need to just keep my desires in mind. 

It does crack me up about the two vs one cabin service per day. As long as there are enough towels, why do people need two services? You really spending that much time in your cabins?

Since when is a cruise vacation about one's needs?

• Thanks 1

On Carnival, we'll always go with the evening cabin service. There's sometimes we (well, at least one of us) don't get out of the cabin until nearly noon anyway. It's nice coming back from a show in the evening and finding everything all tidied up. I'll usually at least get fresh ice for our Yeti in the late morning/early afternoon. I find the ice buckets they offer basically useless. They were small enough before, and now they're laughable !  🙂

Tom

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

A majority of the posts on CC including this one centers around one person and their lack of needs being met or their perception of cutbacks that affect them. 

I don't think anyone is saying their needs are unmet. More their expectations are not being met, because we know what Carnival is capable of and the product they are selling today is not their best.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

...It does crack me up about the two vs one cabin service per day. As long as there are enough towels, why do people need two services? You really spending that much time in your cabins?

We are not happy with the "Stateroom Attendant" (they no longer have Stewards, just maids) situation  but it has nothing to do with once a day or twice a day. It is them trying to force us onto their schedule, and it keeps getting worse.

We sail mostly on the Glory. Our sailing season is September to April and we did three cruises thru April of last year and so far have done three since September of last year. Starting in September we are no longer offered evening service. It is "I clean between x (with x being some obscene early time) to noon. What time would you like me to come?"

So far we have done fine with saying anytime after 10 and putting the snooze sign out to cover the few times we are not out by 10. But we resent them trying to put us on a schedule for their convenience. They are now little different than motel maid service, but motel maids don't try to dictate your schedule.

So, do we like it? No. Is it a big deal? Not at this point - just a minor irritation. But it does make the gratuities game even more absurd. Do you tip the maids at the motel? Before the attack dogs come, we prepay the cruise gratuities and consider it part of the cruise price. The gratuities are just Carnival itemizing employee pay but they don't include it in their cruise price to keep the advertised cruise price down. We are not going to hurt the crew because Carnival chooses to play games. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, icft said:

We are not happy with the "Stateroom Attendant" (they no longer have Stewards, just maids) situation  but it has nothing to do with once a day or twice a day. It is them trying to force us onto their schedule, and it keeps getting worse.

We sail mostly on the Glory. Our sailing season is September to April and we did three cruises thru April of last year and so far have done three since September of last year. Starting in September we are no longer offered evening service. It is "I clean between x (with x being some obscene early time) to noon. What time would you like me to come?"

So far we have done fine with saying anytime after 10 and putting the snooze sign out to cover the few times we are not out by 10. But we resent them trying to put us on a schedule for their convenience. They are now little different than motel maid service, but motel maids don't try to dictate your schedule.

So, do we like it? No. Is it a big deal? Not at this point - just a minor irritation. But it does make the gratuities game even more absurd. Do you tip the maids at the motel? Before the attack dogs come, we prepay the cruise gratuities and consider it part of the cruise price. The gratuities are just Carnival itemizing employee pay but they don't include it in their cruise price to keep the advertised cruise price down. We are not going to hurt the crew because Carnival chooses to play games. 

I hear ya and understand where you are coming from, but this is a tough crowd.  

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 12:26 PM, mz-s said:

They cut chicken thighs into three pieces and fill the chafing tray up with rice at the buffet. Bacon crisis. Once a day cabin service. Overall crew reduction - every room steward I've had since the restart has commented on how many rooms he's assigned for example. Reduced hours for deli and pizza. No more late night snacks buffet. No included room service except dry danishes and coffee. The once nice seaday brunch menu has been cut back to a half sheet of paper and hours cut dramatically. It's just not a special vacation anymore.

"They cut chicken thighs into three pieces."

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 2.16.45 PM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

I'm just wondering if Ms. Duffy has responded to the OP yet? 🤔

Nope……..and realistically never thought I would. As long as she’s getting her millions in salary that’s all she really cares about. When Carnival starts floundering a bit more, I expect her to leave just as the others before her. My only hope is that on the way out she takes John Heald with her!

4 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

Towels and ice and we're good. Patti always straightened the cabin up so it doesn't look sloppy when the steward comes in! 😁

3 hours ago, icft said:

We sail mostly on the Glory. Our sailing season is September to April and we did three cruises thru April of last year and so far have done three since September of last year. Startingsame in September we are no longer offered evening service. It is "I clean between x (with x being some obscene early time) to noon. What time would you like me to come?"

Same here on Splendor in October. I sometimes sleep in so prefer PM service.  I thought Carnival still offered the choice of AM or PM but the steward said the same thing, "I clean between x and noon."  I asked if I could have PM service and he said yes, between 5 and 7.  I tried that but it didn't work because I'm a later eater and am usually cleaning up for dinner at 7, and I basically had to vacate the room from 5 to 7 because he tended to not get to my room until close to 7.

I finally had enough and told him just to clean in the morning and not to bother if the DND sign was still up when he finished his morning shift.

Edited by DallasGuy75219