Jewel Of The Seas

34 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I had it most every day on jewel in December. I liked it very much. I mostly got a latte or cappuccino with nothing extra.   They did a great job, the coffee was smooth, and hot.

The baristas seem to remember everyone’s coffee choices 

m

They pretty much have Laura's ready when she walks up at 6am

Coffee machine in DL still broke

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you still good with spending all those days on the world cruise on that class of ship?

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Panini station was in the center. There was only one specific sandwich they were making each day. Some of them were delicious, likely because it was so fresh and hot. 
m

Same set up on recent Serenade.   Some days the featured sandwich was really good...some...meh.  

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No, headed back to Atlanta. Next up is Serenade

Ah...we did a switcheroo!   We just finished B2B Serenade, now on to take your place on Jewel on Friday, then B3B on Voyager a week later, then back onto Jewel B2B with just 4 days in between.  (And will be back to T#5 on that one). 

I remember you describing the parking at T#6...didn't you mention you were directed to the large surface lot behind the garage...and were able to prepay?  Assuming the garage was already filled with Carnival pax vehicles...which I am guessing will be the case on Friday.  Oh well, no different than Tampa I guess.  

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pinnies non suite not allowed in CL?   We did not have access on Serenade either...was over the threshold of 30 for both weeks.  The coffee machine on that ship was down a few times, and almost always out of milk for my Latte.  😞 

30 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Are you still good with spending all those days on the world cruise on that class of ship?

We just recently spent two weeks on little Serenade as a "test run".   Also were able to inspect our two cabins for the two separate legs for WC.  Detested the first one (assigned to us by NC on Odyssey)...but was quickly able to call GS and change it out.  The second leg cabin was good.  

Since we are "single leggers"...had no opportunity to book a suite...not even a JS.  Soooo  we spent two weeks in a regular balcony last month to get used to the layout for WC.  It ended up being just fine...and we got used to it.  We will survive.  🙂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

We just recently spent two weeks on little Serenade as a "test run".   Also were able to inspect our two cabins for the two separate legs for WC.  Detested the first one (assigned to us by NC on Odyssey)...but was quickly able to call GS and change it out.  The second leg cabin was good.  

Since we are "single leggers"...had no opportunity to book a suite...not even a JS.  Soooo  we spent two weeks in a regular balcony last month to get used to the layout for WC.  It ended up being just fine...and we got used to it.  We will survive.  🙂 

What was wrong with the first cabin that you switched out? Location? Deck 7 lifeboats covers?

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...broke since September?  Yikes.   Are they giving out Latitudes gift vouchers?  

On Jewel?  No, we were on from 10/4 - 11/6 and the DL coffee machine was working fine.  Sometimes it was in the “cleaning” cycle when we attempted to use it very early in the morning, but otherwise, it was great!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

On Jewel?  No, we were on from 10/4 - 11/6 and the DL coffee machine was working fine.  Sometimes it was in the “cleaning” cycle when we attempted to use it very early in the morning, but otherwise, it was great!

Thanks!  Hoping to use it for my usual early morning coffee run by Saturday morning.  🙂 

Glad to hear from some whom have sailed recently on the Jewel and that she is clean and in good shape.  We don't really like sailing on ships that old - but going with a group in a few weeks (including some that have never cruised) - so hoping the Jewel doesn't disappoint.  I've never really met a ship I didn't like - but do prefer some over others.  😉

3 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Yes on Jewel. We were on from the 9th September for 10 nights. We could use our seapass cards to get coffees in the Windjammer or coffee shop - better coffee to be fair

2 hours ago, DeBo12RR said:

Glad to hear from some whom have sailed recently on the Jewel and that she is clean and in good shape.  We don't really like sailing on ships that old - but going with a group in a few weeks (including some that have never cruised) - so hoping the Jewel doesn't disappoint.  I've never really met a ship I didn't like - but do prefer some over others.  😉

We just got off 12/31. It was clean, but could definitely use some freshening up. The sofa in our room was quite ratty, to be honest. We thought the food in the WJ was a little better than the MDR. At least the few times we went to the MDR. Giovanni's was okay, but not sure it was worth $106 for two people who drank water. We had a great trip though. We always do. Just pointing out a couple of things I noticed.  🙂

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Pinnies non suite not allowed in CL?   We did not have access on Serenade either...was over the threshold of 30 for both weeks.  The coffee machine on that ship was down a few times, and almost always out of milk for my Latte.  😞 

39 Pins onboard. We have CL access. Laura just likes her coconut latte

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Lack of available suites really had nothing to do with being a segment cruiser. They pretty much sold out immediately 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Yes on Jewel. We were on from the 9th September for 10 nights. We could use our seapass cards to get coffees in the Windjammer or coffee shop - better coffee to be fair

Laura is using one of her 6 vouchers everyday to get hers. No idea if Diamond guests are getting any additional vouchers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura is using one of her 6 vouchers everyday to get hers. No idea if Diamond guests are getting any additional vouchers

Interesting you have Pinnie non suite access to SL with 39 on board.  I was bummed at the 30 threshold on Serenade...though I would only use the CL for coffee if it was available to us anyway (especially with the coffee machine being unreliable in the DL).   

I also liked running into the DL for a double shot espresso to bring to our bartender in the VCL to make espresso martinis for me at happy hour.  😄 

Wonder how many of us will be on this coming Friday.  I know of four of them.  😉