Club Balcony Suite

trbarton

1 minute ago, trbarton said:

Anyone stayed in an Club Balcony Suite & if so what did you think?  I’m considering making a bid for one on the Getaway.

Tom😀

From a room perspective, the only difference between a balcony and club balcony is a bigger bathroom. You get a double sink (that only one person can stand in front of) and a full size shower. We actually book the club balcony for the shower. As we have gotten older and less mobile, the larger shower helps. 

You also get a few perks

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper

Loved my Club Balcony on Bliss and have booked one on the Pearl in July.  The shower was fantastic but other than that, I didn't see anything special about the cabin itself.

The "treats" were nice but not a big deal.  The laundry perk worked out very well for me.  I timed it so that most of my clothes came home clean!  That sure made coming home a little less depressing.

• Like 2

Just got back from Escape Christmas Cruise. Agree with above  lil bigger. Shower nice. Never ate the treats or drank the champagne. You will notice they cater to Haven guests.

Have not cruised for 5 or 6 years. Really went down hill as far as service and food quality. 

Make reservations! If you have to tender make reservation asap. 

vivalv66

well, anyone booking a haven suite, is paying significantly more than those in a club balcony, so the perks are always substantially better. our above-named cruise to alaska was comped so i really couldnt complain regardless of the service or the cabin.  fortunately, they were both  top notch. we enjoyed the observation lounge, and right outside the buffet an a daily basis, was one of the nicest staff members we have ever met on any of our ncl cruises(22 in all). THIs gentle man was the buffet greater, and he was always smiling and singing. i had to comment that i have never met anyone that took so much pride and  joy in his job. i nominated him for hero status.  we used our free dining coupons, ate a few meals in the buffet and mdr's,

and since we had been to alaska previously, we just got off the ship at sitka and wandered around the dock area, and took the whale watching excursion in ketchikan.

i have posted previously that the mere joy of cruising, sitting on our balcony with my kindle and a cold beer in and of itself does it for me.weare booked on the dawn b2b july 27 thru aug 15. london to copenhagen continuing copenhagen to stockholm. the fare for a suite was cost prohibitive, so we booked the club balcony once again. 

since this is an itinerary i want to take, i'll  be more than happy in  the club balcony.  i guess i can give up the butler and the dedicated restaurant to save a few thousand dollars

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

Our Club Balcony on the Getaway had a Tub in the bathroom, rather have had the bigger shower as in the past, getting in / out of the tub with bad knees was a little challenging.

Thanks!  I’ve seen a bathtub is come photos. I cruised once before & with a bathtub & didn’t think about the hight & banged my foot as the tub is higher so no water will come out. A lesson learned. 

Tom😀

I will mention Cabin 12184 had a very disappointing Balcony, barely room for the 2 chairs and small table....almost elbow to elbow from slider to railing, and the cabin seemed smaller than what we had on the Escape (Breakaway Plus Class).

Edited by Beer Belly
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

What is the size of the balcony on the club balcony suites? Particularly on getaway and breakaway. I have been under impression the very large balconies are on deck 8. Is all others the same size?

Yes, the LARGE balconies are on deck 8. The balconies on other decks can vary by location/deck. 

Note: I have seen multiple posts that list deck 8 balconies at approximately 9' x 12'.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added note

I love the large shower and robes/slippers. That's worth about $50 more/pp to me. The exception is the deck 8 CBS with large balconies on the newer ships. I adore the giant balconies and those are worth about $100-150/pp more to me if it's not a port-intensive cruise and I'll be spending more time on board.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SoBe2010 said:

I was more curious what's meant with a f&b Delivery twice a week...

We have never been given a choice of what is delivered.  They send you something like a plate of chocolates or cookies twice during your cruise.    

• Like 2

Anyone can confirm if robes are provided in Spa Balcony Suite, category M9  on the Bliss?? travelling with 2 other couples, first time in a long time outside of Haven, urggh.  Having friends onboard will make up for the upscale treatment  (I hope)  ha ah 

Check the location of each club balcony suite (formally known as mini suites). If you bid on one for an upgrade you have no choice in location. Our upgrade room was on deck 15 of the Bliss. The good was that we were five doors down from the Observation Lounge. The bad - we were under the pool deck band stand. We heard all the pool parties - though we joined most of them. They did end around 11:30. Around 6 am the crew will lid be sliding tables and chairs around, so it was a little noisy. We did like the room and the free bag of laundry half way through the 15 day cruise.

10 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Anyone can confirm if robes are provided in Spa Balcony Suite, category M9  on the Bliss?? travelling with 2 other couples, first time in a long time outside of Haven, urggh.  Having friends onboard will make up for the upscale treatment  (I hope)  ha ah 

If they're not provided in the room, you could get one from the thermal suite. Blah blah people will tell you you can't take these out of the suite. I never had an issue - they're a wee bit larger than Haven robes which means they actually almost cover the entire mountain of fat on my belly. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah,,, it depends on the Spa. On our last cruise, when you went to pick up your room key, they were asking people to go back to the lockerroom and return the robes before getting their key back. And the Haven robes are larger than the spa robes. 

I can't answer about different spas doing different things. I've never been asked/seen a sign on Getaway to return robe before leaving. 

As for Haven robes being larger. Not in my experience. I've tried putting them on and have at least a foot gap between cloth on the front. The cloth on the front actually touches on spa robes I've tried on. 

10 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Haven Robes are amazing!

They do feel amazing! I just wish they made fat people sizes....or, ya know, I could lose my weight (but that requires work). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah,,, it depends on the Spa. On our last cruise, when you went to pick up your room key, they were asking people to go back to the lockerroom and return the robes before getting their key back. And the Haven robes are larger than the spa robes. 

This makes me sad, as the Haven robes we pretty small, even for a One Size Fits None robe.  Wonder if the different lines order different spa robes?  On Princess, the Lotus Spa robes were much, much bigger that the regular or suite robes (our room steward snuck us a pair).  We liked them so much my wife kept hers (we offered to buy but they said no). As @cruiseny4life pointed out, even the Princess Lotus Spa robes closed over my rather large frame.  I stupidly didn't try out the Mandara Spa robes as we chose not to get any spa treatments on this last cruise due to the massive price increases.