Looking for someone currently on Edge (1/3/23) that can confirm/deny scaled back dinner buffet??

BermudaBound2014

A quick solution to all of this....

A quite large group (15+) passengers order room service to be delivered to The OVC....

Can you imagine the consternation and confusion when we ask them to deliver it there...

It would be worth the fee to me... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, prmssk said:

so there is at least a reduction in offerings on this particular sailing. 

A reduction on that particular night, without any conditions that might have warranted it---late port night, chic night, yada yada.  There are variables that could affect the availability of stations in OVC on a given day--- we only seem to have a limited snapshot of 1 evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jwlane said:

A reduction on that particular night, without any conditions that might have warranted it---late port night, chic night, yada yada.  There are variables that could affect the availability of stations in OVC on a given day--- we only seem to have a limited snapshot of 1 evening.

I agree that the evidence is still somewhat weak, but we have more than 1 snapshot. There are photos on other social media sites plus testimony from at least a dozen people stating that the only things offered on the dinner buffet are salad, dessert, and pizza (plus maybe pasta and stir fry). 

9 minutes ago, jwlane said:

That is true.  I believe I read that this was on Chic night and the commenter said the cruise is only about 75% full based on double occupancy both of which could affect OV offerings.

17 hours ago, mari10 said:

I hope it’s still on the menu for u. 
Looking at the app for Cyprus on our Beyond cruise in two weeks there is no sea bass insight. Hopefully once onboard the menu will be updated. 

Unfortunately, no more sea bass in Cyprus.  We were on Beyond in December.  It was my favorite as well…😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Unfortunately, no more sea bass in Cyprus.  We were on Beyond in December.  It was my favorite as well…😢

I love sea bass, halibut, trout...please, no more extra duck offerings!  Beyond is what I have booked for Apr/May, so it will be interesting to see what Celebrity looks like then. I will check it all out onboard.  I hope they do not do away with the egg station or almond croissants, not to mention dinner availability in OVC, but time will tell.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

No more sea bass ever or was it just not available on that cruise?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The scale back of the dinner in OV is across all of The Celebrity line as of January 1, 2023. We are currently on the Silhouette and this was confirmed by our waiter. Dinner will be limited to pizza, pasta, salad bar, a few desserts. We did see one Indian dish, fried chicken, and a vegetable medley. We had a late spa appointment so we thought we would have a casual dinner in OV afterwards.  It was disappointing since we had pizza for lunch and had hope the stir fry or carving station would be available. A quick clothing change had to made so we could have dinner in the dining room. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, leia01 said:

The scale back of the dinner in OV is across all of The Celebrity line as of January 1, 2023.

Happy New Year

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

No more sea bass ever or was it just not available on that cruise?

I see menu change from Edge this summer so...

It could be a supply/cost issue with sea bass, but I can't imagine it's more than beef tenderloin (and en croute is far more labor intensive than grilled sea bass...)

59 minutes ago, leia01 said:

The scale back of the dinner in OV is across all of The Celebrity line as of January 1, 2023. We are currently on the Silhouette and this was confirmed by our waiter. Dinner will be limited to pizza, pasta, salad bar, a few desserts. We did see one Indian dish, fried chicken, and a vegetable medley. We had a late spa appointment so we thought we would have a casual dinner in OV afterwards.  It was disappointing since we had pizza for lunch and had hope the stir fry or carving station would be available. A quick clothing change had to made so we could have dinner in the dining room. 

Thanks for taking the time to post this info. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leia01 said:

You are likely correct but I do wish one of the travel agents on these boards who deal with Celebrity can get a direct confirmation on the Jan 1 changes.  And explain if they are permanent or are just temporary due to limited staff.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

You are likely correct but I do wish one of the travel agents on these boards who deal with Celebrity can get a direct confirmation on the Jan 1 changes.  And explain if they are permanent or are just temporary due to limited staff.

And how many here will believe the poster is a TA...lol. And besides, it would probably violate some CC rule...and I doubt a TA would post something about Celebrity policy on this forum...they might tell you on a phone call, but not here...

But I could be wrong 😀

1 hour ago, leia01 said:

So is the main dining room more crowded?  Do they still offer something in the OV until 1AM?

1 hour ago, leia01 said:

Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to post, much appreciated. 

Wishing you happy sailing 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

So is the main dining room more crowded?  

This couple ended up in the main dining room due to the limited choices at the buffet. They even took the time to go change clothes (others undoubtably won't).

I can't see how the main dining room isn't going to be more crowded. I know this is just one example, but.....

Edited by BermudaBound2014

3 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

And how many here will believe the poster is a TA...lol. And besides, it would probably violate some CC rule...and I doubt a TA would post something about Celebrity policy on this forum...they might tell you on a phone call, but not here...

But I could be wrong 😀

There are certain well known posters here who are frequently on Celebity TA calls and report information here.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I do wish one of the travel agents on these boards who deal with Celebrity can get a direct confirmation on the Jan 1 changes.  And explain if they are permanent or are just temporary due to limited staff.

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

There are certain well known posters here who are frequently on Celebity TA calls and report information here.

I know that. But you gave me the impression you meant an actual TA. (from the above quote...)

Sorry I misunderstood you...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leia01 said:

Thank you for posting this. I will not pull the trigger on the Celebrity cruise I was going to book until I came across this thread. Very limited dinner buffet is a deal breaker.  I'm sure they won't miss me.

Scaling back the dinner buffet seems like it could work for certain evenings, but maybe not all.  Hopefully it is still fully available at lunchtime. It kind of sounds like Celebrity, like many cruise lines are aiming for more Eco-friendly, more "going green", cutting back on waste and cutting back on extra staff and supplies to save $, as well as to probably attract a younger, trendy cruise passenger.  Change Happens.  Maybe it is necessary, but so many little things are starting to take away from the "amazed and luxury awe" experience of cruising. 

So far, it doesn't cause issues for my style of cruises, but it definitely bothers and effects the vacation enjoyment of some people. After the dust settles with so many changes, then I'll see if future cruises beyond this season are good for me.  I still don't find the land based experiences quite as exciting and adventurous as cruises, dinner buffet or not.  

It'll be a couple of months before I am on the Edge, it'll be interesting to see how it is going for the buffet. 

Lately we pay more to get less, and it seems like my options are to be happy about it, or just don't cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

So is the main dining room more crowded?  Do they still offer something in the OV until 1AM?

10pm-1am pizza. pasta, and limited desserts are available.  We are dining in Luminae and it wasn’t crowded at 8:30pm. The Grand Cuvée, main dining room, did have a line and several guests with pagers waiting for a table. 

Edited by leia01

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Thank you for posting this. I will not pull the trigger on the Celebrity cruise I was going to book until I came across this thread. Very limited dinner buffet is a deal breaker.  I'm sure they won't miss me.

We have been pleased with the food on Silhouette in both Luminae and OV for breakfast and lunch. Tonight we just checked out the OV to see what was available and again the options were limited. Salad, Dai, stir fry, curry, beef stew, rice, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, and carrots, pizza, pasta, cheeses and an assortment of breads and fruit were available. A soup option was also available.  No carving stations or create your own stir fry stations were open. There was also no fish or grilled items. Everything looked and smelled delicious but it was just not what we wanted. Celebrity cruises have been a favorite of ours. 

• Thanks 2