No more discount on internet for Platinum and Elite?

chubbypiggy

Just went to the app to check if able to purchase Medallion net for my April cruise for 27 days. Then saw the message below. Without the discount, I will need to pay $40/day for the 4-device plan?  Wow, that is $1,080. With the old pricing and the Elite discount, I would have to pay only $270, that is a big increase.7259B62D-A728-42F1-BDC1-FFB762F85A62.thumb.jpeg.8b7a767fed5dc8a515789c69a74705e4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Might be more that they still making the purchase process available on the App after roll out.  Considering that yesterday one would get the message that no plans were available.

Today they are starting to show up, but not total complete yet (mins shows plans for April but no pricing).

Will probably show up correctly in a day or two.  Princess also seems to be having some issues with its web site so it might be related.

Do you actually need 4 devices or do you just need 2.  If so it is cheaper to buy two single plans than 1 4 device plans under new pricing.  $15 per day with discount rather than the $20 per day.

If you have to buy before they get the conversions to the new prices fully in place you can certainly get the discounts by calling.

Edited by ldtr

5 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Might be more that they still making the purchase process available on the App after roll out.  Considering that yesterday one would get the message that no plans were available.

Today they are starting to show up, but not total complete yet (mins shows plans for April but no pricing).

Will probably show up correctly in a day or two.

Do you actually need 4 devices or do you just need 2.  If so it is cheaper to buy two single plans than 1 4 device plans under new pricing.  $15 per day with discount rather than the $20 per day.

If you have to buy before they get the conversions to the new prices fully in place you can certainly get the discounts by calling.

I need 1 device and my sister needs 2 devices.  We considered each getting 1 device for $7.50/day (after Elite discount, if any), then that totals to $15, a saving of $5/day over the 4-device plan.  If my sister only buys the 1 device, she will need to keep switching back and forth for her 2 devices.  We decided for $5/day more, it saves the hassle of switching back and forth.  So decided to buy the 4 device plan.  

6 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I need 1 device and my sister needs 2 devices.  We considered each getting 1 device for $7.50/day (after Elite discount, if any), then that totals to $15, a saving of $5/day over the 4-device plan.  If my sister only buys the 1 device, she will need to keep switching back and forth for her 2 devices.  We decided for $5/day more, it saves the hassle of switching back and forth.  So decided to buy the 4 device plan.  

I use 3 different devices and my wife uses one, but will still go with two plans because I only actually use 1 at any given time (My cell phone, An old cell phone that I only use for wifi and as an e-book reader around the ship, and a tablet).  Takes about 10 seconds to switch the account to another device.  for 27 days it is $135  so that $5 per day adds up.  In my case we have 92 days booked so it becomes $460.  For that I can switch when I pick up another device.  

10 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I use 3 different devices and my wife uses one, but will still go with two plans because I only actually use 1 at any given time (My cell phone, An old cell phone that I only use for wifi and as an e-book reader around the ship, and a tablet).  Takes about 10 seconds to switch the account to another device.  for 27 days it is $135  so that $5 per day adds up.  In my case we have 92 days booked so it becomes $460.  For that I can switch when I pick up another device.  

I will suggest that choice to her.  Thanks for the suggestion.

25 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I will suggest that choice to her.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Don’t buy it yet.  We escalated the issue of “no plans currently available” today, remember?  So, they are working on the issue.  I’m impressed that they got it back on today.  However, now they need to get the discount back in there.

Give it a couple of days.  You have the address that I gave you to tell IT to restore the Loyalty discount back on the App.  But, give it till Friday morning.

If they don’t fix it your CVP could purchase it for you with your discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is just another instance of rolling out *untested* software...whether it be on the App or the website.  They just don't seem to get the concept of having a *working* update available and THEN flipping the switch.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Just went to the app to check if able to purchase Medallion net for my April cruise for 27 days. Then saw the message below. Without the discount, I will need to pay $40/day for the 4-device plan?  Wow, that is $1,080. With the old pricing and the Elite discount, I would have to pay only $270, that is a big increase.7259B62D-A728-42F1-BDC1-FFB762F85A62.thumb.jpeg.8b7a767fed5dc8a515789c69a74705e4.jpeg

@chubbypiggy just heard from the IT person again and he said, keep checking they are working on it now.

I reported the missing 50% discount on the App.  
Insane!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is just another instance of rolling out *untested* software...whether it be on the App or the website.  They just don't seem to get the concept of having a *working* update available and THEN flipping the switch.

Well if everything was done perfectly the folks here on CC would have little to post about.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The fact that it is showing 0% discount pretty well proves that they are still working on it...why in the world would they want to *infuriate* customers with a message like that?

If they can't get the system to post a correct message, they shouldn't post any message at all.  😊

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Don’t buy it yet.  We escalated the issue of “no plans currently available” today, remember?  So, they are working on the issue.  I’m impressed that they got it back on today.  However, now they need to get the discount back in there.

Give it a couple of days.  You have the address that I gave you to tell IT to restore the Loyalty discount back on the App.  But, give it till Friday morning.

If they don’t fix it your CVP could purchase it for you with your discount.

Thank you.

20 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thanks, I went to see my booking for 2024 and got the same message.  Made me think that maybe a glich or the future of elites losing more benefits.

we will see.

pac—-/ has said there are numerous threads on this topic.

I appreciate your posting it.

1-800-774-6237 option 2 then option 1. Ignore if the prompt re: sailing after September 2022 (obviously you are). You can leave a request to be called back and not lose your spot in the queue 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

Logged in tonight and all is well—-

elite discount message has been corrected in app:::50% off

my cruise is 16 days March 2024

4 device is.  $432 CAD

1 devise is. $162 CAD

when I log in the full amount shows not the discount, do I have to go one more step and select buy before the discount shows or is it suppose to show at the price showing?

17 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

when I log in the full amount shows not the discount, do I have to go one more step and select buy before the discount shows or is it suppose to show at the price showing?

The discounted price should show immediately when you access Medallion Net.  Make sure your app updated in the last 2-3 days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, racj846 said:

The discounted price should show immediately when you access Medallion Net.  Make sure your app updated in the last 2-3 days.

I have updated. I think the problem is we are elite (76 cruises)and the appl shows us as Blue.  I  told my travel agent and she said she will look into it.This has been wrong for a year and calling in the past has done nothing. We have had six cruises showing us as Blue so that never changes. I did order Medallions this evening and the order is correct showing Black.So the appl only recognizes some thing correctly for us.

27 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

I have updated. I think the problem is we are elite (76 cruises)and the appl shows us as Blue.  I  told my travel agent and she said she will look into it.This has been wrong for a year and calling in the past has done nothing. We have had six cruises showing us as Blue so that never changes. I did order Medallions this evening and the order is correct showing Black.So the appl only recognizes some thing correctly for us.

My app updated on the weekend. I use to be green, turned blue, now back to green.

full price shows faintly and is stroked out.  The prices I posted are at 50% off.

I did not do anything myself to get this tonight.