Celebrity MoveUp

lpmom

My cruise on the Reflection is 29 days away. When I go to the MoveUp section on the website  and put in my name and reservation number nothing comes up. How do I use the MoveUp feature.

1 hour ago, lpmom said:

My cruise on the Reflection is 29 days away. When I go to the MoveUp section on the website  and put in my name and reservation number nothing comes up. How do I use the MoveUp feature.

The timing of the MoveUp bids opening varies greatly.  If at 21 days out and you're not able to get in, send an email to CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com that you aren't able access your MoveUp page and include your reservation number and last name.

If there are multiple last names on the reservation, try all of them.  Also, I remember reading that bookings from certain travel agencies don't allow participation in the MoveUp program.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lpmom said:

Did you book with the large warehouse company?

Check back on a regular basis.   Even though they say check back in 21 days -  I've seen it open between 14 and 45 days prior to sailing.   No Rhyme or Reason.    As other said if booked with a Big Box Store and some agents you may not be eligible.  

I've also sent an e-mail to the email address on the form and they responded back with an invite and/or date it will be open.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 6:20 AM, thebutlerdidit said:

And it varies widely in who receives an email about Move Up and who doesn’t. 

That it does.   I've been on a number of cruises where I never received one but was able to go the the Upgrade Page and enter a bid.

11 minutes ago, Rtowncruiser said:

If you do a Move Up from a Deluxe Balcony to Concierge, do you get the extra Captains club points also? 

No you do not but you get all the extras that a concierge gives one, mainly lunch on embarkation, main issue is that you have no control over your room.   My next few sailings are in aft balconies and I rarely move from those unless I can get a suite at a great price

14 hours ago, Rtowncruiser said:

If you do a Move Up from a Deluxe Balcony to Concierge, do you get the extra Captains club points also? 

No.  Unfortunately you only get the perks including points of your original booking.

I have a cruise coming up in Europe.  The suite prices are so high that there are around 90 still available!  This also happened to us in the fall, making it very easy to MoveUp to one for an excellent price.  This is the second leg of a b2b, with the first in a suite that is now pricing at $8-9000 higher. Our cabin is one in demand, so I may participate once again and see what happens.  However, anything can change.

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

No.  Unfortunately you only get the perks including points of your original booking.

And I believe this means that if you had included gratuities for the lesser cabin category/room type that you now have to pay the difference between the gratuity amounts yourself.  They are not "included"  - or at least that is how I read the disclaimer on the MoveUp screen when I just checked to see what was available.  While I could upgrade to an Aqua for a min bid of $100 - it seemed to recommend $300... However since I have a larger angled balcony - and I will not the option to vet the room change before it is final (and would have to also pay for the gratuity difference, I chose to stay with my original cabin. 

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was just checking my status on celebrity and noticed my move up from sky to penthouse just gave me the points for a sky suite.

4 hours ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

You can always go to the Move Up section on the Celebrity Ap and put in your cruise number to see if your cabin will qualify to make a bid. 

I’m familiar with the Move Up section of the website, but I’ve never noticed an area on the app. 

• Like 1