Non-refundable cruise change question.

sm3ds

5 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

I still don't get it. I think this will be the last Royal cruise I book. 

If you book non refundable it means no refunds. There is a charge to change. There are tas with refundable group rates or pay extra direct for refundable.  

Lots of other lines I could name have refundable and non refundable rates. What would be better about a nonrefundable rate on another line. 

17 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

I still don't get it. I think this will be the last Royal cruise I book. 

Did you not read the non-refundable rules?
I’ve change one sailing over the years and paid the $100 fee. Feel like I still come out way ahead vs. booking refundable rates 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Did you not read the non-refundable rules?
I’ve change one sailing over the years and paid the $100 fee. Feel like I still come out way ahead vs. booking refundable rates 

Yes I read the rules no need to be insulting. I was asking about a second change which no one seems to be able to answer. I'm used to sailing on cruise lines that are more upfront with their policies.  

42 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you book non refundable it means no refunds. There is a charge to change. There are tas with refundable group rates or pay extra direct for refundable.  

Lots of other lines I could name have refundable and non refundable rates. What would be better about a nonrefundable rate on another line. 

Again not what I was asking. If you read my original post I was asking if each change multiplies the change fee. There are other cruise lines that don't have non-refundable and refundable deposits. I can't think of one where the price difference is so extreme. All of that is irrelevant and its not what I was asking. 

10 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

Yes I read the rules no need to be insulting. I was asking about a second change which no one seems to be able to answer. I'm used to sailing on cruise lines that are more upfront with their policies.  

Well I wasn’t trying to be insulting but the terms are there when you go to book.

To answer your question. Yes you will be charged $100 per person if you change again. This applies up to final payment date then you can no longer make change.

34 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

Again not what I was asking. If you read my original post I was asking if each change multiplies the change fee. There are other cruise lines that don't have non-refundable and refundable deposits. I can't think of one where the price difference is so extreme. All of that is irrelevant and its not what I was asking. 

No they dont multiply. $100 pp each time before final. After that you cant change. The $100 pp is to move it. If you dont rebook the deposit is lost. 

It's not any different than an airline ticket with a change fee... the fee gets charged for every change.  It's not a one-time fee with unlimited changes.  It's all spelled out quite well, IMO.  It's actually in the name of the fee:  a change fee means a fee for a change.  

download.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No they dont multiply. $100 pp each time before final. After that you cant change. The $100 pp is to move it. If you dont rebook the deposit is lost. 

I did not get charged anything the first time I moved it they added 100 per person onto the cost. So if I move it again they’ll add 100 per person to the fare? It won’t be 200 per person? If it was clear on the Royal website I wouldn’t be asking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sm3ds said:

So if I move it again they’ll add 100 per person to the fare?

Whether you get charged an increased deposit or an increased fare the final math is the same - EVERY ship/date change increases your cost $100pp. RCI is not in the business to make things clear/easy for their customers.

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

It's not any different than an airline ticket with a change fee... the fee gets charged for every change.  It's not a one-time fee with unlimited changes.  It's all spelled out quite well, IMO.  It's actually in the name of the fee:  a change fee means a fee for a change.  

download.jpeg

Do airlines have change fees anymore? 

29 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

Do airlines have change fees anymore? 

What is a change fee for airlines?

Change fees are charged by some airlines when you adjust your itinerary. Generally speaking, you'll need to pay a flat fee in addition to the fare difference for moving to a new flight. These fees can vary depending on the airline, destination or even how far in advance you make the change.Jul 17, 2021

1 hour ago, sm3ds said:

I did not get charged anything the first time I moved it they added 100 per person onto the cost. So if I move it again they’ll add 100 per person to the fare? It won’t be 200 per person? If it was clear on the Royal website I wouldn’t be asking. 

If you Google your question you will get directed to this17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

Policy is spelled out on their faq section of their website.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, molly361 said:
What is a change fee for airlines?

Change fees are charged by some airlines when you adjust your itinerary. Generally speaking, you'll need to pay a flat fee in addition to the fare difference for moving to a new flight. These fees can vary depending on the airline, destination or even how far in advance you make the change.Jul 17, 2021

Most Airlines got rid of change fees. I wasn’t asking what it was. 

Edited by sm3ds

Hello,

I am not disputing anything that has been written before, but am adding this for anyone reading this thread from this side of the pond.

If you book on board, you can make any number of changes free of charge up to final payment date.

Regards,

Cublet

6 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I am not disputing anything that has been written before, but am adding this for anyone reading this thread from this side of the pond.

If you book on board, you can make any number of changes free of charge up to final payment date.

Regards,

Cublet

Not on North American bookings.

29 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Only applies for the first 60 days in the US after that the $100 per person happens