Super Bowl Party on NCL

trbarton

This will be my first Super Bowl cruise. Wonder if there are any places, bars, that one could watch the Super Bowl?  I’ll be on the Getaway &. I’m new to NCL so I don’t have any ideas. Is there away to order food & have it brought to where you are like you can on Princess?  We will be in Bridgetown Barbados. 

It’s on Sunday February 12, 2023 at 6:30 pm Eastern time. Wonder what time it will be where we will be?

I'm hoping the 49ers will be there. 

Tom😀

Lots of threads on this if you use the search feature - yes, NCL will usually set up a Superbowl party on the pool deck and/or in the sports bar areas, which often will feature a burgers/hot dogs type free buffet situation as well. The downside is that it's only the satellite stream of the game, so no funny superbowl commercials or halftime show.

Not sure what the time difference would be, guessing I would say the game will start about 8:30 P.M. your time.  The Freestyle Daily delivered to your cabin the night before will tell you where on the ship the parties will be and what time.

Go Green Bay Packers

8 hours ago, chloe173 said:

The downside is that it's only the satellite stream of the game, so no funny superbowl commercials or halftime show.

On one cruise we were on, we were getting regional sports commercials from somewhere in the Caribbean, but otherwise, as you’ve said, not the funny commercials nor the halftime show. 

Have watched 4 super bowls on past cruises. They've had it playing in the atrium, pool deck and h2o. I'm sure it's been other places but those are where I've seen them. Some areas, ships, had food some didn't. I can't recall what the timing was, but i do know they don't show the commercials.

Okay, so does anyone know if we'll be able to watch the playoff games too ?  We'll be on the Breakaway next week and our Bengals need us.(  Don't laugh at my lucky scarf.  I'll be wearing it even if we can't find the game on a screen.)

1 minute ago, MyAuntFanny said:

Okay, so does anyone know if we'll be able to watch the playoff games too ?  We'll be on the Breakaway next week and our Bengals need us.(  Don't laugh at my lucky scarf.  I'll be wearing it even if we can't find the game on a screen.)

yes, they show the playoffs.  I've been on the Breakaway for the playoffs and they showed the games up at H2O.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, djtx2 said:

Hi all,

where do you think Super Bowl will be on the NCL Encore?

can anyone confirm Kinky Boots is gone on the Encore?  Have they replaced it?

See everyone on the 12!!  GO EAGLES!!!

It should be shown in many places onboard ship including on the TV in your cabin.

GO CHIEFS

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, djtx2 said:

Hi all, where do you think Super Bowl will be on the NCL Encore?  See everyone on the 12!!  GO EAGLES!!!

Check your Freestyle Daily for viewing locations. Wherever you are going to view the game, get there very early other plan on standing for 5 hours. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 1/7/2023 at 7:32 PM, chloe173 said:

Lots of threads on this if you use the search feature - yes, NCL will usually set up a Superbowl party on the pool deck and/or in the sports bar areas, which often will feature a burgers/hot dogs type free buffet situation as well. The downside is that it's only the satellite stream of the game, so no funny superbowl commercials or halftime show.

We have always seen the halftime show.

In 2019 or 20  it was the infamous JLo show and it was in the theater . It's just the commercials that aren't available.

we saw it last year as well .

I watched the game at the Haven bar last year. It was extremely boring. No atmosphere, no food - nothing. They needed to serve a couple of platters of chicken wings or something to liven up the atmosphere. Deadsville personified.

3 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

No Spice on Encore.

Ahhh, too bad.  I'm sure they will show it on a nice big screen somewhere, but I enjoy watching the big screen at H2O, especially if it's warm enough for the hot tub.  I'm also a cigar smoker so it's nice to smoke one or two 

We were on the Jade one year for the superbowl.There were lots of chairs set up. I don't think the atrium was the only place they showed it but that's where we watched it.  They lowered the lights in the atrium and had special lighting (I think it was red white and blue)  and I think we sang the star spangled banner. No food set up per se but I did see people getting food from O'Sheehans and the buffet. It was very festive and nice.

We were on the Bliss last year and my RAMS!!! were playing and NCL had a great party set up in the theater!  They had game day food (hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, etc.) set up as you entered the theater and we had a fantastic time!  Rams fans and Bengals fans were clearly divided and there was plenty of cheering and high fives during the entire game.  Bar staff came around during the entire game and served drinks.  We have a fantastic time!