The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday January 8th, 2023

rafinmd

I meant to come back earlier, but I ended up having to change our flight again with Air Alaska, as they moved us to an even later flight-second time since we booked the flight.  We started leaving at 4:30., then 5:30, then 6:55.  Now it's at 10 am and if they move me to noon, I hope that I would still be able to fly from Vancouver from Seattle before the last flight leaves for the night.  Then there was an on line sale at Macy's,  figured I needed real shirts, not T shirts, get a little bit more upscale   So I bought 4 turtlenecks, it's going to be in May and not that warm, and then I watched a movie.  And then some of the Dakar race.  I did get in a walk in the park today.  Cloudy, cool and totally enjoyable.

I cant believe that Jacqui was in so much pain, that must be awful.  I hope you are all doing well, taking care of yourselves, newest news on Covid, is that the new patch is highly contagious.  Wear your masks!  Hugs, and now off to bed!

• Like 11

11 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Thinking of @Scrapnana and @kazu and sending good thoughts their way. 

What was supposed to be a quiet Sunday at home on a rainy day turned into something not nearly as fun. Yesterday DH had an "off" day and we couldn't wake him up. This has happened before and our neurologist is working on it but I let him sleep and monitor him. Usually he wakes up the next day as if nothing had happened. Well, this morning he was still not "right', had problems getting words out and he smelled highly of acidic urine. I checked with the home health nurse and then called 911 to have our local guys come and check him. IT was agreed to take him to the ER so off he went and I followed a bit later. I was there at 9:30 and we left at 4:00 PM. Our (mine and the medic guys) instincts were right - it's a UTI. He was given IV antibiotics, I pick up a prescription tomorrow, and he came home in the car. Our local assistant fire chief came and helped get DH in the house. 

Now, to round off Sunday, the laundry is going in the dryer (all the bedding) and we're having salmon, mashed potatoes, green beans and some wine for dinner. 

Have a great evening!

Karen

Karen, I'm sorry to hear of your husband's UTI.  It's good you are attuned to his behaviors and figured it out.  So nice of the assistant fire chief came over to help with moving him.  This is why our first responders are so important.  Always there when needed!

10 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Hello from somewhere on the Pacific on the way to Cabo.  Roy, thanks for the welcome home, but we have another week on the “big K”, tonight we are having dinner in the Pinnacle with Tony and Martha, SailingDutchy.  The word I had today from Jacqui’s friends, J&J, is that she was having her surgery this morning.  Hope all went well, I imagine she won’t be able to travel home for a few days.  She is a real stoic, I don’t know how she managed for those days with multiple fractures in her arm!

@luvteachinghope your hubby recovers quickly, and I’m keeping @Scrapnana in my prayers,  too.  

Ann, thanks for that update on Jacqui.  I feel so badly for all she's gone through.  Hopefully someone in her family was able to come down to give her support.  Sending more prayers for her quick recovery and journey home.

• Like 5