Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

26 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Yes, asking for a side of vegetables has worked in the past.  But the reports are that special requests are not being honored on the new menus.   Sooo can one get extra vegs or not????

Seems easy enough on the Allure this week.

7 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

It kinda confirms one of my concerns - having vegetables available.

Each meal looks heavy on carbs with not much veg.  In seven days, I would start craving more green vegetables.  I.e. more than two slices of carrots and one piece of broccoli.  No mention or ordering sides of vegetables.  The few salad offering are not very nutritious.

Plenty of veggies, salad and fresh fruits at lido buffet throughout the day. 

7 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Plenty of veggies, salad and fresh fruits at lido buffet throughout the day. 

They are talking about vegetables in the MDR with dinner. So they should go to the Windjammer and carry vegetables with them into the MDR? How about you address the actual situation being discussed 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

They are talking about vegetables in the MDR with dinner. So they should go to the Windjammer and carry vegetables with them into the MDR? How about you address the actual situation being discussed 

Interesting.

Does one now go to the Windjammer when it opens for dinner (say 6pm), have their preferred vegetables and make a custom salad, eat it there, and then go to MDR at second seating (8pm) if they like the main dishes and disregard any sides served (not eat them and waste them)?

THAT would create even higher waste and food costs for RCI.

This would create a higher demand for Windjammer at dinner which so many have observed to be more wasteful than MDR?

I do not have the answers but RCI will over the next few months.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Yes, asking for a side of vegetables has worked in the past.  But the reports are that special requests are not being honored on the new menus.   Sooo can one get extra vegs or not????

I haven't experienced the new menus yet but I would say yes. What it says at the bottom of the menu is that requests for items NOT featured on this menu can only be accommodated for allergens or dietary restrictions. So, if you're asking for extra veggies then, as long as you're asking for ones that are included with the dishes on that night's menu, you should be OK. But if you ask for (say) asparagus on a night when it's nowhere to be seen on the menu then you'd be out of luck. That's my understanding of it anyway. I could be hopelessly wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Well, someone said earlier that they aren't allowing you to ask for sides to be excluded.  So, I would think that extra sides would also be disallowed.  

but you could order a second entree maybe. Although it doesn't make sense to plate and serve a second steak or piece of fish if someone only wants veggies and would waste the protein.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Well, someone said earlier that they aren't allowing you to ask for sides to be excluded.  So, I would think that extra sides would also be disallowed.  

As more current cruisers report back on their MDR experiences, we should soon have clarification.

• Like 1

With the classics being eliminated, the dinner options in the MDR have been severely reduced.  Royal is not about to reverse their decision until they start seeing cruises being canceled and negative comments from passengers after their cruises.  For the present time, everyone will have to suffer in the  MDR or dine elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On our previous cruises, my DD has asked for a side of vegetables, often mentioning a vegetable that she sees is being served with a different entree, and has been accommodated.  We will be sailing on Harmony in about three weeks.  This will be our first cruise with the new MDR menus.  I will report back - probably in a new thread.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

On our previous cruises, my DD has asked for a side of vegetables, often mentioning a vegetable that she sees is being served with a different entree, and has been accommodated.  We will be sailing on Harmony in about three weeks.  This will be our first cruise with the new MDR menus.  I will report back - probably in a new thread.

Thank you. Eyewitness statements are few and far between because this is a new menu with what "seems" to be service changes.