The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 9th, 2023

rafinmd

32 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Another great menu. You are doing a great sailing job for booking our next cruise. Wait a minute, what is this I just received, the Holland America Censor Board is reviewing your posts 😳

We still love our Holland America but trying something new has been refreshing. This meal isn’t something you do every week as it’s $95.00 per person!

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

They have a different theme every day.

Tonight we are going to Chefs Table where the theme is Stateside 

Menu. They also have French, Italian theme evenings.

This is extra fee and I believe around 14 folks maximum.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc94bc504c5be5ba1025d97f7d0adab8.jpeg

I have always espoused drinking the wine you like to drink with the food you like to eat, but the wines being paired with the entree options on this menu surprise me a bit.  Typically, red wines are paired with red meat and white wines are paired with fish.  (A notable exception to the latter occurs in the movie "From Russia with Love" when the evil Mr. Grant orders Chianti, the red kind, with his fish.)  I have to believe that the wine pairings in the above menu--Chardonnay with Rib Eye Fillet and Cabernet Sauvignon with Sole and Shrimp--were accidentally reversed in the preparation of the printed menu.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good morning from a cool but warming day at the beach

I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. They have a very difficult and dangerous job. 
   I have never been to todays port. Sorry to read about that cyclone in New Zealand and that the Noordam is returning to Sydney. Always better to be safe.

I am having trouble returning to normal. Can’t seem to get my days and nights straight. Been like a zombie the last few days. Going to go on a long walk on the beach today and hopefully the nice sea air will adjust my time clock, 

I am so sorry to hear about Kazu  and Scrapnana. Praying for a complete recovery. 
    Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

you tubers guys say the ship will go to Christchurch and then head back to Sydney

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I have always espoused drinking the wine you like to drink with the food you like to eat, but the wines being paired with the entree options on this menu surprise me a bit.  Typically, red wines are paired with red meat and white wines are paired with fish.  (A notable exception to the latter occurs in the movie "From Russia with Love" when the evil Mr. Grant orders Chianti, the red kind, with his fish.)  I have to believe that the wine pairings in the above menu--Chardonnay with Rib Eye Fillet and Cabernet Sauvignon with Sole and Shrimp--were accidentally reversed in the preparation of the printed menu.

We’ll soon find out. Traditionally at these type dinners one can usually ask for a white or red. Some folks do not do well on red wine. Plus we agree with you. Feel it’s a misprint.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We still love our Holland America but trying something new has been refreshing. This meal isn’t something you do every week as it’s $95.00 per person!

I think you are ok with HAL now. I don’t think they remove any of your Mariner Stars!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good evening all,  

I am sorry for not writing.  We have been super busy opening boxes and putting away all our stuff.

Our bed is finally put together and tomorrow night, after 4 1/2 months I will sleep in my own bed.  I am so excited.  If I had my jammies I would have done it tonight.  

I was on my feet for about 6 hours today working alongside the crew from Service Masters.  There is just so much to do.  

I am so exhausted.  I am too old for this.

On another note my Polymyalgia Rheumatica is acting up again.  I am not really surprised with all the work I have been doing.  I will be in touch with my doctor to see if Ihave to go back on the Prednisone.  

Tomorrow is more of the same.

Prayers for all on the cares list, especially for @kazu (Jacqui) and @Scrapnana(kathi) and hope their hospital stays are short.

Prayers also for everyone else on the cares list.

Cheers for all celebrating.

God Bless everyone,

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good evening  Right now, we're watching the  TCU Georgia game.  So far, the Horned Frogs are not doing very well.  I hope they do better in the second half.

Today turned into a nice day in the upper 60s.  It was pleasant walking to our cluster box and then around the circle in our small community.  Otherwise not a very busy day today.

9 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm taking advantage of the quiet before DH and DSIL get up and will try to get a quick post in now.

Yesterday we took DSIL to Seattle.  As I've said before, she's never been west of the Mississippi.  She wanted to see the Space Needle in person, and go to Pike Place Market.  Even though it was chilly and drizzling, we were thankful the weather wasn't worse.  I was very pleased that she was able to see the fish mongers "throw a fish".  They threw it 3 times in fact.  Many times we've taken friends there and they weren't lucky enough to see them do it.  Contrary to what many think, it doesn't happen all the time.

Then last night we bundled up a little more and went to Lantern Lights at the zoo with the rest of the family.  Since it's become kind of a family tradition to do it every year, we're pleased that they change it every year.  As always it was excellent.

Today the plan is to meet my sister and DBIL in Bellingham and have lunch on the waterfront, then we'll take DSIL to the Peace Arch where she can at least "see" Canada.  Unfortunately she doesn't have a passport (as I said, she never travels!)  But I want her to at least be able to say she "saw" Canada.  Then later today it will be dinner at DS and DDIL's.  

Have a great day everyone!

745778605_spaceneedle2.thumb.jpg.1673b5bfd997d221bb26a0c181f66029.jpg

330652457_zoolights.thumb.jpg.e5e7eddfc2ede4a2d1fb6e12a5b4c1a2.jpg

apes.thumb.jpg.351ace071594048431fe753cd3890f60.jpg

video.html 4.99 MB · 2 downloads

Carolyn, glad the weather is cooperating while you you show DSIL the area.  Thanks for the pictures.

8 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning to all.I am a bit late since Monty had to go into the vet this morning... just a shot and also I had them do a pedicure. It was worth every penny.Trying to trim the black nails of a squirming 5 lb Chihuahua is not easy... if fact it is impossible without cutting the quick. He was sure I was taking him to his end but now he is home and sleeping soundly. At least he does not bite.

Nothing else really on my plate today. There is an issue at the shelter with payroll which the new ED is handling (YES!!!!) and I will go in tomorrow to go over a contract with her and see how the resolution to the payroll issue is coming but she is doing the ground work. Slowly phasing out. Now I can concentrate on the condo.

Take care all.

Susan

Susan, I'm glad the new ED is taking some of the burden off your shoulders.

53 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening all,  

I am sorry for not writing.  We have been super busy opening boxes and putting away all our stuff.

Our bed is finally put together and tomorrow night, after 4 1/2 months I will sleep in my own bed.  I am so excited.  If I had my jammies I would have done it tonight.  

I was on my feet for about 6 hours today working alongside the crew from Service Masters.  There is just so much to do.  

I am so exhausted.  I am too old for this.

On another note my Polymyalgia Rheumatica is acting up again.  I am not really surprised with all the work I have been doing.  I will be in touch with my doctor to see if Ihave to go back on the Prednisone.  

Tomorrow is more of the same.

Prayers for all on the cares list, especially for @kazu (Jacqui) and @Scrapnana(kathi) and hope their hospital stays are short.

Prayers also for everyone else on the cares list.

Cheers for all celebrating.

God Bless everyone,

Tereri

Terri, I'm sorry your Polymyalgia Rheumatica has flared up.  That's good news you will be sleeping in your own bed tomorrow night.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Cruzin TerriWelcome home!  There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed.

Poor Bubbles, something over the last week has been attacking him.  He is very wounded but shy of me, of course he is a stray cat, that only shows up when the crunchies make noise, but I put a little baby blanket on him, and he stayed like that for an hour, then climbed on top of it, and then I put another bigger blanket on him and I will check on him before I go to bed.  He has an infection, and he looks like he is in agony.   He smells badly too, so I put some Vicks vap o rub out on the wall (he is sleeping next to the house on the raised flower bed)  and a vicks lavender closer to him.  If its another cat they will go towards the vap o rub, my cats love that smell.  If it's something bigger, then we have problems, and I may leave the light on in the laundry room, so that whatever it is thinks there's a person around.  Even Fawn who sleeps on the enclosed porch is now sleeping in a cat tent so that nothing can see her.  I did see a dead young coyote two clocks from our house on the main drag.

DH's working eye has not been working well recently.  He keeps rubbing it, the lower lid is drooping, and it is running.  He says everything is rather fuzzy.  I called our eye doc (she has retired, but Emory has a slew of them) but to get him into his usual office would take until March.  That will not work, so tomorrow at 7 am we head on down to Emory midtown, to a new doc.  I am hoping that they let me in when they examine him.  (maybe this was a good week for his car to break down)

Otherwise, when asked how he is doing, he will tell them all about his other problems, but not the eye. And then he walks out telling me that they don't do anything to help him.  ARghhhh!  I am his advocate, and don't like sitting in a car when he cant answer a question honestly.  

DH did sign us up for the latest Covid vaccine, moot point with the latest version, and I get a flu shot at the same time.  I warned my boss.  And my new job starts training tomorrow- at least at California time, so that the morning situation wont affect it.

9e1e38d94f2cc873dff5ba94dc1e1ce4.jpg

• Like 7