The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 9th, 2023

rafinmd

Today is Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, Balloon Ascension Day, and International Coreographers Day

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. - Elbert Hubbard

Meal Suggestion for today - Pork & Sauerkraut
Drink of the Day - Fireside Coco
Wine of the Day - Quartz Reef Pinot Noir Central Otago Single Ferment 2020
Destination of the Day - Bornholm Island Denmark, Ronne

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 1-10

Koningsdam

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico 11:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Key West, Florida 08:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Puerto Montt, Chile 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 1/10

Volendam

Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa 17:00 Depart

Zaandam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa 17:00 Depart

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 07:45 - 19:15

Reported by maxy1234 and lissie to be returning to Sydney (no ETA given) due to Cyclone Hale but status unclear.

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Darwin, NT Australia eta 1-12

Capture1.JPG.38edfbaca3ca5845496b7e4abe6ff781.JPG

Capture2.JPG.b0a5b6593b7db54eccb48f5edb8fa941.JPG

Volendam and Zuiderdam are in Fuerte Amidor.  I've been there several times (2016-19) but it has always been a tender port.  I was surprised to see that there is apparently a dock there now:

Capture3.jpg.9e64024d5e9333d22eef970f80c886e6.jpg

Roy for Rich

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

Is that a misspelling,  Coreographers Day?

If so, It’s Saturday Night Fever on a Monday 🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺

And a big shoutout to all our Law Enforcement Personnel!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 17

Good afternoon.

Thank you Roy for a great new daily reports day.

Thank you to our food and beverage ladies for all their excellent input every day.

True quote.

Law enforcement is a tough job and I appreciate what all the good officers do to keep us safe.

Food sounds okay.

We have been to Denmark several times but not to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for all that are unwell.

I wish everyone a happy day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230109_115031.jpg

Screenshot_20230109_115141.jpg

Screenshot_20230109_115006.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27

Good morning! We have just arrived Charlestown, Nevis which will be a tender port.

We enjoyed our stay on board yesterday in St Thomas. We just may do the same today.

Enjoyed a nice dinner in MDR last night followed by a show in Cabaret Lounge. MDR is open seating of which we have never had to wait and always get a table for two at our adopted waiter’s service area.

The Wi Fi still amazes me and the price of $71.00 for entire cruise was even better.

Per request from Redneck Bob here is a sample of last nights menu.

Roy thanks for your loyal volunteerism and triple duty.

Thanks to our police. Have a great day.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.6081c8e16f5f8672a2bd5c792fbecb61.jpegimage.jpeg.13058028895b9b474f5536a4fdf63e55.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bfd546012814ac9cce42d383f473c99e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4c243f62020ff1c72d8f80fc94772e82.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f1b2a05b4125c8b473e205ca74aa4fcd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8784254e0ed9a9041d732bdd7d68874.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Good morning Daily-ites from lovely Rotterdam. The sunrise was especially beautiful. 

Today as Roy stated, is a sea day for us. Tonight is Orange night. Since this is a repeat of a few weeks ago, I've already seen EXC Talk (Rum) and Islands of the Mind. I may play the Ship Hunt at 2.  And both Trivia games. Having dinner at Rudi's tonight.

So.. We are usually pretty compliant on foods. (Here I go..) BUT: 2 nights ago Canelletto was mediocre. We love the staff and they are fast with our drinks.

Last night Tamarind was a let down. Our reservation was at 5. Allen got his cocktail after 5:30, I got mine after that. The server came 3 times to take our order. I asked to have our cocktail first. She said it was coming, let's take your order. I said not yet..

Soup was same, good as always. What happened to my crispy duck?! It was like shoe leather, icky gray color and the skin was 😝. We chose not to stay for dessert. I sent a note to Navigator and the phone was ringing when we got to our cabin. "G" wants us to return another night and to "personally" call him on his phone for a date and time.. Ok. Well.

Prayers lifted for all of our friends on the Daily. Smooth sailing for our friends on Konigsdam. 

Kathi and Jacqui: special prayers and blessings to you. Hoping Jacqui's surgery was successful and you can go home soon.

Have a Blessed day and please, be kind. Xx

• Like 26

Good morning from a cool but warming day at the beach

I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. They have a very difficult and dangerous job. 
   I have never been to todays port. Sorry to read about that cyclone in New Zealand and that the Noordam is returning to Sydney. Always better to be safe.

I am having trouble returning to normal. Can’t seem to get my days and nights straight. Been like a zombie the last few days. Going to go on a long walk on the beach today and hopefully the nice sea air will adjust my time clock, 

I am so sorry to hear about Kazu  and Scrapnana. Praying for a complete recovery. 
    Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Love the maps.

A big thank you to those in  Law Enforcement. 

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good.  The drink sounds good too, hope the wine isn't too expensive.

I've never been to today's port.

It's cold and cloudy here today, a few flurries in the forecast.  Not much on the agenda for us.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Good morning friends!  We are 42F and expect sunshine and 54 for a high, although we could have some windy conditions here and there.  Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor posting the Daily for Rich @richwmn.  I'm happy to see National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day since they do so much to protect our citizens.  I doubt I'd want to ascend in a balloon though I know many love that.  I'm pretty sure it's Choreographers Day, as @RedneckBobsaid.  True quote!  My mom used to prepare sauerkraut for us but I never did like it much.  Much appreciation to our food and beverage department (Debbie, Ann and Dixie) even though I often pass on those things.  I know you don't take it personally!🙂  Today we have a new port, Ronne (Bornholm Island), Denmark.  I would love to go there but have not yet.  I hope someone here has and will post some photos.

Prayers for all on the Care list🙏 and a shout out to all on the Celebration list. 🥂  I hope we get some better news on Jacqui @kazusoon.  I'm worried about her being alone and having had surgery with no one with her.  I know she will report in as soon as she possibly can.  ❤️

Not much news to report today so I will move on.  Sometimes no news is a good thing!  Have a great day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Joy @Seasick Sailorinteresting you are having less than stellar specialty dining experiences.  We felt the same on Volendam.  Canaletto was just mediocre and we had gone on a Saturday night to get the shrimp special which you said wasn't great Saturday.  I know I was quite disappointed.  Then our Pinnacle Grill dinner was the same.  Our steaks weren't cooked as we had asked so they had to go back, which never seems to make them taste better even if they cook them more.  We didn't stay for dessert either.  

I hope the next time they get everything right, including getting the cocktails quickly.  You shouldn't have to wait that long!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. - Elbert Hubbard

I looked up Elbert Hubbard because I wanted to see if he was related to L Ron Hubbard. (Rumored to be his uncle through adoption.) Quite an interesting life…here’s a bit about his death.  The Hubbards were on the Lusitania off the coast of Ireland when the ship was as torpedoed and sunk by a German U-boat on May 7,1915.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Thank Rich & Roy for creating & bringing us today’s Report & Daily. Already 52 when Bindi and I went out earlier. Deer were everywhere. 

Roy thank you for keeping it all together in so many ways. And I love the map of the Volendam & Zuiderdam together! Special thanks for that one!

Off to the gym. Then chores. Last night’s dinner to a favorite place on the beach.  But the ride along the Coast shows the devastation that still exists from Ian and Nicole. So many areas do not have a beach anymore. I am not sure what the answer is, but until they solve the problem, the Coast road is in jeopardy from these types of storms. 

I find myself singing every now and then. Bindi just looks.😎

A87E73EE-D487-48D8-97A3-004ADAA14452.jpeg.54d278a80231c72b2a92e7dd50de7cb7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support, especially Jacqui & Kathi. Both dealing with major issues away from home. 
Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Quartz Reef Pinot Noir Central Otago Single Ferment 2020

This vintage is a bit elusive, unless you live in New Zealand or Australia, but earlier vintages are more widely available. All share excellent reviews and prices that don’t exceed my budget. Several online distributors with prices starting at $31.57.

Distributor notes

Divine ruby red in colour with intense cherry and berry aromas. Rich on the palate with dark cherry, subtle floral and herbaceous notes. Excellent depth, fine tannins and a long vibrant finish.” Rudi Bauer, who continues to explore Pinot Noir’s many dimensions, and the convergence of the old and the new wine worlds. Certified as Bio-Dynamic.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Good Monday Morning!

Fireside Coco cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Kentucky Fire™
3 parts Hot Chocolate
Garnish with Marshmallows
Garnish with Cinnamon Stick

Instructions
Build in a heat proof mug. Garnish with marshmallows and cinnamon sticks.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 7.52.14 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 10

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion is a favorite of mine.  We just had it for New Years Day so it will be awhile before I make it again. We had a very light dusting of snow overnight and the temperatures are supposed to get into the 40’s so it will be gone quickly.  Today National Grid is coming to replace our gas meter.  They requested that I lock up any pets before they arrive. I replied it’s their home and you need to give a better arrival window, four hours is too long.  The cats will supervise but ultimately stay out of the workers way.  After multiple hoops to get a person I was not in a good mood.  I hope everyone has a good Monday.

image.png.5fb2894b59b484e137a01d1bc894af67.png

• Like 15
  • Haha 13

58 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! We have just arrived Charlestown, Nevis which will be a tender port.

We enjoyed our stay on board yesterday in St Thomas. We just may do the same today.

Enjoyed a nice dinner in MDR last night followed by a show in Cabaret Lounge. MDR is open seating of which we have never had to wait and always get a table for two at our adopted waiter’s service area.

The Wi Fi still amazes me and the price of $71.00 for entire cruise was even better.

Per request from Redneck Bob here is a sample of last nights menu.

Roy thanks for your loyal volunteerism and triple duty.

Thanks to our police. Have a great day.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.6081c8e16f5f8672a2bd5c792fbecb61.jpegimage.jpeg.13058028895b9b474f5536a4fdf63e55.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bfd546012814ac9cce42d383f473c99e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4c243f62020ff1c72d8f80fc94772e82.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f1b2a05b4125c8b473e205ca74aa4fcd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8784254e0ed9a9041d732bdd7d68874.jpeg

Thanks AliasChief. Great looking menu! The Misses loves German food.

• Like 12

Good morning, everyone!

I have to post and run to get to my class at the gym.  I think I need the discipline of going to a class.  

Today's meal would have been a great one for New Year's Day.  I had never heard of the pork and sauerkraut thing until I moved to Ohio.  @StLouisCruisers Sandi, it is perfectly fine with me if  you pass on the sauerkraut because that leaves more for me.  I love it!  Every recipe seems to have their hack for reducing the tartness of the sauerkraut from apple juice to brown sugar.  I tend to stay away from the sugar additions.   I do rinse the sauerkraut well and then saute it in butter.  You can even get it to caramelize.  This first recipe relies on the brown sugar.   https://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2015/02/06/best-ever-pork-roast-sauerkraut/

272953347_porkandsauerkraut1.jpg.39b48ac54767d6bf95ea49dc2604c23a.jpg

I would probably look at the recipes for the seasonings on the pork roast and do the sauerkraut my own way.  Adding apples and onions is ok.   This one is for the slow cooker and uses apple juice as a sweetener.  A friend I know used 7-Up.  You can get the sugar free version.   https://amindfullmom.com/pork-and-sauerkraut/

950004266_porkandsauerkraut2.thumb.jpg.c0bd941ba69111a5edd9449d14bf8932.jpg

This one sounds like it would be a lot of work but it might be worth it looking at the ingredient list.  And, it is from Michael Symon, so bound to be delicious.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-symon/paps-pork-and-sauerkraut-9823022

1115669081_porkandsauerkraut3.jpeg.f858f357eafa127fedcf725dac2a0174.jpeg

We could really have some fun with pork and sauerkraut and make choucroute!  Choucroute is very common in the Alsace region of France and it is delicious!   https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/choucroute-garnie

choucroute.thumb.jpg.de328b89baf854327743e5c5f116cae9.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.   Prayers for @kazu and @Scrapnana.   

• Like 20
  • Thanks 11

Good morning. Snow showers are expected today but will not amount to much accumulation. I will gladly salute law enforcement, especially my two nephews who are NYC police officers. One is in a not good part of Brooklyn and the other is in an equally bad part of the Bronx and we all worry when we hear about policemen being hurt on the job.I will salute  choreographers  and I have not been to that part of Denmark.

Prayers for @kazu and @Scrapnana.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 24

Having lived in Ohio for most of my life, we always begin the New Year with Sauerkraut and Pork we've continued the tradition here in Florida.  I put the kraut and pork in the crock pot and let it cook for most of the day.  I blame 2020 on the fact we didn't do it.  LOL

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The drink sounds similar to the way I have hot chocolate on a cold winter's night.  Make a cup of hot chocolate and pour in a healthy shot of peppermint schnapps.  I think it's call a ski hill, but I know it's good. 

• Like 18