First P & O cruise questions

49 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

Where do you get the ice from?

Ask your cabin steward on day 1 to put a bucket of ice in cabin fridge daily,, then put your bottle in bucket. Call me peculiar but I put a couple of blocks of ice in my 🍷.and white wine.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Call me peculiar but I put a couple of blocks of ice in my 🍷.and white wine.

I thought putting ice in red wine was a Queensland thing?  The idea is to put the ice around the wine, not in it!   Depends on the quality of the wine, I guess, but you wouldn't see me paying $70 for a bottle of good red, then putting ice in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Ask your cabin steward on day 1 to put a bucket of ice in cabin fridge daily,, then put your bottle in bucket. Call me peculiar but I put a couple of blocks of ice in my 🍷.and white wine.

Me too, my husband calls it my wine slurpy😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

I thought putting ice in red wine was a Queensland thing?  The idea is to put the ice around the wine, not in it!   Depends on the quality of the wine, I guess, but you wouldn't see me paying $70 for a bottle of good red, then putting ice in it.

Well I like my wines cool, not served in at 35C temp at a BBQ or even on a cruise ship deck.   I never spend more than $10 a bottle at Dan's, but not been there for ages, been off the grog for 3 months, even at Christmas. Too many medications, bad mix.

pinot.jpg.06374ea0ee22e7f22ebb5a49adcf3da3.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

I would normally get an ice bucket and ice from the cabin steward. Is this no longer an option on P&O?

I always used to have an icebucket full of ice, but on our last cruises on Princess and P:&O, there wasn't an ice bucket in the cabin. I didn't ask the steward but maybe tomorrow I will.

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I thought I’d revive this thread rather than start a new one. 

Is there currently a charge for room service breakfast on P&O?

I am pretty sure P&O charge per item for room service including breakfast.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am pretty sure P&O charge per item for room service including breakfast.

Thanks, Evon. 
With DW's current mobility issues we may be utilising a bit of room service this cruise. I really need a break from all the fetch and carry I’ve done lately on top of everything else. Just as well the cruise fare was cheap! 
We sail on Wednesday. 😁

34 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Thanks, Evon. 
With DW's current mobility issues we may be utilising a bit of room service this cruise. I really need a break from all the fetch and carry I’ve done lately on top of everything else. Just as well the cruise fare was cheap! 
We sail on Wednesday. 😁

P&O Definitely charge for all room service, unless your confined to cabin.

MHO the room service food was not that great, and very slow in arriving.

That was last year it may be different now however.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I thought I’d revive this thread rather than start a new one. 

Is there currently a charge for room service breakfast on P&O?

You should know that P&O charge for everything 😂

If you have a full suite, you can get continental breakfast NC via room service. It is really limited compared to what you will get in the buffet or dining room as well as room service on other lines.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

@Sparky74 Wow, I found some content on the P&O Australia forum from last August.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2871446-breakfast-lunch-menus-pictures/

Hmmm…

Usually on a cruise I have my breakfast early in the dining room while DW gets up later and goes to the buffet. 
One of the reasons for taking this cruise is for me to have a rest, including from waiting on DW following her ankle surgery but at those prices I might be popping up to the Pantry to collect breakfast for her after I’ve had mine. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Hmmm…

Usually on a cruise I have my breakfast early in the dining room while DW gets up later and goes to the buffet. 
... I might be popping up to the Pantry to collect breakfast for her after I’ve had mine. 

Hi, I was going to suggest that! Go and have your brekkie and while out and about, collect something for Cathryn 🍲 (two birds, one stone 😄). The difficulty could be carrying multiple dishes to the cabin and maybe a hot drink. They might be able to loan you a tray if you ask.  Do P&O supply wheelchairs at all, or is it something you could hire for the trip 🤔

Edited by Jean C

I

20 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi, I was going to suggest that! Go and have your brekkie and while out and about, collect something for Cathryn 🍲 (two birds, one stone 😄). The difficulty could be carrying multiple dishes to the cabin and maybe a hot drink. They might be able to loan you a tray if you ask.  Do P&O supply wheelchairs at all, or is it something you could hire for the trip 🤔

20 minutes ago, Jean C said:

i take two small 24 hour thermos, so I can carry boiling water for tea during the night and cold water to drink.  I put ice cubes in my cold water.  I have a bag I put them in to keep my hands free.  I don’t need to take any food but would take Tupperware containers for food if I did.

5 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

You can hire a lightweight wheel chair in Brisbane for $25 a week.  Might be worthwhile?

https://www.qldrehab.com.au/wheeled-mobility-equipment-hire

@Sparky74 On that thought, make sure you contact P&O to register for wheelchair assistance at embark/disembark. Apart from expediting your boarding, these are nice folk (especially Ian).

5 hours ago, Jean C said:

DW doesn’t drink tea or coffee so that simplifies things slightly. Apparently P&O do NOT supply wheelchairs. 

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I

i take two small 24 hour thermos, so I can carry boiling water for tea during the night and cold water to drink.  I put ice cubes in my cold water.  I have a bag I put them in to keep my hands free.  I don’t need to take any food but would take Tupperware containers for food if I did.

We often take a small plastic container or ziplock bag and collect biscuits at lunchtime so we can have afternoon tea or supper. 

3 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

You can hire a lightweight wheel chair in Brisbane for $25 a week.  Might be worthwhile?

https://www.qldrehab.com.au/wheeled-mobility-equipment-hire

I wonder if they'd deliver it to the terminal. 🤷‍♂️ That would be easier than bringing one from home along with the knee scooter, and the walking frame, and suitcases. At this rate there might be room for DW in the car! 😱

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

@Sparky74 On that thought, make sure you contact P&O to register for wheelchair assistance at embark/disembark. Apart from expediting your boarding, these are nice folk (especially Ian).

Our TA has apparently organised this for us. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I managed to get the wheelchair, knee scooter, crutches, and suitcases into the car. AND there was still room for DW. 😅

Well done!  Hope accompanied with lots of laugher!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I managed to get the wheelchair, knee scooter, crutches, and suitcases into the car. AND there was still room for DW. 😅

Do you have a big van ? 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Do you have a big van ? 

No. Just good spatial awareness and a knack for packing. I was very fortunate in my youth that my parents were able to support me and I could go to university. All those hours of playing Tetris on my 286 have paid off! 😁

• Haha 2

Not sure if this has been discussed on the forum yet (I've been absent for a bit) but P&O now charge for poached eggs... they are considered a specialty 😏. If you're lucky enough to have access to Byron Beach Club and therefore have access to Angelos for breakfast, your poached eggs and Eggs Benny are free! Wahoo.

Also, MA category mini-suites will be granted all of M1 Byron Beach Club extras from July 1st. P&O don't appear to have announced this anywhere so I was able to snag a good deal in an MA category mini for August. Actually I've been trying to find and book a few MA category cruises before the deal is announced and the MA prices jump to M1 level. The MA minis are also located midship, which is better than the M1s which are forward.

I know all TAs have received the detail and I did confirm with P&O before I paid.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mum and son said:

Not sure if this has been discussed on the forum yet (I've been absent for a bit) but P&O now charge for poached eggs... they are considered a specialty 😏. If you're lucky enough to have access to Byron Beach Club and therefore have access to Angelos for breakfast, your poached eggs and Eggs Benny are free! Wahoo.

Also, MA category mini-suites will be granted all of M1 Byron Beach Club extras from July 1st. P&O don't appear to have announced this anywhere so I was able to snag a good deal in an MA category mini for August. Actually I've been trying to find and book a few MA category cruises before the deal is announced and the MA prices jump to M1 level. The MA minis are also located midship, which is better than the M1s which are forward.

I know all TAs have received the detail and I did confirm with P&O before I paid.

What next!  Poached eggs a specialty rubbish!