Is QM2 better than QV?

swjumbo

Went on QV for a short cruise last year and we were not impressed with the run down condition of the ship. The pool area also stank.

We’re considering an Eastbound crossing in PG on QM2.

Is it in better condition?

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Went on QV for a short cruise last year and we were not impressed with the run down condition of the ship. The pool area also stank.

We’re considering an Eastbound crossing in PG on QM2.

Is it in better condition?

Thank you!

Not according to a lot of the stuff you read, though I thought it was fine in the summer. PG cabins on QM2 are much nicer though. Otherwise Grills facilities less attractive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

Went on QV for a short cruise last year and we were not impressed with the run down condition of the ship.

We were on the other QV last November.

Can't say we noticed any run down areas.

Later this year, we'll be doing a B2B T/A and another QV trip later in the year.

I'm sure both ships will be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Not according to a lot of the stuff you read, though I thought it was fine in the summer. PG cabins on QM2 are much nicer though. Otherwise Grills facilities less attractive.

I think a lot of the stuff is over the top* - I too thought QM2 was fine in October.  We were in QG but would have been fine in PG as they are 3/4s of QG size and 1.5 x standard size and better aspect ratio than vista PGs

(* some broken chairs in the planetarium part of Illuminations and some rust and some lifts not working - but plenty of lifts...and that's it)

• Like 1

Our balcony cabin on QV on our December cruise was a little tatty. Several scuffs on furniture and chips out of the wardrobe. Also the veranda furniture chairs were peeling and looked old and worn. 
The public inside areas however were wonderful 

It’s been a few years since we were on the QM, so can’t comment on her current state. But if you were thinking of travelling in the Grills I would say the location of the restaurants is in a far nicer location on the QV and her grills sun decks are far superior also. 

We were on the QV in Sept/Oct and we’re impressed by her condition, spotless brand new thick carpets and everywhere seemed clean and tidy. We even had smart new curtains fitted in the cabin whilst on board. It was our 3/4th time on the QV and found our cabin and general state of the ship to be very satisfactory.

She had had a refit earlier last year. 

13 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We were on the QM2 in Dec 22.    She is not a new ship but we found it to be in excellent condition.   There are a few cosmetic issues but nothing that would disappoint or ruin a trip.   The Queens Grill was better than ever, Osman runs a great restaurant.

Osman is part of the furniture, he looked after us on a Trans Atlantic as far back as 2016 with his famous 'Steak Tartare'...

2085426310_OsmanPinaroglumaitredhotel2PreparingSteakTartare.jpg.f4f9a05f51d57b9cce46fa36d66cac8b.jpg

Aloha. Have sailed on both several times and it is just a different experience.  Grills on both and in my opinion the QM2 of course is one of a kind evoking the QE2 which we also loved.  QV is a souped up Vista class which we sailed with HAL several times.  Im confident whichever ship you choose will provide an enjoyable vacation experience.