LIVE From the “80s Theme” Regal - 1/11/23 - 4 Day Princess Cays

CanadianBurger

3 hours ago, DisneyDatknee said:

I'm assuming the wifi is pretty good?

Well, I think it’s slower than BC (before covid). The videos take quite a while to upload. I’m sure the Crown in 2019 was faster. 

Edited by CanadianBurger

Another night of incredible rocking in the Princess Theatre. I figured Wanted would have a hard time living up to Double Vision’s performance last night, but they didn’t disappoint. 
The entertainment on this four-day cruise has far outshone any other cruise I’ve been on. I hope Princess continues with this theme and books these bands again. All everybody could talk about was how great these acts were. 
The frontpeople for The Pat Benatar Experience and Double Vision were in the audience and were pulled onstage for a song. Even Allie our CD got in on the action. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

63°F, gale force winds and a 13 foot swell. Deck 17 is roped off

I also had to throw all the unused hangers on the floor in the middle of the night.

An easy fix is to take the belt from your robe and tie them all together

• Like 2

Thanks so much for taking us along with you.

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Was there any "regular" Princess entertainment or was it all completely 80s? 

Did the resident party band play anywhere? 

We're hoping to do one of these and just trying to get a sense of whether it's all 80s - which would be fab! Or if it's some of the regular stuff and some 80s.

How was the crew - service at dinner or such? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Was there any "regular" Princess entertainment or was it all completely 80s? 

How was the crew - service at dinner or such? 

Service was impeccable. Probably being at half capacity was a factor. Never felt crowded. 

As far as entertainment, best to look at the Patters I posted and see the options. 

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Service was impeccable. Probably being at half capacity was a factor. Never felt crowded. 

As far as entertainment, best to look at the Patters I posted and see the options. 

*** I did try that first. For whatever reason they're way too small for me to read. Have tried loading them different ways, zooming, etc. Just too small for some reason.. 

Thanks anyways.. 

Good to hear.. 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, CanadianBurger said:

Looks like the retreat pool is having some work done. Wonder how long it will be closed. 

941ACAD2-8263-4EBB-84C8-324879583ADA.thumb.jpeg.23d3b4c594b72973e982c8954da8b660.jpeg

🤣😂 I am laughing because we were on that ship last week, disembarked on January 3. That pool outside the Sanctuary  was shoulder to shoulder people almost the entire time. I imagine the water needed to be drained and everything scrubbed to make it hygienic again. 

19 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

I envy you, we were on the cruise preceding yours. It was at 100% capacity and almost unbearable. Almost felt like I was on a Carnival Cruise.  Yup, getting older and cranky here. 🙄

Just now, CanadianBurger said:

I heard it was a zoo with over 4000 passengers. This one had only 1714, and was fantastic. 

Wow, am so jealous! Will never book a cruise around the Holidays again!

Thanks for all your cheery posts! 

THANKS for this! Great cruise! We are just getting back.  Stayed in FL hoping for warmer weather after the cruise.  Your photos and videos are so much better than mine.

What a cruise!!!!!    If you saw the little lady with the eighties shiny silver sequined skirt, hot pink leggings, and black patent leather high heeled penny-loafers, black bustier, white denim vest and big side-pony that was me.

We were in the Sanctuary on the double lounger behind the front rows, on the Starboard side.  Our favorite spot.   Looks like you might have missed one of the best afternoon tea cakes.  The little mini round shortcake or teacakes with sliced fruit and berries on top were SO good!

Project 5 were so good!!!  But, not quite a party band.

We had a bungalow rented, so went out on the Island.  It was still raining at first!  That bungalow was a life saver.  Went to the lunch line, and the brothers on the serving line were doing their Caribbean rap and dancing and keeping the party going, even in that weather!   So cool.  And, when the sun came out.  OMG...  THAT was what I was there for!

On the last day, We found a protected spot on deck 16, outside of the Buffet.  And loved every minute!

Edited by PRINCESS Sweet Pea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Regal before Christmas before Covid.

And the staff had put together a huge rock concert show in the Piazza.   It was ROCKING!!!  Journey, Queen, and so much more.   I remember the Cruise Director Dan Falconer closing the show with "WALK THIS WAY!!!".

The best Princess Party Band that I have seen, EVER, is Xcite.  Now they are a party band!

Thank you so much for this incredible review and all the pictures you posted!

Do you have photos of the bar menus? We will be on the Regal in March and I’m really curious about the drink menus since we have the Plus Package. It will be our first time cruising with Princess.