Fight back home- boat arrives in MIA@ 6am

ginab4rose

Hi everyone: I just booked a cruise that will arrive back into Port in Miami at 6 AM on April 24. For people who have cruised before could you tell me what a reasonable expectation would be for the time of my return flight? I am purchasing flights separately. Do you think I would be to the airport by noon?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

1 hour ago, ginab4rose said:

Hi everyone: I just booked a cruise that will arrive back into Port in Miami at 6 AM on April 24. For people who have cruised before could you tell me what a reasonable expectation would be for the time of my return flight? I am purchasing flights separately. Do you think I would be to the airport by noon?

“Will” arrive and “does” arrive can be vastly different things. And scheduled “arrival” time may have little to do with actual “disembarkation” time.

Cruiselines almost always suggest flights after noon.

A 6am arrival...the ship will need to be "cleared".

The Miami cruise terminal is about a half hour drive...without major traffic.

We have taken flights as early as 11am and made it...no problems.

* Be aware that there may be more than one ship when you arrive. If there are several ships that morning...it can be a zoo both at the cruise terminal and airport.

We agree that it is wise to not book before noon.   A noon or later flight should be OK from either MIA or FLL (about 45 min from the Port of Miami).   Is it possible to make an earlier flight?  Yes, but it does add to one's anxiety.

Hank

19 hours ago, ginab4rose said:

Noon should be fine. I try to book my flights 1:00pm or later.

21 hours ago, ginab4rose said:

Do you think I would be to the airport by noon?

If you are talking about getting to the airport by noon, that is one thing; but getting on a flight leaving at noon (which stops boarding by 11:45) and means actually getting to the airport by no later than 10:45 to leave an hour to check in, clear security, and get to the gate is different. 

Anyway, yes  - you probably would have no problem getting to the airport by 10:30 or  so to get a noon flight