Port Everglades hotel recommendation

Egreg19

We are taking a princess cruise in April. We fly in a day before embarking and we fly home a day after disembarking. It’s our first time in the area so I’m unfamiliar and have a few questions for anyone more experienced.

1. does anyone have hotel recommendations that may have a airport shuttle as well as a cruise port shuttle? Or do most people do Uber etc. from hotel and cruise port?

2. Our flight home doesn’t leave until 7pm. Are there any hotels or resorts in the area we may be able to do a day pass and store our bags while we relax before leaving for our flight, or are we better off politely asking the hotel we stay at the night before to hold our bags while we find an activity for the afternoon before our flight?

thanks in advance!

Evan.

2 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd in downtown Fort Lauderdale is a wonderful hotel near plenty of great restaurants. It's literally a short fifteen minute ride over too Port Everglades. 

It is an excellent location.  Since OP is staying 2 nights and has more time for sightseeing:  the Riverside has a water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) stop, is less than a block to the Carrie B sightseeing cruises (www.carriebcruises.com), and is on the LauderGo - formerly the sun trolley - free shuttle route to the beach (https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle).

5 hours ago, Egreg19 said:

We are taking a princess cruise in April. We fly in a day before embarking and we fly home a day after disembarking. It’s our first time in the area so I’m unfamiliar and have a few questions for anyone more experienced.

1. does anyone have hotel recommendations that may have a airport shuttle as well as a cruise port shuttle? Or do most people do Uber etc. from hotel and cruise port?

2. Our flight home doesn’t leave until 7pm. Are there any hotels or resorts in the area we may be able to do a day pass and store our bags while we relax before leaving for our flight, or are we better off politely asking the hotel we stay at the night before to hold our bags while we find an activity for the afternoon before our flight?

thanks in advance!

Evan.

1. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.  Common advice here is to not focus on shuttles as the distances are short and a taxi should be cheap (under $20 from FLL to PE)

2. You can ask the hotel you stay at pre-cruise or check www.resortpass.com for hotels/resorts offering day passes to their pool/beach/spa facilities - tip them to store your bags while you swim, relax and grab lunch/drinks.

• Like 1

You can also try checking Hyatt Place rates with ValueTrips or directly with Hyatt as a member.

This hotel is a great location (just off 17th Street and behind Embassy Suites) right next to the Harbor Shopping center with a Publix Market, many shops and restaurants.

They offer a shuttle from FLL to their hotel (current price is $5.00 room charge not per person).

They do have a port shuttle but you can just take a taxi which will be easy, quick and less expensive.

They also will hold your luggage post cruise and may offer a day pass for you.

We will be staying at the Hyatt Place on 10th st this time.    I want to take a taxi to the port rather than the hotels shuttle.   I believe the cost of a taxi is less.     Are there taxis readily available at the hotel or do I have to call one?   Or can I have the desk call for a taxi?

Hyatt Place off 17th. st. is one of the best places to stay in Lauderdale if not wanting to be on the beach.  The 17th. street area is close to the port and the airport, within 10 min ride. We have been to it over 6 times now and have been to almost all of the hotels along 17th. street and like it the best.

10 hours ago, rjack22 said:

We will be staying at the Hyatt Place on 10th st this time.    I want to take a taxi to the port rather than the hotels shuttle.   I believe the cost of a taxi is less.     Are there taxis readily available at the hotel or do I have to call one?   Or can I have the desk call for a taxi?

Cost of taxi likely less, but the last time I had the front desk call one it never showed up!

taxis are usually a bit more than ubers/lyfts, but they don't have holiday surcharges. YMMV.

Our last trip was a total disaster in terms of waiting for a free shuttle. 2 hours later and we gave up and took a taxi to the hotel. The hotel was literally 4 blocks away, and we could have walked there in less than 2 hours.

Just pay $10-15 and save yourselves the aggravation.