Do You Use the Journey View while Cruising?

Rick&Jeannie

Personally, I HATE the way that you have to pan up, down, left, right just to try and find something.  We use the printed Patter; it's so much easier to just scan down the page at the events.  Or... here's a trick that many people are not aware:

Browse to shipname.princess.com

Example: If you are on the Regal:  regal.princess.com

You will be presented with the "old" web version that was in use for years before the app was even a glimmer.  SO much easier to navigate and find what you want!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Personally, I HATE the way that you have to pan up, down, left, right just to try and find something.  We use the printed Patter; it's so much easier to just scan down the page at the events.  Or... here's a trick that many people are not aware:

You will be presented with the "old" web version that was in use for years before the app was even a glimmer.  SO much easier to navigate and find what you want!

Totally agree.  Both are great suggestions.  

• Like 1

I use the printed Patter but mostly depend on the shipname.princess.com method. It's a much better listing than the pathetic Journey View. The only bummer is that one can no longer mark events in that view and save them as a list of activities to attend. If you try to do that it kicks you over to Journey View. I wish they had kept the full functionality of the web browser view but I'm still happy that I can get a listing that way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I use the printed Patter but mostly depend on the shipname.princess.com method. It's a much better listing than the pathetic Journey View. The only bummer is that one can no longer mark events in that view and save them as a list of activities to attend. If you try to do that it kicks you over to Journey View. I wish they had kept the full functionality of the web browser view but I'm still happy that I can get a listing that way.

Yes...I wish they had "left it alone" and maybe just let the web system's data "feed" the app...but then we're pretty sure the app devs have never even been on a ship, aren't we! 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I hate JourneyView!  We have taken to snapping a pic of the Paper Patter each day and referring to that.

• Like 1

I have mentioned how unfriendly the JourneyView format is on every survey I've completed since August 2021 (that's 6 now) and also when I've met people from Princess onboard who ask me what I think about the Medallion app.  Each time I've mentioned that a list view similar to what you would find on shipname.princess.com (aka Ocean Concierge) is much easier and said that if they really want to keep the JourneyView format why not have a user option for which format to display?  And this was only after some of the Princess folks have said that it works great on the TVs that they have by the elevators.  I told them that most people would be using it on their phones and it's clunky.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

And this was only after some of the Princess folks have said that it works great on the TVs that they have by the elevators.  I told them that most people would be using it on their phones and it's clunky.

I detest Journey View. I actually gave it a try on one of the big screens near the elevators to see if it was any better. Bleh... It was still a piece of garbage.

I'm a "technology all the way" kind of person, but Journey View is just unusable, absolutely hideous design. I loved the old web version, went through the night before and starred all the events I wanted to go to and away we went. We went old school this time and took a highlighted version of the Patter around with us - I haven't done that in donkey's years.

4 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

some people actually use a high lighter to mark what they are planning to attend.

I'm also a tech geek but as may wife and I  are concerned, this  is the best way to keep track of the onboard activities.

Edited by damiross
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

I use my iPad camera to photograph the daily paper patter.  It works and has instant response time. 

DW always folds the Patter and carries it with her.  I like the idea of scanning the Patter with iPad/ phone.  I'm going to try that next trip.  Thanks!