Club Class upgrade worth it?

lhsail

Realizing this is an opinion question, we are able to bid for an upgrade to Club Class for our upcoming Enchanted Princess cruise. The price is $165pp for 10 days. Is it worth the upgrade?  Right now the cruise does not show any CC cabins available, so unlikely we would be upgraded anyway. Any downside to CC, especially given our cabin would be assigned without choice?  Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Realizing this is an opinion question, we are able to bid for an upgrade to Club Class for our upcoming Enchanted Princess cruise. The price is $165pp for 10 days. Is it worth the upgrade?  Right now the cruise does not show any CC cabins available, so unlikely we would be upgraded anyway. Any downside to CC, especially given our cabin would be assigned without choice?  Thank you. 

This question turns up here on a regular basis, and it is, as you say, an opinion question. Most people like midship cabins, and most CC cabins are midship, mid-aft, mid-forward. The only exception to that is the Royal Class ships, which have four CC minis on high decks, all the way forward. If you're on a Royal Class ship and can't stand motion, then you probably shouldn't bid for the upgrade. Not likely you'd end up with one of these four, but it's always a mistake to confuse the unlikely with the impossible. If you're either not on a Royal Class ship or don't mind motion and you're fine with the cost, then I can't think of a downside. It's well worth it to us if we can get one of the four forward-facing CC minis on Royal Class ships since we like those cabins so much. It might or might not be worth it to us on one of the other class ships, although the immediate seating in the MDR is a big deal with my hubby. 

We have done CC only once (on the Sky) in early 2022.  We enjoyed it but the extra cost can be a turn off for some.  We will probably spring for it ay some point in the future...but we prefer to get more bang for our buck by maybe doing a longer cruise or a "better" itinerary.  You will probably get responses here from people who say they ONLY book CC.  Everybody has their own level or needs/wants.  CC cabins are always located on what is *generally* considered the "desirable" locations...you're not going to be down in the bowels of the ship! 😄

24 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Like others stated, it is an opinion.

My issue is, we like large balconies and sometimes the CC mini suite balcony is smaller.  That is exactly what kept me from booking or bidding on it for our last cruise.  

So, I always check the location of all the M1 CC Mini suites on my ship and the size of the balcony.  Also, the midship ones were completely uncovered. Not an issue for some guests.

• Like 1

We took our daughter and granddaughters on a short (7 day) cruise in Jan of 22.

i thought it would be a good opportunity to try CC. In general we don't like the mini suites in the middle of the ships (which is where CC is located)  because of the uncovered balconies but we thought 7 days might be a good test.

I recently asked our 7 year old granddaughter what her favorite part of the cruise was and she said  "Making my own Caesar salad with the Maitre D'". She would never have had that opportunity had we not booked CC.

So you never know what little extra touch may make your cruise special.

(Still don't like those uncovered balconies, though.)

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, I always check the location of all the M1 CC Mini suites on my ship and the size of the balcony.  Also, the midship ones were completely uncovered. Not an issue for some guests.

Is this true on the Royal class ships?  That would be a deal breaker. I spend a lot of time on the balcony. 

For us, the biggest plus of CC is the ability to walk into the dining room and be seated immediately.  The level of service in the dining room is also elevated as the ratio of servers per passenger is higher.

Unfortunately for us, we have been cruising frequently with friends/relatives and they have not opted for CC.  When we do travel by ourselves we usually opt for CC.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

are midship, mid-aft, mid-forward. The only exception to that is the Royal Class ships, which have four CC minis on high decks, all the way forward.

There is actually an option to bid on these for $130pp. Motion is not an issue for us, but not being able to use the balcony due to wind would be. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Is this true on the Royal class ships?  That would be a deal breaker. I spend a lot of time on the balcony. 

Take a look at the deck plans for your ship.

Here’s the Regal:

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=GP

Look at the M1 category (CC minis)

They are midship and some have an angled balcony, with a little more room. I wouldn’t mind those.  But, you don’t know which you would get with a bid. Quick look, believe on deck 11, 12 & 14.

Then, google for pictures of some of those cabins to see if they are covered, if that’s important or look at cruisedeckplans website.

6 minutes ago, lhsail said:

There is actually an option to bid on these for $130pp. Motion is not an issue for us, but not being able to use the balcony due to wind would be. 

I don’t see forward on the Regal or Royal as a CC mini.  Check your ship. You don’t say.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Yes, Enchanted 

Take a look at the deck plans.  I only see midship as CC mini. Again, looks like the angled balcony is bigger. Don’t know if you’d get it. Who knows?

What would be nice…if someone on here has stayed in one of those minis, could let you know how they compare in size?  IDK

I’m staying on the Dolphin deck.  Because look at your deck plans again.

See Dolphin decks that forward and aft cabins are twice as big.  These are not CC minis, they’re balcony cabins.

Now, this is not always important. The CC dining is much better because of…, No wait, go when you want.  Extra dish prepared usually on the side.  A couch in the room,

bath/shower …. So a lot to consider.

If I could get an angled balcony or if I knew the balcony was a decent size…I’d definitely bid. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

Having never done it, I would think that CC would be worthwhile for the dining situation alone. I am beyond frustrated with DMW. However, I believe I dislike showering in the bathtub in mini suites even more. So, for us, it wouldn’t be worth it. 

Now, if they sold CC dining benefits with inside through balcony staterooms…THAT would be well worth it to me.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Having never done it, I would think that CC would be worthwhile for the dining situation alone. I am beyond frustrated with DMW. However, I believe I dislike showering in the bathtub in mini suites even more. So, for us, it wouldn’t be worth it. 

Now, if they sold CC dining benefits with inside through balcony staterooms…THAT would be well worth it to me.  

agreed - we don't do mini's because of the shower/tub combo.  Now I know CC needs to be limited to preserve the 'exclusive' dining aspect, so maybe , maybe limited to deluxe or premium deluxe balconies.  Or just upgrade to 'the suite life' - like our one and only time so far🤑

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

The CC dining area is very small and needs to stay that way to keep the exclusive feeling. Plus the extra entrees, the personal service and no wait make it worthwhile for me 

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Coasty said:

We have only had Club Class dining (mini and full suites) since its inception and wouldn't consider anything else. We do miss having dinner at a large table with the same people every night.

We solved that problem - bring them with you!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lhsail said:

Wind is certainly an issue with these cc minis, but on our recent Alaska cruise on the Discovery in M107 I was nearly always able to find a place on the very large balcony that I could sit out of the wind. I imagine this will vary considerably, depending on where the ship is and where it's going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Looks like they renamed Club Class Mini

to Reserve Collection Mini Suite?  Hmmm

That’s the name on the New ship: Sun Princess 

I noticed that on our upcoming cruises. Hmmm indeed. I can't see that anything changes for cc minis on Royal Class ships, but there could be something in the works or I might have missed something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I noticed that on our upcoming cruises. Hmmm indeed. I can't see that anything changes for cc minis on Royal Class ships, but there could be something in the works or I might have missed something.

Might just be terminology for new bookings?

• Like 1