Vaccines and testing now required on some sailings

Markanddonna

I just received notice from a person on our sailing's FB page that we are now required to be fully vaccinated and tested for COVID before the sailing. Go to the top of Celebrity's website to find out if your sailing is affected. It appears that all transatlantic and transpacific sailings are among those.

Here's just a screen shot:

Vaccines

In order to sail on a Transatlantic or Transpacific crossing with us, we will require all guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated. 

COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail but are highly recommended to ensure a smoother vacation experience.  

Guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. 

Vaccines approved and accepted by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) will be considered valid. 

Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:

• Pfizer/Cominarty
  • Moderna/Spikevax 
  • Johnson & Johnson/Janssen
  • AstraZeneca/Covishield/Vaxzevria
  • Sinovac/Coronavac
  • Sinopharm/BBIBP-CorV
  • Covaxin
  • Nuvaxovid 

Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) will not be considered fully vaccinated.

Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding. 

Please plan to carry your vaccination documentation with you at all times while in port should local authorities or businesses request it to help facilitate entry and/or experiences.

Testing Requirements

Pre-Arrival Covid-19 Testing

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.  

Guests must present a negative antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing.

Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand.  

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. In addition, a vaccination card must also be presented.  We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.

Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. If applicable to your itinerary, you will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I just received notice from a person on our sailing's FB page that we are now required to be fully vaccinated and tested for COVID before the sailing. Go to the top of Celebrity's website to find out if your sailing is affected. It appears that all transatlantic and transpacific sailings are among those.

Vaccines

In order to sail on a Transatlantic or Transpacific crossing with us, we will require all guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated. 

COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail but are highly recommended to ensure a smoother vacation experience.  

Guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. 

Vaccines approved and accepted by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) will be considered valid. 

Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:

• Pfizer/Cominarty
  • Moderna/Spikevax 
  • Sinovac/Coronavac
  • Sinopharm/BBIBP-CorV
  • Covaxin
  • Nuvaxovid 

Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) will not be considered fully vaccinated.

Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding. 

Please plan to carry your vaccination documentation with you at all times while in port should local authorities or businesses request it to help facilitate entry and/or experiences.

Testing Requirements

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.  

Guests must present a negative antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing.

Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand.  

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. In addition, a vaccination card must also be presented.  We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.

Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. If applicable to your itinerary, you will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.

All this is well known and has not changed.  These are the exceptions to the no vaccine and no testing policy.  Certain countries (not many) still have requirements and certain sailings.  What is your ship and itinerary?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the link to the new Transatlantic and Transpacific testing requirements. It will be interesting to see how Celebrity handles the "monitored" testing requirement (no more than 2 days before embarkation) for those like us who are on a 3-day RT Eclipse cruise out of Sydney prior to its transpacific cruise.

Transatlantic Travel Requirements (celebritycruises.com)

For that 3-day cruise we only had to do a "self-monitored" test prior to boarding.

Australia New Zealand Travel Requirements (celebritycruises.com)

Edited by Ken the cruiser

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Vaccines

• Pfizer/Cominarty
  • Moderna/Spikevax 
  • Sinovac/Coronavac
  • Sinopharm/BBIBP-CorV
  • Covaxin
  • Nuvaxovid 

Testing Requirements

This not breaking news, it is not even new news, I went on a TA from Rome in late Oct and it was in place then.  Nothing to see here, move along...

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

This not breaking news, it is not even new news, I went on a TA from Rome in late Oct and it was in place then.  Nothing to see here, move along...

If I might ask then. If the transatlantic/transpacific "monitored" testing rules have been in place for awhile, does Celebrity provide complimentary tests prior to transition day if you're on a B2B with the TA/TP cruise being the second leg?

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you are on a B2B which requires testing for a subsequent leg Celebrity will test you onboard without a cost to you.  At least that is the way it has always been handled in the past.

That's the way it was handled on all of our previous Celebrity B2Bs prior to the rules being relaxed. It's funny, though, we've had this TP booked for quite some time now and never saw the COVID testing requirement until today for TP cruises. That doesn't mean, of course, they weren't there. In addition, the heading on the TA/TP link is as of 3 days ago. But, you're probably correct, they should be providing complementary tests if we're already on the ship. Another good reason to have booked the 3-day cruise prior to the TP. 😉

Transatlantic & Transpacific Travel Requirements as of

January 11, 2023

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

What country on a transatlantic itinerary is actually requiring this at the present time?

In the case of TA's, it is not the specific country requiring it, it is Celebrity.  It is all available on their website, very recently updated.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It appears that the first people to hear just recently were those whose travel agents alerted them. We just paid for the cruise in full and they have my email, but Celebrity didn't send me this update.

Edited by Markanddonna

1 minute ago, Markanddonna said:

It appears that the first people to hear just recently were those whose travel agents alerted them. We just paid for the cruise in full and they have my email, but Celebrity didn't send me this update.

Just curious where you are sailing from?

Just now, Markanddonna said:

Tampa to Barcelona

I boarded in Rome this past October.  I was surprised even then, that they were still requiring this, though it was easy to get the test at a pharmacy in Civitecchia.  Seems silly esp. since you board in FL and def not required there, but neither is it in Spain.  On my cruise, all of the crew had to wear a mask for the entire 14 days, they were not pleased but accepted it for what it is.  Masks were not required for passengers, though some wore em...I did not don one for the entirety of the cruise, though any time I left the ship I had one with me, just never knew if someplace we went may require it, didn't happen though.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask then. If the transatlantic/transpacific "monitored" testing rules have been in place for awhile, does Celebrity provide complimentary tests prior to transition day if you're on a B2B with the TA/TP cruise being the second leg?

Typical Celebrity with confusing requirements

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That will be a good question.    From my reading of the website we will be required to have a monitored test at least 2 days prior to Departure on the TP/TA leg.    We will also be on a B2B for Apex the first cruise being a Key West Cruise.    We still have a number of BenaxNow monitored test kits so guess I'll just bring them along and if necessary do it on the ship if necessary.  

Since we are still about 3 months away am sure more information will be provided before we need to panic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserRob said:

Typical Celebrity with confusing requirements

It sure sounds like a self-administered antigen test will do the job. 😂