Carnival Firenze

Eli_6

Reposting since Mods moved my original post to the Crystal Cruises pages for some inexplicable reason.

I looked on Costa's website (who the Firenze is sailing for ONLY until January) and it appears that her last sailing is January 21, 2024 with Costa.  She will be converted from a Costa ship to a Carnival ship. How long do yall think the conversion will take?  (I would guess the Venezia would give us an idea--anyone know how long she is in dry dock?) Do you think there will be a transatlantic and/or panama canal transit to get the ship from Europe to Long Beach after the conversion?  

Mods: This post IS Carnival related.  In case you don't know, the Costa Firenze has been sold to Carnival and I am asking about her future CARNIVAL SAILINGS so there is no reason to move this to another page.  And, in any event, Crystal Cruises has nothing to do with Carnival or Costa.

Edited by Eli_6

I would think the conversion would only take 30-60 days as it wouldn’t required major changes and there would be hardware and decore already ordered and ready for install. The only thing that seems beyond superficial changes would be installing a skyride.  And adding hot tubs to the Terrazza and Serenity areas.

What I want to know is the Terrazza outdoor area is not going to be exclusive for Terrazza  cabins only? Because I’m not interested in sailing on a Vista class ship without the exclusivity offered to Havana staterooms. At the 18:19 mark of the Christina Duffy interview she alludes that these ships will not have exclusive outdoor experience like the Havana areas on other ships 

Edited by bdever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bdever said:

I would be shocked if they offered a transatlantic sailing going through the Panama Canal, but maybe they will offer one going to Florida?

That's what I was hoping for.  I doubt they will do a Panama Canal transit cruise. On my other post that was moved, someone pointed out that they took the Panorama to Long Beach without a TA so they may do the same for this ship...especially since she can't go through the Panama Canal because of hanging life boats and it seems unlikely they would take a ship around the horn of South America with passengers. 

I suppose they may be doing last minute renovations while sailing her and training the staff.  Hard to know. 

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

That's what I was hoping for.  I doubt they will do a Panama Canal transit cruise. On my other post that was moved, someone pointed out that they took the Panorama to Long Beach without a TA so they may do the same for this ship...especially since she can't go through the Panama Canal because of hanging life boats and it seems unlikely they would take a ship around the horn of South America with passengers. 

I suppose they may be doing last minute renovations while sailing her and training the staff.  Hard to know. 

Au contraire…they took CARNIVAL SPLENDOR around South America with passengers…before the new locks were open.  EM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Au contraire…they took CARNIVAL SPLENDOR around South America with passengers…before the new locks were open.  EM

Oh wow!  That sounds like a cool cruise. 

I'm really hoping for a TA for the Firenze. I hope they announce future sailings from Long Beach soon, and praying they pick up some new itineraries. It would be great to see Zihuatanejo, Acapulco, Huatulco, or anything other than Ensenada and Catalina. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

That was a 49 day cruise, though you could buy if I remember correctly,  4 or 5 different segments. 😎

• Like 3

Go CCL (https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8841/~/carnival-venezia-(vx)-ship-features-and-public-areas) lists the following:

Terrazza Carnevale - Outdoor Area
Hours:  hours are listed in the HUB App
  • Exclusive use for guests occupying the Terrazza Carnevale staterooms during the day; open to all guests in the evening
  • A terraced deck featuring comfortable sofas, private alcoves and Hot Tub Spas (2)
  • At night, a chic rooftop bar under the stars 
  • Beverage Service ($)
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Go CCL (https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8841/~/carnival-venezia-(vx)-ship-features-and-public-areas) lists the following:

• Exclusive use for guests occupying the Terrazza Carnevale staterooms during the day; open to all guests in the evening
  • A terraced deck featuring comfortable sofas, private alcoves and Hot Tub Spas (2)
  • Beverage Service ($)

For the price, for us, it would be a hard no. Especially with no pool. 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Incidentally, after some fun on the Crystal board, the original thread got moved again…to the Costa board…

I saw that. They were giving me a hard time about posting in the wrong forum and I was like, "I didn't post in this forum...my post got moved here." My guess is the mod meant to move my post to the Costa board and accidentally moved it to Crystal instead. 

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

That was a 49 day cruise, though you could buy if I remember correctly,  4 or 5 different segments. 😎

Oh wow! Yeah, I doubt we would be taking a 49-day cruise.  I once looked at the Princess "around the world" cruises (or at least considered a segment of it) that goes in the summer when my kids are out of school, but my husband says he can't be away from his business that long.  There is no way I am taking a super long cruise with two active boys without my husband.  We were in the UK (between land and cruise) for about 3-3.5 weeks last summer and I was really ready to get home by the end of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tidecat said:

• Beverage Service ($)

Yeah, with it being open to the public in the evenings and no pool, that makes the price seem high.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Yeah, with it being open to the public in the evenings and no pool, that makes the price seem high.  

I'm sure there's some value in having that space during New York sailaways, but Firenze isn't going to have that out of Looooooong Beach.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 2:59 PM, bdever said:

What I want to know is the Terrazza outdoor area is not going to be exclusive for Terrazza  cabins only? Because I’m not interested in sailing on a Vista class ship without the exclusivity offered to Havana staterooms. At the 18:19 mark of the Christina Duffy interview she alludes that these ships will not have exclusive outdoor experience like the Havana areas on other ships 

This is (so far) correct according to goccl. In the beginning, Carnival implied it would be similar to Havana and completely private. They will have lots of annoyed (and possibly angry) people if they do not make it totally private. I have 4 bookings in the Terrazza area, and definitely prefer the totally private experience in Havana. Time will tell if Carnival changes this. 

• Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 9:20 PM, Beach_gal said:

I'm really hoping for a TA for the Firenze. I hope they announce future sailings from Long Beach soon, and praying they pick up some new itineraries. It would be great to see Zihuatanejo, Acapulco, Huatulco, or anything other than Ensenada and Catalina. 

I personally dont think you will ever see Acapulco again from Carnival. Too much of a negative connotation with cruisers from the U.S. But... NCL has some ships that are heading there, so perhaps I am incorrect. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

• 2 months later...

Carnival must be getting ready to officially release the sailing dates. The dates have been posted on the Carnival Hub App today for selection under Carnival Firenze. The dates posted in the Carnival Hub App are for May 2024 - April 2025 are listed here, but are tentative until Carnival officially releases since what is in the Hub App may not always be 100% correct. With the dates currently listed in the app May 2, 2024 may be the first cruise. 

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-firenze-2024-and-2025-sailing-dates 

CCLHubApp1.thumb.png.221de9aa35cb3ec318b4decb0a3a9ec1.png

CCLHubApp2.thumb.png.59256058bcb17351353f3008b5d58d06.png

I wonder if they will make an announcement and open cruises on the booking engine early next week. 

• Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 3:50 PM, Essiesmom said:

Twice as I recall. I was on the middle leg of the first one. Splendor has also been through the new locks - I was on one of those.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, Jamman54 said:

3 segments. People were ending up with $750 shareholder OBC for a b2b2b!

• Like 2

So May 2, 2024 is first anticipated date to book. Makes me happy, have a 15 day Miracle out of Long Beach 4/6/24 and there’s a few of us that were discussing the possibility of having the Firenze substituting the Miracle since we’re nearly sold out already. Majority conclude we want the smaller ship for our voyage. I do wish she was doing longer cruises though, If I’m going to fly in for a cruise it needs to be a longer voyage. 

EDIT: Never mind. I clicked on the link above and the first sailings are 5 day so guessing they aren't a TA.

Thanks for posting that it is on the Hub App. What is the May 2nd cruise?  Is it a TA or just a cruise out of Long Beach?  I am on my laptop and don't have the hub app...and the Firenze is not showing up on the Carnival website. 

Edited by Eli_6

On 1/14/2023 at 2:30 PM, Eli_6 said:

Reposting since Mods moved my original post to the Crystal Cruises pages for some inexplicable reason.

I looked on Costa's website (who the Firenze is sailing for ONLY until January) and it appears that her last sailing is January 21, 2024 with Costa.  She will be converted from a Costa ship to a Carnival ship. How long do yall think the conversion will take?  (I would guess the Venezia would give us an idea--anyone know how long she is in dry dock?) Do you think there will be a transatlantic and/or panama canal transit to get the ship from Europe to Long Beach after the conversion?  

Mods: This post IS Carnival related.  In case you don't know, the Costa Firenze has been sold to Carnival and I am asking about her future CARNIVAL SAILINGS so there is no reason to move this to another page.  And, in any event, Crystal Cruises has nothing to do with Carnival or Costa.

I am actually sailing on the Venezia.  She is due to start US sailings from Manhattan year-round this June.  I'm not sailing on her until April 2024.  The last I heard was that Firenze is going to start US I believe Fall of next year (I could be wrong).

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 7:20 PM, Beach_gal said:

Would so love to go to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo again. 

• Like 1