manhatta terminal - hotel help

hollon

42 minutes ago, hollon said:

I'm looking for good hotels that cruise out of manhatta cruise terminal - any suggestions in walking distances to restaurants, etc. 

Everything is distance from the MCT.

Russian Tea Room, Brooklyn Diner, La Bon Soup, to name few

1 hour ago, hollon said:

I'm looking for good hotels that cruise out of manhatta cruise terminal - any suggestions in walking distances to restaurants, etc. 

Hundreds of hotels in Manhattan and many are just a short taxi ride from the cruise terminal so there's no need to be very close. Good restaurants are everywhere...it would be hard to find a hotel that is very far from someplace good to eat. 

Are you just staying in Manhattan for one night or several?

If you want to be within walking distance of the cruise terminal, the best hotel is probably Ink48 . There are also a couple of chain hotels on West 48th St. ...Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn that are OK for a one night stay.

5 hours ago, hollon said:

We need a lot more info from you to even begin to make a suggestion-- there are hundreds of hotels within a short distance of the MCT that range from a couple hundred a night to several thousands and everything in between. 

20 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Hundreds of hotels in Manhattan and many are just a short taxi ride from the cruise terminal so there's no need to be very close. Good restaurants are everywhere...it would be hard to find a hotel that is very far from someplace good to eat. 

Are you just staying in Manhattan for one night or several?

If you want to be within walking distance of the cruise terminal, the best hotel is probably Ink48 . There are also a couple of chain hotels on West 48th St. ...Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn that are OK for a one night stay.

yes, it'll be just for one night. we will fly in and then just look for a place to eat, so we won't have time to look around really, but want a nice clean hotel, even though it's for one night 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a hotel for a cruise in September from New York.  We will be there a couple of days before the cruise.  I am looking at the Courtyard Marriott Manhattan/Central Park  and RIU Plaza Manhattan.  Any other recommendations,  thank you. 

Edited by rwest898

On 2/1/2023 at 7:51 PM, rwest898 said:

I'm also looking for a hotel for a cruise in September from New York.  We will be there a couple of days before the cruise.  I am looking at the Courtyard Marriott Manhattan/Central Park  and RIU Plaza Manhattan.  Any other recommendations,  thank you. 

I looked on Google Maps. Both properties are fine. The RIU is very close to Rock Centre. You could walk around, even look at the Today Show before going to the pier. Plenty of places to eat around there. 

The Marriott nothing really around there to see. I guess you could take a walk to Central Park but it’s not that close. 

It is well reviewed on TripAdvisor, but it is close to the Hudson River, but not close to transit and city attractions.  For one night before a cruise, sure, I'd stay there.  For more than that?  Stay near attractions and have a slightly longer journey for the one trip to the ship

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

It is well reviewed on TripAdvisor, but it is close to the Hudson River, but not close to transit and city attractions.  For one night before a cruise, sure, I'd stay there.  For more than that?  Stay near attractions and have a slightly longer journey for the one trip to the ship

You need to decide if your focus is 100% on the cruise - or if you are willing to take advantage of peripherals - like an amazing port from which you sail.  There are many folks who will fly across the Atlantic for a Mediterranean cruise -- and will not consider adding a couple of days to take in Rome, or Barcelona, or Athens, or you name it.  

On 2/8/2023 at 5:13 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Ink48 looks very interesting.  Love the rooftop bar and very close to Pier 88 cruiseport.

Has anyone stayed there?

We stayed at Ink 48 just prior to Covid. We loved it. We walked with luggage to port, no problems.  But the best parts were the restaurant and rooftop bar. The restaurant, Print, while pricey (like any NY restaurant) but was incredible. The rooftop bar was fun, drinks good. The hotel is a short walk to other restaurants and just out of the busiest, noisy areas. We are cruising out of NY again in Oct and will definitely stay here. 

• Thanks 1