Does Classic Beverage Package Now Include ALL Zero Proof Drinks?

NorthStarStateCruiser

Can anyone sailing now or within the past couple of weeks confirm whether the classic beverage package includes all non-alcoholic beverages like it states in the cruise planner? Previously the classic package didn't include "premium" non-alcoholic drinks like red bull, spa Cafe juices, etc. I know this was discussed in another thread, but I don't know if it was confirmed by someone onboard.

Thanks in advance!

Bullet point from the classic beverage package description in the cruise planner:

• Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen

10 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

If you look in the website which has been updated to reflect the new packages the information is different . It doesn’t include premier water and vitamin drinks etc , just the basics as before 

I get what you're saying, but the classic beverage package description on the cruise planner was also modified recently to include the zero proof section.  I guess what I'm trying to figure out is which one of the two was updated incorrectly, the website or the cruise planner.

The only way of knowing this is from someone who is sailing now or has sailed since the change.  Calling someone on the phone would likely net you different answers and the website descriptions are contradictory. 

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

If you look in the website which has been updated to reflect the new packages the information is different . It doesn’t include premier water and vitamin drinks etc , just the basics as before 

The Cruiser Planner shows Zero Proof is included. I also haven't seen a single post saying someone with Classic got charged for an Evian, etc. so I am lead to believe that it is included as shown here.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 2.43.07 PM.png

Edited by paulh84

The reason why this is noteworthy is that if the classic beverage package includes all zero-proof drinks, then the only differentiator between the classic and premium package is the dollar limit on alcoholic drinks.  Previously, there was more to differentiate the two.  I feel customers are going to be less inclined to upgrade to the premium package since all those premium non-alcoholic beverage are now included in their classic package.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The reason why this is noteworthy is that if the classic beverage package includes all zero-proof drinks, then the only differentiator between the classic and premium package is the dollar limit on alcoholic drinks.  Previously, there was more to differentiate the two.  I feel customers are going to be less inclined to upgrade to the premium package since all those premium non-alcoholic beverage are now included in their classic package.

6 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If Celebrity is cutting costs why are they including more beverages in the standard (classic) beverage package?   When we had it, pre epidemic, premium bottled waters were not included neither were beer brands other than Budweiser and Miller.   

Cannot speak about water, but there is no change in beers covered.  Newcastle and Strongbow for example have always been covered.  Many craft beers were never covered and are still not.  

19 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If Celebrity is cutting costs why are they including more beverages in the standard (classic) beverage package?   When we had it, pre epidemic, premium bottled waters were not included neither were beer brands other than Budweiser and Miller.   

Agreed, that leaves me to believe it's a mistake in the cruise planner.

3 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

When I look at the Celebrity's page about drink packages, I don't see a single reference to non-alcoholic drinks being included for the classic beverage packages.  Are you seeing something with detail on what non-alcohol drinks that are still included?

I suspect nothing has changed related to this question but I don't see anything on the website that actually answers this question.

6 minutes ago, prmssk said:

When I look at the Celebrity's page about drink packages, I don't see a single reference to non-alcoholic drinks being included for the classic beverage packages.  Are you seeing something with detail on what non-alcohol drinks that are still included?

I suspect nothing has changed related to this question but I don't see anything on the website that actually answers this question.

Not sure if it helps, when I go into my cruise planner to 'purchase' a package under classic and premium it shows

"Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen"

Edited by Lena11033
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Not sure if it helps, when I go into my cruise planner to 'purchase' a package under classic and premium it shows

"Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen"

I see what you see in my cruise planner but that contradicts what the classic package has traditionally included and it contradicts what @CruiseCrew123 mentions seeing on the website.  I suspect the cruise planner is wrong and the classic package still doesn't include things like the fancy waters, Red Bull, and I think one or two other things that in the past have been only included in the premium package.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

I see what you see in my cruise planner but that contradicts what the classic package has traditionally included and it contradicts what @CruiseCrew123 mentions seeing on the website.  I suspect the cruise planner is wrong and the classic package still doesn't include things like the fancy waters, Red Bull, and I think one or two other things that in the past have been only included in the premium package.  

I see what you are saying, shocker the website contradicts itself lol

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If Celebrity is cutting costs why are they including more beverages in the standard (classic) beverage package?

Because they probably laid off the person that proof reads the website copy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stellarose said:

so I can get spa juices on classic. I might print that page and give it to bartenders.

Spa smoothies have never been a part of the classic package.  There was even a notice in the package that they were excluded. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Because they probably laid off the person that proof reads the website copy.

Several years ago lol

Also the clue is in the title of the new drinks package 'zero proof' - nobody checked it! 

• Haha 1