Any one else noticing the cruise line ads all over the N.F.L . playoffs. What do you think of them.

dolittle

This is not my first post about cruise line T.V. commercial. Many of you do not care about this element of cruising ,fell free to not join to tell me how much you do not care. The ads interest me because it tells you what the cruise line wants to be(what they want you to think they are) , It seems almost all of the M.Ms have spent big money on the big games, to me the best (as usual ) is Royal Caribbean they have always been the best and still are it looks like good active family fun. Xs are as usual unfocused with a truly awful theme song . The new Princess ads with people singing the loveboat song are fun and kind of corny at the same time. M.S.C. fairly new to T.V. ads are pretty straight forward and are visually well done. Carnival as usual is the slacker (B.T.W. I like Carnival) always look like they are from the 90s and gimiks that don't work like Shaq (thankful that is done). Holland is well ''Holland'' beautiful older couples dressed well and loving each other .What do you guys think do they sway you to one line or another and do they get people to take the plunge for first time. 

No I am not swayed to another line.  Like most TV ads, I tune them out.   I would guess they drum up new business.  I don't think that kind of money is spent without a pretty good understanding of the benefits.    

I once watched them film what must have been an ad featuring food.  There were cameras and a small roped off area of the buffet line showing a cornucopia of fabulous food.   That food had nothing to do with what was actually made available to passengers.    

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

It was available to you if you were willing to jump the barriers and grab it 🙂

Explains that guy running down the promenade deck with a "lechon" in his arms.  😁

7 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I don't watch NFL games anymore, but I have seen the commercials.  I really like the new Virgin commercials.  

The one before these with the kids singing about not being able to cruise was very good also.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:17 PM, dolittle said:

What do you guys think do they sway you to one line or another and do they get people to take the plunge for first time. 

It's just interesting to me that, as you said, we see so many of them. For certain games there are almost as many as automobile commercials. The ads don't sway me, since I spend time researching what makes sense to me. But I think the Virgin Voyages ads are impressive and appealing, although it's not a line we will probably choose. So far our favorites are Holland America and sometimes Viking.