CHEATED OUT OF OBC FROM HOLLAND AMERICA

richrhon1

11 hours ago, ldtr said:

1. itinerary

2. Value

3 Price 

are my primary criteria. 

We also add the expectation 80% will go right; but 20% probably will not. This is not and never was a  pampering, luxury cruise line. It was always an exceptional travel experience cruise line with a wonderful intimacy and familiarity. Which made it a lot easier to forgive the 20% glitches. We can all add to the stories of both large and small ones.

But the overall balance came when far more often we got back well over 120+% value so many times to make up for the 20% that indeed did miss a mark.  Yes, "ship happens" is what we would always conclude.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Apparently you are immuned from the thieves that steal from people which you have used to describe HAL in several posts on this thread.

Can't be robbed until my cruise as I purchased and paid in full the same day.  I have 30 days to go!!!

Reading about canceled exc, cabana and removing OBC, I have set my expectations appropriately low.

31 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

Can't be robbed until my cruise as I purchased and paid in full the same day.  I have 30 days to go!!!

Reading about canceled exc, cabana and removing OBC, I have set my expectations appropriately low.

You'll have a great time. As I said earlier if HAL was screwing people out of OBC there would be at minimum 100 posts about it on here every week. There had to be some sort of miscommunication there. Alot of members here were much happier with the HAL of the past instead of the HAL of the present. Things change. I have to pump my own gas now. Didn't have to 40 years ago. HAL felt the old business model was not sustainable. Who knows if the new business model is. It seems their ships are filling up again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I think that mine did not get forwarded.  I have looked through everything I have received.

leerathje - What you are showing is from a Holland American TA.  My travel agent is from an outside agency.

What @leerathjeshowed is the 'Guest Copy' that the travel agent receives from HAL. In my experience outside agencies and even some PCCs don't provide the 'Guest Copy' unless you know about it and push them to send it. Before I settled on my current agent I had several that didn't know what I was talking about and seemed unable to provide it. My current agent knows that I want to see it and sends one each time there is a change

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

leerathje - What you are showing is from a Holland American TA.  My travel agent is from an outside agency.

Nope. My TA works for a nationwide Canadian travel agency.

L.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

What @leerathjeshowed is the 'Guest Copy' that the travel agent receives from HAL. In my experience outside agencies and even some PCCs don't provide the 'Guest Copy' unless you know about it and push them to send it. Before I settled on my current agent I had several that didn't know what I was talking about and seemed unable to provide it. My current agent knows that I want to see it and sends one each time there is a change

My agent said they are the best breakdown to send....every credit, all the promos....all shown.

Leanne

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leerathje said:

This is EXACTLY what I get from my TA (her name blocked out, and our fare blocked out) when we pay our deposit.  Page 1 shows my OBC, page 2 shows our promos.

L.

p1.JPG

p2.JPG

p3.JPG

p4.JPG

That is the official HAL invoice I was referring to.  I receive it both from my TA and attached to the welcome back email from HAL 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, richwmn said:

7 hours ago, leerathje said:

Nope. My TA works for a nationwide Canadian travel agency.

L.

My apologies!!!  I saw "Your Travel Advisor", typed at the top of the page, along with the HAL letter head, and assumed incorrectly.

Going to contact my TA about Club Orange and will also ask her to send the "Guest Copy".

Thank you all!  To the OP, hope you get satisfaction form your travel agent.

On 1/19/2023 at 6:55 AM, mfanderso said:

I had something like this happen to me recently. We booked a cruise for June 2024 and my TA sent me the HAL Confirmation which showed $700 OBC. I had to contact HAL to get my husband’s military OBC sorted out. A few weeks later my TA sent me a new HAL confirmation and the OBC had been reduced to $500. It should have been $800 since the military OBC had been added. My TA contacted HAL and they added $150 that had been left off but refused to add the other $150 because there had been a change in offers. We had made no changes to the booking at all. My TA is giving us the missing $150. 

Interesting.  If HAL can change their mind on their deals, do we get to too?  Get onboard the ship, "I know I agreed to 3 nights at Pinnacle Grill for $46 each, but there's been a change effective last month, we're now now paying $34 per night."

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

That's why you're at $150K instead of $140K. 

Ah.  Nope.  United, Marriott, Hilton, Westin, Hyatt non of them have screwed up even a penny.  All accounted for ten years (as far back as I keep records). likely longer.  Double checked by me, wife, boss and CFO.

All travel venders supply me a formal itinerary in PDF that comes from their computer system listing all services provided, not some hand typed mumbo jumbo that any human could mistype.

I think it was an accident by the travel agent and not by HAL. I was on the same cruise where we were promised $300 OBC, $150 to each of us. The same day I booked the cruise I received an invoice from HAL showing the OBC so there could be no mistake. Fares and offers change rapidly and people booking the same day frequently pay different fares for the same category cabins. Your TA may have booked after the offer ended or misread the offer in the first place. Did you go to HAL's website when you booked the cruise to see if it said the same OBC your TA said?

Below is a copy of my invoice for that cruise showing they offered $300 OBC and that we received it.

halinvoice.thumb.jpg.ad6654d250db7ada76934f48e258757c.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bdd123 said:

Ah.  Nope.  United, Marriott, Hilton, Westin, Hyatt non of them have screwed up even a penny.  All accounted for ten years (as far back as I keep records). likely longer.  Double checked by me, wife, boss and CFO.

All travel venders supply me a formal itinerary in PDF that comes from their computer system listing all services provided, not some hand typed mumbo jumbo that any human could mistype.

As you can see from several other posters we receive a formal itinerary in PDF. Did you book thru HAL? Did you utilize the services of a PCC? An experienced traveler such as yourself should have no issue obtaining a formal itinerary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

. Did you go to HAL's website when you booked the cruise to see if it said the same OBC your TA said?

Below is a copy of my invoice for that cruise showing they offered $300 OBC and that we received it.

halinvoice.thumb.jpg.ad6654d250db7ada76934f48e258757c.jpg

Hi, I also received this copy from our TA - but can you tell me where I can find this information in the website ?

I find the in inclueded tamarind and pinnacle and the 200$ for shore excursions. But not my OBC.

thanks 🙂

3 hours ago, JanDom said:

Hi, I also received this copy from our TA - but can you tell me where I can find this information in the website ?

I find the in inclueded tamarind and pinnacle and the 200$ for shore excursions. But not my OBC.

thanks 🙂

If you log into your account on the HAL website and go to 'My Bookings' then select 'Manage My Cruise'  You will see 'Promotional Credits' on the 'Itinerary' page.  This is where you will see Dining and Excursion credits.  Next, if you select 'Travel Planning' and 'PrePay Crew Appreciation', it will mention if you have prepaid tips.

I have not yet found anywhere that mentions if Internet is purchased or if you have OBC.

The only place to find the OBC is on page 1 of the Booking Confirmation, at the last line of 'Guest Information'.......where is shows Onboard Credit (USD).  If that is blank then you do not have OBC.

25 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

If you log into your account on the HAL website and go to 'My Bookings' then select 'Manage My Cruise'  You will see 'Promotional Credits' on the 'Itinerary' page.  This is where you will see Dining and Excursion credits.  Next, if you select 'Travel Planning' and 'PrePay Crew Appreciation', it will mention if you have prepaid tips.

I have not yet found anywhere that mentions if Internet is purchased or if you have OBC.

The only place to find the OBC is on page 1 of the Booking Confirmation, at the last line of 'Guest Information'.......where is shows Onboard Credit (USD).  If that is blank then you do not have OBC.

Thank you. 
On our booking confirmations it shows Onboard Credit (USD) per person. 
But I also could not find this in my booking online. There I only can see these things you mentioned.

Because we have a lot of OBC we won‘t pay anything in advance and will use it for the crew Appreciation and spa 😉

3 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Where can I find out what shore excursions and dinner reservations I have booked?  I have emails for all but one excursion.  Can not find mention of it anywhere, and I do not have an email.

Mine are listed in the Navigator app under Plan/My Itinerary and on the website under Itinerary.

• Thanks 1

Thank you...such a big help!  I never clicked on Itinerary because I thought that only showed where we were cruising to...which I already knew.  And even after clicking on Itinerary, I still had to click on a smaller box that says Itinerary, which I almost missed.   I don't know why finding things has to be so difficult and hidden in so many subtitles.  What ever happened to simple buttons like Booked Excursions, Booked Dining, or Excursion Reservations, Dining Reservations, etc.!

• Like 3