1-19- 23 WEIGH IN

Izena

Belle I don’t know how you sail so long - you must be a fish.   

Break welcome I joined this group at 216 had already lost 10 lbs.  set small goals,  luckily  I’m able to walk so have been walking 2x day with dog.   Lowest weight achieved has been 123.  

im still struggling with sweets - went shopping and store didn’t carry half of advertised specials.  Soo I bought peppermint ice cream (immediately ate 2 bowls -so quickly put the rest of  container in the sink and filled it with water). Also bought discounted package of bakery cookies ate three - before the ice cream, so when drowning the ice cream I threw in the cookies.  This is the life of a sugar addict LOL. 

My goal is to get back to 123 - so have 7 lbs to go.   Thanks to this site I’ve caught the issue early.

Izena - thanks for starting the thread.  I have been trying to be good about eating healthy.  DH unfortunately gave me a can of chocolate covered raisins (girl scouts) I think I ate about half of them before I even realized how many I had eaten .... I too have to stay away from sweets .... I only eat one and then one more and then one more ... and on and on.  It never seems like a lot until I see the empty can.  

I have kind of been off food this week .... I made homemade chili the other night and it just tasted really odd.  I always have creamy tomato soup for lunch (campbell's one serving soups) and that tasted odd too ... ended up throwing the soup away.  I really don't have much desire to eat although I do like to have a glass or two of wine in the evenings.  I'm trying to cut back on that too.   

I am down 0.8# this week.  I thought I would have a gain as I had a loss last week (I seem to yo-yo all the time).  I would still like to lose 25# - could stand to lose a lot more than that, but would be happy with that.  One of these days perhaps I will get the motivation.

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Hello Izena and Jan--SWEETS are my downfall too!

Izena thanks for starting the site each week. Maybe I am part fish, in younger years

loved to swim in the river, ocean. Now just just love to be on top of it in my older years.

You've done so well with your weight loss and walking and never giving up.

(don't know if could throw the ice cream away, cookies yes)

Jan sorry your taste buds are not working or those foods just threw you off for awhile.

I love tomato soup too. Sorry about the chili too. Not eating might be good for weight

loss but not healthy.  Glad your wine tasting buds still work, grapes are healthy!😀

Don't think I'm doing as well on my eating as in the pass. Different things have come up

and I seem to be eating more. Time will tell.

I just made an appointment for an over priced mani/pedi since I won money. Decided to

do it. My toes are bad but I'll never see the lady again. Use to go at home before covid.

Doing myself not working well. So if go back to regular person toes won't be so bad.

Hope everyone that comes in had a good week.

Hi All....Back on dry land too!  Stayed the same on this b2b.  That's good but not too good in that I had gained before we got on.  Next cruise on the 28th of this month.  Just a few days to be good.  Glad you won Belle.  Mine did not work out as well😄.  Maybe better luck on the upcoming one.  Hope everyone has a good week this week....Susan

• Like 1

Nice to see you three---

Izena, Jan, Susan--

BUT---

Where is everyone else?  Ours friends haven't been on for awhile.

Cruising, sick, lazy, not dieting at this time (no excuse) 

Whatever---

WE MISS YOU

• Like 1

Greetings,

In one year from yesterday (Jan 20, 2024) we will be sailing the Carnival Jubilee (booked back in February).  At the start of August my wife and I started focusing on eating better and weight loss.  I set a personal goal to ride that "Bolt" rollercoastster (knowing I had a long way to go).  Through Halloween, Thanksgiving and the holiday season I had some struggle but am getting back focused.  

This week I dropped .8 pounds and now sit 1.4 pounds away from the weight limit.  Hooray, almost there.  Since I have so much time and could use the motivation I am setting another goal to be able to do horseback riding in one of the ports with my youngest kiddo who loves, loves, loves animals.  So another 60 pounds in 363 days.

Starting weight 387.8 , current weght 301.4 goal (horseback riding weight) 240

On 1/19/2023 at 6:45 PM, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Hi All....Back on dry land too!  Stayed the same on this b2b.  That's good but not too good in that I had gained before we got on.  Next cruise on the 28th of this month.  Just a few days to be good.  Glad you won Belle.  Mine did not work out as well😄.  Maybe better luck on the upcoming one.  Hope everyone has a good week this week....Susan

Oooh, have a great cruise!

On 1/19/2023 at 2:44 PM, Belle said:

Don't think I'm doing as well on my eating as in the pass. Different things have come up

and I seem to be eating more. Time will tell.

I just made an appointment for an over priced mani/pedi since I won money. Decided to

do it. My toes are bad but I'll never see the lady again. Use to go at home before covid.

Doing myself not working well. So if go back to regular person toes won't be so bad.

Hope everyone that comes in had a good week.

Dec/Jan is hard time of year for me too.  Just keep focused on the things you can control.

... and self care is important.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:42 AM, Izena said:

Belle I don’t know how you sail so long - you must be a fish.   

Break welcome I joined this group at 216 had already lost 10 lbs.  set small goals,  luckily  I’m able to walk so have been walking 2x day with dog.   Lowest weight achieved has been 123.  

im still struggling with sweets - went shopping and store didn’t carry half of advertised specials.  Soo I bought peppermint ice cream (immediately ate 2 bowls -so quickly put the rest of  container in the sink and filled it with water). Also bought discounted package of bakery cookies ate three - before the ice cream, so when drowning the ice cream I threw in the cookies.  This is the life of a sugar addict LOL. 

My goal is to get back to 123 - so have 7 lbs to go.   Thanks to this site I’ve caught the issue early.

You got this, keep focused and the small struggles won't get in your way. (Ice cream is one of my overindulgent things I have to avoid)  I would do excatly what you wrote too.

• Like 1