Donuts

darinscruising

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The Enchanted served them every day although they weren't a good a in past years. There was something lacking and I didn't want to consume the extra calories. 

I agree. We saw them each morning at the IC but they just didn’t taste as good as before. 

This might be heresy, but in general, I have not been impressed with Princess' sweet pastries, whether in the IC or the Pastry Shop in the World Market.  The donuts certainly aren't fresh Krispy Kreme quality, the croissants are too dry and not particularly flaky, and things that look good, don't match in taste.

I do like the chocolate chip cookies in the Pastry Shop, though.😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

This might be heresy, but in general, I have not been impressed with Princess' sweet pastries, whether in the IC or the Pastry Shop in the World Market.  The donuts certainly aren't fresh Krispy Kreme quality, the croissants are too dry and not particularly flaky, and things that look good, don't match in taste.

I do like the chocolate chip cookies in the Pastry Shop, though.😉

And I though it was just me. 😑

They had donuts every day with different icing but after trying a bite or two of a few, I just went with the croissants.

If their donuts were anything like Krispy Kreme it would have been a different story. 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike45LC said:

No, I don't go to the International Cafe in the morning hours -- I eat in the buffet.

Let me clarify:  I eat breakfast in the buffet.  I usually eat breakfast in the MDR exactly once each cruise, just to make sure that I am not cheating myself by going to the buffet instead of the MDR.

I have never been impressed by the food offerings at the IC during the non-breakfast hours, so I never made a point to check on the IC offerings during breakfast.  (I don't drink coffee, so I don't go to the IC for coffee.)  Thanks to this thread, I will check the IC at breakfast some morning on my next Princess cruise, to try a donut.

We've seen the frosted ring donuts on all our recent cruises.  I couldn't care less about those. What I do care about and what's been gone is the little custard or jam filled donuts. I miss those little balls of happiness!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The Enchanted served them every day although they weren't a good a in past years. There was something lacking and I didn't want to consume the extra calories. 

I bet they were sugar free. Many of the cakes at the IC had a `sugar free` notice on the Regal lately.

13 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

I bet they were sugar free. Many of the cakes at the IC had a `sugar free` notice on the Regal lately.

In the Pastry Shop, the "sugar free" pastries/donuts were clearly marked as such, while the ones with sucrose were the default option.

• Thanks 1

We have had donuts on all of our Princess cruises (over 30).  On the ships with an IC, there are always donuts in the morning (I think they are in the case until 11 or 11:30 when they are replaced with lunch items).

Hank

• Like 1