​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm surprised to see the empty dance floor.  On our April cruise, the dance floor was packed with people dancing.

There was I think 2 couples the song before but ya, not much. It was close to 70's night party. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This was music in the Amber Theater tonight. 

Love Clint Holmes. He has been a long time Las Vegas entertainer. Matter of fact my best friend used to play guitar for him. We have gotten together with him several times in Vegas great guy. He also makes guest appearances with another friend of mine’s band Santa Fe and Fat City Horns. Check this out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Tonight's menu is supposed to be "Italian Night":

original_974b50ca-3a2c-4cff-aeee-700ab9f4de45_IMG_20230124_194932000.thumb.jpg.36dc34aea5c8fbdfc08475f88db520f0.jpg

Tonight's bread bowl:

IMG_20230124_195220567.thumb.jpg.b3a6c18f0a4213b47a1b27e0bfb9cd35.jpg

Polenta fries (which were actually triangles, but they were tasty):

IMG_20230124_200634244.thumb.jpg.58dec3ac58b49d19975711a2d124b0a2.jpg

Caesar salad:

IMG_20230124_201147580.thumb.jpg.2f8fd8e004731604ac0e70e08bee91a1.jpg

Chicken parmesan for my entree, with a side of broccoli that would have fed an entire rugby team:

IMG_20230124_201804020.thumb.jpg.e22da510cefbb5593944c7aece2cdf11.jpg

IMG_20230124_201808608.thumb.jpg.3b2fce5ca823cb0c19744fe2965d147a.jpg

And chocolate hazelnut cake for dessert:

IMG_20230124_203659819.thumb.jpg.7b6fa146dc9a1600dfe596ea8f9d8969.jpg

I normally get the lemon curd tartlet for dessert, but last week it was kinda bland, which really defeats the whole point of being LEMON flavored, so I went with the cake this week. 

Back to my room to do some reading before turning in -- I have a long day of snorkeling planned for Roatan tomorrow -- and I was sooooooooo happy to see that little light turn green and hear the "click" when my key card opened my room door tonight!  

So far not impressed with these supposed to be

new menus.   It looks like they gave each evening a 

theme name but the food is the same old stuff they

were serving before.  Looks like they cut back on

some of the nicer offerings.

• Like 1

We are at West Bay Roatan. Snorkeled for a few hours.  Brillohead is still out.  She has energy.  She has the Gopro with her.  It's all being recorded to a card.  Not sure if we can so it right away.  She said she saw Lobster. 

I shot under water with the 360.  I don't like the quality.  I heard it might be better with a case.  I think it is a lack of light.  I thought I was catching pics and videos of some beautiful fish.  I don't see most of them. 

image.thumb.png.97d1739b5cab3b532f67267eb019fd4d.png

• Like 17

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are at West Bay Roatan. Snorkeled for a few hours.  Brillohead is still out.  She has energy.  She has the Gopro with her.  It's all being recorded to a card.  Not sure if we can so it right away.  She said she saw Lobster. 

I shot under water with the 360.  I don't like the quality.  I heard it might be better with a case.  I think it is a lack of light.  I thought I was catching pics and videos of some beautiful fish.  I don't see most of them. 

image.thumb.png.97d1739b5cab3b532f67267eb019fd4d.png

@Ocean Boy would be proud!

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog This is a 360 pic example.  There were fish near every pic but none show.  I believe the camera was probably shooting slow speed. Probably why the pic is not crisp and the fish in motion do not appear.

image.thumb.png.79ef2e792e603b9c786297036c3bb1b0.png

Your right I'm not impressed either but it could be just a settings thing. Overall how is the water clarity in Mexico as opposed to other parts of the Caribbean? Could be that the water is just not clear? But I really don't know. Also in that pic everything looks a little soft. How does focus work on that camera?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You doubted me. 😮💨

LOL!  It was maybe 10% doubt.  It was the first time I had heard the Solarium bistro has made-to-order omelettes.  If it makes you feel better, I would have checked it out regardless of their post LOL! 

• Haha 2

The reason Galveston water is that color is because the Mississippi River dumps tons of mud into her Delta. The Gulf Stream sweeps it down the Texas coast. There are times when conditions allow the water at Galveston to be brilliant blue but it's not often.

I'm on your cruise btw.  (waves)

Dunno if you're following Houston weather but I read an F3 tornado touched down on the southeast side yesterday. Weather in Houston is fickle, I'm seeing it's forecast to be 70ish when we get back but also looks like a front coming through that day so possibly rainy and cooler.

Dunno if you heard about the medical emergency we had Sunday (the ship turned around to meet the helicopter). I caught the helicopter coming in and landing on the helipad. Is posting videos allowed on this forum?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, anankae said:

The reason Galveston water is that color is because the Mississippi River dumps tons of mud into her Delta. The Gulf Stream sweeps it down the Texas coast. There are times when conditions allow the water at Galveston to be brilliant blue but it's not often.

I'm on your cruise btw.  (waves)

Dunno if you're following Houston weather but I read an F3 tornado touched down on the southeast side yesterday. Weather in Houston is fickle, I'm seeing it's forecast to be 70ish when we get back but also looks like a front coming through that day so possibly rainy and cooler.

Dunno if you heard about the medical emergency we had Sunday (the ship turned around to meet the helicopter). I caught the helicopter coming in and landing on the helipad. Is posting videos allowed on this forum?

Yes, videos are permitted.  I hope the person is doing better now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

How have the volume levels been in the music venues? 

So far I would say just right.  I have heard some think it has been loud in some places.  It was too load for us once with a tribute band on Ovation but so far good here good.  We did sit in the back this time in Amber. 

• Thanks 1