Miami Brickell hotels question

Cruisesfun65

We travel to Miami often pre-cruise and always have a rental car, stay in Doral etc.

Now I received this question from a family member and I don't know the answer.

Two middle aged ladies, not able to walk far, no rental car, want to stay Downtown/Brickell. 

Not interested in trendy bars or hip restaurants but the hotel has to be close to something for a bite. Preferably very close to a supermarket. Any suggestions?

7 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

We travel to Miami often pre-cruise and always have a rental car, stay in Doral etc.

Now I received this question from a family member and I don't know the answer.

Two middle aged ladies, not able to walk far, no rental car, want to stay Downtown/Brickell. 

Not interested in trendy bars or hip restaurants but the hotel has to be close to something for a bite. Preferably very close to a supermarket. Any suggestions?

The doubletree and Marriott share a lobby that has several restaurants including a nice Italian that has pizza and several other restaurants. Lots of small stores also .

2 hours ago, Philly5082 said:

We're staying at the JW Marriott,Brickell - Is there a shuttle or van to the cruise port from this hotel?

I would call the hotel and get then answer from the horse's mouth. 

From another thread on this board...posted a few hours before your post:

"From past reports no downtown hotels offer port or airport shuttle service - expect to pay about $10-15 for a cab (you can see the port from the hotel)."

Prior to Covid, Hampton Brickell had a shuttle, about $8pp.

6 hours ago, Philly5082 said:

We're staying at the JW Marriott,Brickell - Is there a shuttle or van to the cruise port from this hotel?

No. But not needed. Just catch a rideshare ($10-$15) or a taxi. 

To the OP: I understand your saying 10-mins is short for some and long for others, but there is actually nowhere in Brickell that is farther than a 10-min walk to a supermarket and there is nowhere in Brickell that is farther than 2-4 minute walk to a place to eat. This is one of the most urban and dense area in the U.S. 

That being said, Hampton Inn Brickell is IMO by far the most popular and recommend mid-range hotel for cruisers, and it is right next to all of that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

I am staying at the YVE for our precruise night stay in April.. Does anyone know where to park for this hotel, looks like they do not have a garage?

Call them and asked if they have arrangements with a nearby garage or can recommend one.  Then be prepared for a charge of over (pre-covid prices) $40 per night.  I did see on their website under amenities that they offer valet parking at $55 per night.

5 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I am staying at the YVE for our precruise night stay in April.. Does anyone know where to park for this hotel, looks like they do not have a garage?

No garage, they do have valet, no idea how much they charge. There is a public garage near by, not sure what the overnight rates are. At least $25/day. 

3 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Thanks for the answers. Does anyone here have personal experience with the Hampton Inn Winwood?

It is brand new, I would not call that area "Wynwood" everyone is trying to say they are Wynwood. To locals that is Midtown Miami.

If you have a car it is a convenient location. I don't like the location without a car, though for a night a rideshare will be quick and easy to just about anywhere. 

• Like 1