O.B.C Denial ?

roger b

I booked a future cruise  whilst on  Marina ,Miami to Miami on 6/12/2022 , a flyer was sent every suite offering a $300 O.B.C  per stateroom for booking on board either to be added to existing voyage or could be taken on a future cruise and I also have it in writing from the cruise consultant  these facts, I elected to take it on the future cruise I had booked.

I queried this and he told me it would be sent to my travel agent, This was not done in raising the issue with Oceania ,they have told me that it was mistake on the cruise consultant part and there was no $300 O.B.C offered for the cruise I had booked.

As I no longer have the flyer I wonder if anyone who was on this cruise or still had the flyer could confirm Oceania's O.B.C offer ? 

Not sure about your specific case but do know that some benefits or offers are not combinable with all fare types.  For example, we booked a Florida Residents' fare and could not receive the OBC from either our NCLH stock or AmEx CPP.  

1 hour ago, roger b said:

I booked a future cruise  whilst on  Marina ,Miami to Miami on 6/12/2022 , a flyer was sent every suite offering a $300 O.B.C  per stateroom for booking on board either to be added to existing voyage or could be taken on a future cruise and I also have it in writing from the cruise consultant  these facts, I elected to take it on the future cruise I had booked.

I queried this and he told me it would be sent to my travel agent, This was not done in raising the issue with Oceania ,they have told me that it was mistake on the cruise consultant part and there was no $300 O.B.C offered for the cruise I had booked.

As I no longer have the flyer I wonder if anyone who was on this cruise or still had the flyer could confirm Oceania's O.B.C offer ? 

Yes it was a promotion through 8 Jan on Marina.  The normal amount of OBC was $100 - the $300 was a limited time offer.  It should have been on the letter that was sent with your paper work.  It should have been on the Oceania booking that was provided to you. 

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 2

It will be on Page 3 or 4 of your Guest Statement you received when booking your cruise.   It will be under Amenities and Gifts.  This is what you are looking for--- 

- US$200 Onboard Booking Shipboard Credit Offer 2Voy * 267.00

We booked a b2b and got 2x$100.   The $267 is converted to CAD funds 

$300 is a good deal!  😀

2 hours ago, roger b said:

If I remember correctly, the fine print says “up to” $300 (or something to that effect). i do know from past experience that the “book onboard bonus SBC” does not apply to all cruises.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If I remember correctly, the fine print says “up to” $300 (or something to that effect). i do know from past experience that the “book onboard bonus SBC” does not apply to all cruises.

This what the letter said :

Shipboard Credit Amenity: We are pleased to provide you with a special US$300 per stateroom Shipboard Credit, which will be applied to the future cruise you have selected. Please note that should you elect to cancel this reservation, you will forfeit this special amenity.

Now they want to go back on it ??

3 hours ago, roger b said:

This what the letter said :

Shipboard Credit Amenity: We are pleased to provide you with a special US$300 per stateroom Shipboard Credit, which will be applied to the future cruise you have selected. Please note that should you elect to cancel this reservation, you will forfeit this special amenity.

Now they want to go back on it ??

Be smart and get in touch with the correct person..

Jancruz1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

During our cruise in Oct/Nov, Oceania was offering a $300 OBC amount for any book cruise or FCC booked abroad.

I don’t know when they reverted back to $100. 

Funny, although the power point the O Ambassador used said $300 during our cruise that ended on the 18th of this month, the FCC states a $100 credit.  So it was recent enough that their marketing materials have not been updated.

16 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Be smart and get in touch with the correct person..

Jancruz1

you could be helpful and tell us who the right person is.

5 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Funny, although the power point the O Ambassador used said $300 during our cruise that ended on the 18th of this month, the FCC states a $100 credit.  So it was recent enough that their marketing materials have not been updated.

You would have to email me..I am not allowed

Jancruz1

3 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

May I have your email address, I'd love to speak to someone about this issue.  

Most people on this board have it..I cannot post it..or you can post yours..I am not allowed by CC

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

25 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

you can contact the Oceania club Ambassador  

I would think there is  a contact number in the paperwork you got when you booked onboard

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

During our cruise in Oct/Nov, Oceania was offering a $300 OBC amount for any book cruise or FCC booked abroad.

I don’t know when they reverted back to $100. 

FWIW.  During our 12/28/2022-1/15/2023 cruise on Insignia, we booked two cruises (one in 2024 and one in 2025), and purchased a Future Cruise Certificate.  For both the 2024 cruise and the FCC, we received the $300 OBC per the promotion that expired on January 8, 2023/January 8, 2023, as the O Club Ambassador stressed to us and during her future cruise presentation on a sea day, along with being flagged in flyers distributed on board.  For the 2025 cruise, comprised of two segments, we received $500 OBC, again per the promotion that expired on 1/8/2023 -- the day we booked it.  The paperwork we received on all three transactions reflects the foregoing.

5 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Most people on this board have it..I cannot post it..or you can post yours..I am not allowed by CC

Jancruz1

I would love to have your assistance.. unfortunately I don't know how to contact you.