Currently on Beyond

kasowell2

I’m going to be an optimist. If this was my first celebrity cruise it would be the best thing ever. Since I’ve cruised in the good ole days I’m trying to enjoy the now since the past is gone. Having said that this is a wonderful cruise and the best cruise this week. Everything is wonderful and no one will leave the evening buffet hungry. Got any questions and I will try to answer them. It’s currently 12:00 noon and I’ve had plenty drinks and sunshine. Best cruise ever because I’ve decided it is and it will be. There is one criticism I have and that is Fine cut steak house. The steak was great but the sides left a lot to desire. I wanted to go teach them how to make creamed spinach. We won’t go back

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hello and thank you, I be going back to cruising next month and can't wait.

1-  Would you dine again at the Fine Cut Steak House or would you pass on it next time?

2-  I heard the steaks in the MDR are grey and not good can you confirm that the steak is not that good?

3-  On my last two celebrity cruises before covid, the buffet lunch had Indian dishes and I found out then I enjoyed them, do they still have Indian dishes at the lunch buffet?

4-  What is there to eat after 11pm at the buffet, heard they had huge cut backs (besides the pizza)?

5-  Do you have reservations for the MDR, we were only able to get 8pm and 8:30pm dining, is it possible if we show up at 7:30 we could possibly get a table to eat dinner?

6-  Where did you eat breakfast, in the MDR or the buffet and how was it?

We are booked in aqua class, if you are also how is it, worth it or not?

Thanks and enjoy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

1-  Would you dine again at the Fine Cut Steak House or would you pass on it next time? Pass

2-  I heard the steaks in the MDR are grey and not good can you confirm that the steak is not that good? Dining in Blu

3-  On my last two celebrity cruises before covid, the buffet lunch had Indian dishes and I found out then I enjoyed them, do they still have Indian dishes at the lunch buffet? Yes

4-  What is there to eat after 11pm at the buffet, heard they had huge cut backs (besides the pizza)? Went last night around 8 and although cutbacks were evident there was plenty to eat

5-  Do you have reservations for the MDR, we were only able to get 8pm and 8:30pm dining, is it possible if we show up at  See number 2

7:30 we could possibly get a table to eat dinner?

6-  Where did you eat breakfast, in the MDR or the buffet and how was it? Breakfast in Blu but buffet excellent too

We are booked in aqua class, if you are also how is it, worth it or not? Aqua class to me is worth it but that’s just me. We aren’t as please with. Blu dinner options though but that may just be our taste

Thanks and enjoy!

Hi there, we are on the Beyond in March.  We are in a Celebrity Suite and the Retreat.  My question is around entertainment.  I haven't really seen anyone discuss that or give any information on that.  This is our first Celebrity cruise and I am hearing mixed reviews.  Any insight/info would be appreciated.  Also, how about day events with the days at sea? Anything promising?  thank you in advance!!

4 minutes ago, Michele035 said:

Hi there, we are on the Beyond in March.  We are in a Celebrity Suite and the Retreat.  My question is around entertainment.  I haven't really seen anyone discuss that or give any information on that.  This is our first Celebrity cruise and I am hearing mixed reviews.  Any insight/info would be appreciated.  Also, how about day events with the days at sea? Anything promising?  thank you in advance!!

The three production shows are amazing and should not be missed. The main theater on the Beyond is one of the nicest and most advanced theaters of any cruiseline. There are also shows in both The Club and Eden. The nature of those venues being smaller you need to go early to secure good seats. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

1-  Would you dine again at the Fine Cut Steak House or would you pass on it next time?

2-  I heard the steaks in the MDR are grey and not good can you confirm that the steak is not that good?

3-  On my last two celebrity cruises before covid, the buffet lunch had Indian dishes and I found out then I enjoyed them, do they still have Indian dishes at the lunch buffet?

4-  What is there to eat after 11pm at the buffet, heard they had huge cut backs (besides the pizza)?

5-  Do you have reservations for the MDR, we were only able to get 8pm and 8:30pm dining, is it possible if we show up at 7:30 we could possibly get a table to eat dinner?

Thanks and enjoy!

1.  Yes I had wonderful lamb chops.  We are booked again.

2.  I have not ate in MDR in a few years.

3.  They did late fall.

4.  There has never been much except pizza after 11 other than Room Service with a delivery fee or sweets from Cafe Al Bacio until midnight.

5.  Yes they only pre book a portion of the tables.

6.  If you are booked in Aqua then Blu is your assigned dining room for breakfast or dinner.  No reservations are taken for Blu, just show up.  Most who book Aqua do so in order to have Blu as their dining room.  Smaller than the MDR, quieter,  better service and we like the food better than MDR.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thanks and enjoy!

Hi. We were on the Beyond in Dec. The steaks were NOT Grey in any of the MDR , that is a ridiculous comment. The buffet had a big Indian selection for lunch. There is only pizza late at night. That was disappointing  because they closed the ice cream at 9:45. A couple of nights we rushed up to get ice cream before their supposed 10pm closing time only to find out you have to be there before they start breaking  it down at 9:45. We never had to wait for a table in any MDR, and remember  if one is busy there are 3 others to go to and they all have the same menu and the special items designed for each individual  themed restaurant  you can order at any one. We ate breakfast  in the MDR and it was very good. Never too crowded, we sat outside on the aft deck, and an enormous  selection

Any more questions, just ask

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are hoping that Fine Cut will allow us to have Chateaubriand for our meal, as we were told on Apex that would be the place to get it by the manager in Luminae; however, I am not holding out for that to be true, but we will ask ahead of time.  All ships seem to be just a little different in the aspect of food, along with what they will and will not do for their customers.  

Edited by Lastdance

20 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The three production shows are amazing and should not be missed. The main theater on the Beyond is one of the nicest and most advanced theaters of any cruiseline. There are also shows in both The Club and Eden. The nature of those venues being smaller you need to go early to secure good seats. 

Hi there thank you so much! I was trying to figure out if being in a suite there are reserved seats.  I know on Norwegian Haven guests had a special area so we didn't feel like we had to rush to get seats after dinner 

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

We are hoping that Fine Cut will allow us to have Chateaubriand for our meal, as we were told on Apex that would be the place to get it by the manager in Luminae; however, I am not holding out for that to be true, but we will ask ahead of time.  All ships seem to be just a little different in the aspect of food, along with what they will and will not do for their customers.  

I don't recall Chateaubriand being on the menu in Fine Cut.  It also was not on the Le Voyage menu.   We always get it in Murano so I think if it had been on the menu we would have ordered it.  

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I don't recall Chateaubriand being on the menu in Fine Cut.  It also was not on the Le Voyage menu.   We always get it in Murano so I think if it had been on the menu we would have ordered it.  

Yes, I know that it is not on the menu, as I was told to ask for it 48 hours in advance; all they can say is "no."  Since I am used to that word, I will monitor an adjust😋.  Thanks for sharing!