Do the perks included with a Retreat suite include

CruisinShips

If you booked with all of the perks it includes the premium Wi-Fi, premium drink pack, gratuities and some OBC.  The amount of the OBC depends on the length of the cruise

There may be some bookings that give the option with the perks or without.  It depends on when you booked and the promo at the time.  

Last Feb I was on the Apex in a SS.  I couldn’t log into the internet.  I went to the Retreat Host and she looked at my account and said that I didn’t have it.   I told her that I am in a suite and it comes with all of the perks.   She said not really.  Many are in the suites without the perks.   I showed her my invoice.  She got on the phone and about a hour later it was resolved.   The info wasn’t passed on to the ship.  

The same in Luminae.  The server asked for my card when I ordered a drink.   I said  “i am in a suite otherwise I wouldn’t be dining here and suites get the premium drink pack.”   Heard the same thing that not all suite passengers have all of the perks so that ask the first time to confirm if we do or don’t 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

My understanding is that currently if you book Aqua or Above it automatically  includes Drinks, Tips and Wifi.     I would love to be able to book without any perks and would welcome anyone that finds a way to do so.

I do believe that there are some in Suites that do not have these perks.   They would be those that booked CC or below and then upgraded to a Suite.

46 minutes ago, miched said:

If you booked with all of the perks it includes the premium Wi-Fi, premium drink pack, gratuities and some OBC.  The amount of the OBC depends on the length of the cruise

There may be some bookings that give the option with the perks or without.  It depends on when you booked and the promo at the time.  

Last Feb I was on the Apex in a SS.  I couldn’t log into the internet.  I went to the Retreat Host and she looked at my account and said that I didn’t have it.   I told her that I am in a suite and it comes with all of the perks.   She said not really.  Many are in the suites without the perks.   I showed her my invoice.  She got on the phone and about a hour later it was resolved.   The info wasn’t passed on to the ship.  

The same in Luminae.  The server asked for my card when I ordered a drink.   I said  “i am in a suite otherwise I wouldn’t be dining here and suites get the premium drink pack.”   Heard the same thing that not all suite passengers have all of the perks so that ask the first time to confirm if we do or don’t 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Suite bookings made prior to November 17, 2020 could be under a cruise only rate. I don't remember the exact date but 2022/2023 Caribbean season were not released until maybe February/March 2021 so none of the current Caribbean bookings would qualify for Retreat at a cruise only rate (Simply Sail at the time).  

Aside from that, the only plausible way to sail in suites at cruise-only would be via MoveUps which there are a significant number of. 

2 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Good news, went on Retreat in Dec and January- they have upgraded the wifi!  Much better .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is that currently if you book Aqua or Above it automatically  includes Drinks, Tips and Wifi.  

I understood the same, but I don't think it's as simple as that.  I say that only because I was playing around with a bookig for a cruise that would be coming up very soon (mid-February).  There were Sky Suites available, but the -only- option was "cruise only."  That was not for a guarantee, either (there was that option).  Needless to say, I was rather surprised.

To make things even more "interesting," I just went back and took a look at that sailing.  The "cruise only" option is gone.  Search me.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is that currently if you book Aqua or Above it automatically  includes Drinks, Tips and Wifi.     I would love to be able to book without any perks and would welcome anyone that finds a way to do so.

I do believe that there are some in Suites that do not have these perks.   They would be those that booked CC or below and then upgraded to a Suite.

Yes, if anyone figures out how to do this, I would also love to know!