🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

18 hours ago, cello56 said:

I know this is a bit off topic, but I had a few questions for those on the entire trip.

How do you get refills for your medications?

What are you doing with your pets?

Do you have to put special plans in place for being away from your homes for so long? 

Routine medical care during that 9 month period? 

For me, the biggest issue by far would be being away from family for a prolonged period.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2023 at 10:03 PM, Russ Lomas said:

try the deck plans on cruisemapper.com.  They seem to show more detail than the RCCL deck plans on their website. (see the bottom of the image pasted below for the legend)

Serenade Of The Seas deck 8 plan (Cabins) legend

You have to be careful with cruisemapper.  For one this is an old deck plan, 5D, 6D and many other categories they have listed havent existed for years.

The other thing is that they tend to copy deck plans form the first ship in the class and miss some subtle changes to deck plans.

Also, Royal no longer publishes whether the rooms has pullmans or sofabeds, only occupancy so there is no way for cruisemapper to be accurate on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, sgmn said:

When you book on website it gives thediscount if you put in promo code. I didn't actually end the booking as I wanted to use 'Tesco Vouchers' in part payment (a UK supermarket loyalty scheme) and you have to ring up for that. The agent on phone said I couldn't use both vouchers and discount code

Thanks! Though I was wanting to apply the 10% off with nextcruise reduced deposit and OBC 😁 - which nextcruise consultant said we can combine these two, but only with a full WCer's booking number.

1 hour ago, marquisite said:

Thanks! Though I was wanting to apply the 10% off with nextcruise reduced deposit and OBC 😁 - which nextcruise consultant said we can combine these two, but only with a full WCer's booking number.

Email me jmdurland at msn dot com for master number 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, realtorclm said:

Just booked LA to Brisbane. So excited to be able to do any of this cruise. 

How exciting for you and everyone able to go.  I know it is still months away, but I am looking forward to reading posts from those of you on it.  Enjoy all!,

• Like 3

20 hours ago, marquisite said:

That booking number is not required for the discount.  It is only required if you are going to use their number so they get $100 OBC.  Not surprising that they are not fully aware

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/19/2023 at 4:19 PM, marquisite said:

Currently on the Brilliance and I was told the same thing.  
Fortunately I know a great TA (thank you @Ourusualbeach) who took care of everything.  @John&LaLa, I didn’t find this thread until today.  No need to email me.

Joining the cruise in Buenos Aires and staying on to Los Angeles.  

Look forward to chatting over the months.

Pat

• Like 5

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Fortunately I know a great TA (thank you @Ourusualbeach) who took care of everything.  @John&LaLa, I didn’t find this thread until today.  No need to email me.

Pat

You'll make a lovely addition to my Live thread Pat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We're booked for the Buenos Aires to Santiago section and very much looking forward to it. So dumb, in my euphoria to buy airfare booked flights arriving day of, w/ a layover time in Miami of 40 minutes 😞 Will need to change that.

@taznremmy it appears we are the only tribe members...so far.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

Welcome aboard!   We are on from Miami to LA...bailing out until rejoin in Barcelona.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Welcome aboard!   We are on from Miami to LA...bailing out until rejoin in Barcelona.  

We'll be there with you, but only as far as Southampton.  I guess if Barcelona is one of the 'four' multi sectors there will be quite a few joiners there 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Fortunately I know a great TA (thank you)

@taznremmy

Hi Pat, I'm also currently on the Brilliance with my husband. We have the same great TA! 

My friend Joyce and I sat next to you nightly at dinner on the Voyager Arctic Crossing cruise! We'll be boarding on the LA-Brisbane segment, so will miss you then. My husband and I will be on the last two segments (Copenhagen-Miami)

Donna 

(from MD/Washington DC suburbs)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

@taznremmy

Hi Pat, I'm also currently on the Brilliance with my husband. We have the same great TA! 

My friend Joyce and I sat next to you nightly at dinner on the Voyager Arctic Crossing cruise! We'll be boarding on the LA-Brisbane segment, so will miss you then. My husband and I will be on the last two segments (Copenhagen-Miami)

Donna 

(from MD/Washington DC suburbs)

I booked the 9 night Norway.  Just haven't told Vikki.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Just now, long4acruise said:

Wonderful!

I'll need to keep my eye out for balconies once they release inventory from the 4 segments.  I didn't decide until too late so we are in an oceanview which coincidentally was the last time we were in an oceanview on our first cruise with the kids 12 years ago on the Serenade out of San Juan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

We'll be there with you, but only as far as Southampton.  I guess if Barcelona is one of the 'four' multi sectors there will be quite a few joiners there 

Our previous Greenland/Iceland/Norway fiords TA was cancelled due to Covid.  Happy to have this fourth quarter leg on WC booked now to take that place.  🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Would have loved to do that pne but it too long for us

We feel the exact same way. Would have lived to stayed on to do the 9 days with you but it is too long away leaving 4 daughters at home without us. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 12:36 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

Jimbo, please don’t be offended by what I’m going to say, but you seem to post only negatives about this cruise on this thread and I’m not even aware you’re booked on it.

Why can’t you post some of the positives? This cruise is going to many places that most people have never had the option to cruise to in the past. Yes it’s expensive, like everything else these days. But this will be a once in a lifetime experiance for many people, but you only seem to see the negative. I’m a glass half full person.

I find Jimbo very entertaining! It's a nice balance...

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2023 at 1:27 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I'll need to keep my eye out for balconies once they release inventory from the 4 segments.  I didn't decide until too late so we are in an oceanview which coincidentally was the last time we were in an oceanview on our first cruise with the kids 12 years ago on the Serenade out of San Juan

I'm guessing Mid June after final

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing Mid June after final

You may get some cancellations there but I was thing more when they release the inventory that is being currently held in the 4 segments.  Not sure if you heard but MB is joining you for part of the Asia itinerary

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You may get some cancellations there but I was thing more when they release the inventory that is being currently held in the 4 segments.  Not sure if you heard but MB is joining you for part of the Asia itinerary

They mentioned that a while ago

But based on recent situation, I'm surprised he's still coming🤣🤣

• Haha 2