🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

He did mention in the coffee talk he had some Pins that were a little upset.

What's MB's plans on making it right for all the WC and 4 segment cruisers?

When during the coffee talk did any Travel agents speak up and say to him what are your plans to make it right for those people?

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What's MB's plans on making it right?

Not a thing.  Royal sent a letter outlining all the "perceived" benefits of the full voyage and that you were free to cancel and rebook the shorter segments if you did not want those perceived benefits.  No refund or rollover of existing deposits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not a thing.  Royal sent a letter outlining all the "perceived" benefits of the full voyage and that you were free to cancel and rebook the shorter segments if you did not want those perceived benefits.  No refund or rollover of existing deposits.

Unbelievable.

• Haha 1

While I still think this is a great opportunity, maybe Royal took on more then they should have?  Maybe they should have started with a 120 day voyage for less? ( I realize this one is unique with lots of wonderful ports. )  I’m betting it would have been close to sold out and none of this segment or mini segments would have happened.  Although I love Royal, I feel like this was just not feasible for most of their loyalist in duration.  It really is a huge commitment in time. Now they have made those who booked the whole thing feel cheated in pricing.  Instead of testing the waters, Royal dived in head first.  

We still want to consider doing one in the future but not for that length of time. 

1 minute ago, cruiselvr04 said:

While I still think this is a great opportunity, maybe Royal took on more then they should have?  Maybe they should have started with a 120 day voyage for less? ( I realize this one is unique with lots of wonderful ports. )  I’m betting it would have been close to sold out and none of this segment or mini segments would have happened.  Although I love Royal, I feel like this was just not feasible for most of their loyalist in duration.  It really is a huge commitment in time. Now they have made those who booked the whole thing feel cheated in pricing.  Instead of testing the waters, Royal dived in head first.  

We still want to consider doing one in the future but not for that length of time. 

Royal always has to do the biggest lately.😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

What part of 'non refundable' are you unclear with?

Our Next Cruise agent was extremely clear about the non refundable deposit...highlighting it in red and asking us several times if we were OK with it.  Jumped in...did not look back.  😉 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What part of 'non refundable' are you unclear with?

I understand what it was when you all booked, but now the landscape has been changed significantly. 

Even MB just told you that, now he should make it right allowing all of you refunds and to move your deposits to booking the segments at the current prices.

Royal should have never offered the segments at such a reduced rate compared to what all of you are paying........For many of you I don't think the added perks he talks about is that big of deal to all of you is  it ? That was BS when he said that.

I'm curious to how the environment onboard will be now too. Will the feeling onboard be divided in someway.

I hope not, I want you all to have a good time. Just wish you all were being more fairly treated by Royal Caribbean.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

+1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Royal always has to do the biggest lately.😉

One would want to believe that senior management undertook and relied upon market research before giving the go on a world cruise of this scope.  Bad research?  Maybe.  More likely, valid research and an unexpected, less than desirable outcome.  Of course, one will never know how this situation evolved (or more likely unraveled).  As an outsider following this thread, it’s apparent that something went “wrong” and some customers including long-time, loyal customers are unhappy.  It appears that, now, some salt has been applied to the wounds as RCL management, in what is often typical behavior on its part, chooses not to take ownership of the problem and deal with it effectively.  It seems that RCL management often prefers to ignore a problem, believing that, with time, customers will forget and all will be forgiven.  

• Like 4

On 4/24/2023 at 11:57 AM, ILCTCRUISER said:

One would want to believe that senior management undertook and relied upon market research before giving the go on a world cruise of this scope.  Bad research?  Maybe.  More likely, valid research and an unexpected, less than desirable outcome.  Of course, one will never know how this situation evolved (or more likely unraveled).  As an outsider following this thread, it’s apparent that something went “wrong” and some customers including long-time, loyal customers are unhappy.  It appears that, now, some salt has been applied to the wounds as RCL management, in what is often typical behavior on its part, chooses not to take ownership of the problem and deal with it effectively.  It seems that RCL management often prefers to ignore a problem, believing that, with time, customers will forget and all will be forgiven.  

Oh to have been a fly on the wall during the original and subsequent planning meetings. I suspect initially they were looking at other lines selling out long-duration cruises post-Covid and thought they could get a piece of that action and make up for lost time. The first week of bookings was restricted to Diamonds and above so they must have been thinking (or projecting the image of) high demand especially for the limited number of balcony staterooms. So the lesson learned for us is never to book another long-duration cruise early with Royal unless you are willing to part with all that extra money. Actually, never book early at all and let Royal sit on that deposit. With few exceptions, such as transatlantic, I can often get the cabin I want within final payment of any given sailing.

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marquisite said:

Well, officially doing a B3B in the med! 😁 $100 pp deposit secured and waiting for the $100 OBC per leg (nextcruise consultant said head office has to apply it manually for WC mini segments)

Thanks @John&LaLa

You got the 10% discount?

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Oh to have been a fly on the wall during the original and subsequent planning meetings. I suspect initially they were looking at other lines selling out long-duration cruises post-Covid and thought they could get a piece of that action and make up for lost time. The first week of bookings was restricted to Diamonds and above so they must have been thinking (or projecting the image of) high demand especially for the limited number of balcony staterooms. So the lesson learned for us is never to book another long-duration cruise early with Royal unless you are willing to part with all that extra money. Actually, never book early at all and let Royal sit on that deposit. With few exceptions, such as transatlantic, I can often get the cabin I want within final payment of any given sailing.

Couldn't get my cabin booking late