🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Ohh I know a girl named "Bambi" who says she'd love to sign up, and has no problem "trying out" this summer. She's sending a photo to keep with her application:

image.png.aef67c14a21af0253c7ee9f1f290eeb0.png

I hear she has a friend named Thumper 😉😁

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Here's a link to the FAQ --  it says in Item 6 that gratuities are included for the entire voyage:  

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/World_Cruise/Ultimate_World_Cruise_Trade_FAQs.pdf

If you look at "what's included" it states "guests who sail with us for the entire world cruise".   On my first leg segment paperwork, it never mentions the grats prepaid.  Though it does mention laundry, drink package, and wifi included (which we get anyway on any ship, though six vouchers instead of the drink package).  

There are several things the whole cruise of 274 night pax get over and above the segment pax.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I hear she has a friend named Thumper 😉😁

Yes, and they're very cute.  

image.jpeg.1c0cdeacb602c3a0c7f3ac9eb14b2ceb.jpeg

On the outside chance that you're referring to the James Bond version of Bambi and Thumper (doesn't really sound like you 😉), they are also cute, but a little more dangerous:

The Worst Moment Of Every James Bond Film - Ranked – Page 23

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes, and they're very cute.  

image.jpeg.1c0cdeacb602c3a0c7f3ac9eb14b2ceb.jpeg

On the outside chance that you're referring to the James Bond version of Bambi and Thumper (doesn't really sound like you 😉), they are also cute, but a little more dangerous:

The Worst Moment Of Every James Bond Film - Ranked – Page 23

Diamonds are Forever as I recall

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 5:27 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

surprised the ship is not sold out yet.

Must not be selling as well as they have hoped. This is probably better to give more people chances of doing the actually legs they want that are more appealing to them.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re talking 2024 right? I may be interested in 2 legs - Rome June 20 (my birthday 😁) to July 10 ending in Barsalona …… since I’m not seeing anything for Odyssey coming back to US yet. 

We might be interested in those too if those dates were not in the Dead of Summer there where it will be really uncomfortably HOT!

On 1/25/2023 at 8:52 PM, John&LaLa said:

Definetely a lot more Pins when we get back to Miami. Fat ones, no doubt🤣🤣

Might be less if some over do it. 😉

17 hours ago, island lady said:

If you look at "what's included" it states "guests who sail with us for the entire world cruise".   On my first leg segment paperwork, it never mentions the grats prepaid.  Though it does mention laundry, drink package, and wifi included (which we get anyway on any ship, though six vouchers instead of the drink package).  

There are several things the whole cruise of 274 night pax get over and above the segment pax.  

But if you look at the link I posted, it says:  Guests who join us for one of the four expeditions will receive the following inclusions: • Deluxe Beverage Package for entire expedition • VOOM Wi-Fi for entire expedition • Gratuities for entire expedition • Wash and fold laundry service for entire expedition

I'm on the entire cruise and my invoice doesn't specifically mention gratuities, either.  But at least we do  have it there in the FAQ.  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

But if you look at the link I posted, it says:  Guests who join us for one of the four expeditions will receive the following inclusions: • Deluxe Beverage Package for entire expedition • VOOM Wi-Fi for entire expedition • Gratuities for entire expedition • Wash and fold laundry service for entire expedition

I'm on the entire cruise and my invoice doesn't specifically mention gratuities, either.  But at least we do  have it there in the FAQ.  🙂

Fantastic!  Thanks!   🤗

Was wondering if I should add a lot of OBC from stock to cover that.  Nice to know it is prepaid!  🙂 

Though we always tip extra in cash anyway.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You'd be surprised 😉 

😉   Definitely not leaving the nest egg to the spoiled step daughter.  We plan on going through it before we can't use it.    

Our broker tells us that the best scenario is to let the last check bounce.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We live in Florida so we’re used to HOT 😉

I know what you are talking about, just got back from visiting relatives in Bradenton Florida. 85 degrees outside, and they set their inside thermostat at 74-75 degrees and they were complaining they were cold............We were sweating trying to sleep at night, it was terrible.

At home we usually set our thermostat at 67 degrees 🙂

Will not catch us in Europe in July or August

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I know what you are talking about, just got back from visiting relatives in Bradenton Florida. 85 degrees outside, and they set their inside thermostat at 74-75 degrees and they were complaining they were cold............We were sweating trying to sleep at night, it was terrible.

Do you even know where we're at in August.🤣🤣

The Baltics, Norway, etc..😉

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you even know where we're at in August.🤣🤣

The Baltics, Norway, etc..😉

Was mostly commenting on the (heat) on this portion of your cruises

Venice - Rome, June 20 - Jul 1

Rome - Barcelona, July 1 - July 10

Barcelona - Southampton, July 10 - July 26

I do know though where we hope  to be  in May 30th  2024 on Jewel of the Seas

12 Nights from Amsterdam Norway cruise followed by Celebrity Equinox: 9-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona to Rome on June 13th 2024.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Was mostly commenting on the (heat) on this portion of your cruises

Venice - Rome, June 20 - Jul 1

Rome - Barcelona, July 1 - July 10

Barcelona - Southampton, July 10 - July 26

I do know though where we hope  to be  in May 30th  2024 on Jewel of the Seas

12 Nights from Amsterdam Norway cruise followed by Celebrity Equinox: 9-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona to Rome on June 13th 2024.

So, 1 month 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We live in AZ and when the temp is 85, we don’t even have the ac turned on, it’s a “dry heat”. Hot is when it gets over 105, 115 and above is really hot. When we do have the ac turned on, set at 79 is just about right.

10 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

We live in AZ and when the temp is 85, we don’t even have the ac turned on, it’s a “dry heat”. Hot is when it gets over 105, 115 and above is really hot. When we do have the ac turned on, set at 79 is just about right.

How can you even sleep under the covers when its set inside at 79 degrees.............no such thing as dry heat inside the house is there? 79  degrees is 79 degrees inside your  house. Do you at least have a ceiling fan running?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

We keep AC on around 75. Mainly to combat humidity. Below 72 and we're freezing

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We head north in mid July

I'm sure we'll be fine

We will be doing our favorite "who has the best lobster rolls" in northern Maine tour again this July. 

Next year....will be catching back up with you in Barcelona in July.   No worries...hotels and restaurants have A/C...and so does the ship.  😉 

Not to mention a huge beach there in Barcelona.  Funny thing there, no beach chairs, umbrellas, patio tents...etc allowed.   Apparently why the big vendor business in those Batik sheets they sell to use on the beach.  

Oh no...I forgot...the beach has sand on it.  😄 😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We keep AC on around 75. Mainly to combat humidity. Below 72 and we're freezing

Sounds like how our Aunt and Uncle kept  house last week when we were in Bradenton. Just uncomfortable to sleep or wear long pants during the day. They are used to it, we weren't. Prunes love it. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If it’s 74 or 75 in here when hubby wakes up he comes out with a robe on… we would have parkas on at 67 🥶

• Like 3
  • Haha 2