What are your favorite pre-cruise requests?

Dougolly

They usually have what I need/want

😄

do you want special sodas?  Like Root beer   or  no sugar sodas ?

I cannot really think of of anything that is required to be there

Bed configuration maybe  1 bed or 2

If you do not want the duvet you can ask for blankets

What you you ask for on other lines?

• Like 1

Specific soft drinks and sparkling water, in specific sized containers (yes, Princess and the Pea here, I guess...!) IF they can get them.  The main concern is the specific drinks rather than the container.  And we let them know about how many we expect to consume.

Also, special cleaning for severe allergies. We contact special needs about this, and have never had a problem. 

GC

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

How soon before a cruise can these requests be made? Are the requests made through our travel agent?

try  at least 60 days if something  special    like coke zero

If you have dietary restriction or allergies to some foods  eg gluten free

Yes your TA should be able to do it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The sooner, the better, and if far in advance, have it double checked 60-90 days in advance.

Yes, our TA has always done this for us.

GC

34 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

21 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

The sooner, the better, and if far in advance, have it double checked 60-90 days in advance.

Yes, our TA has always done this for us.

GC

Thanks…we’re booked on our first O cruise later this year & learning as much as possible in advance.

For health reasons I cannot have caffeine and drink A&W root beer at home. Hopefully they don’t only have the Coca Cola produced Barq’s root beer which contains caffeine. 

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Which ship?

We've only been on the Riviera, and we *love* it.

GC

Regatta with only a drive to the Port of LA for a coastal cruise & in 2024 on Sirena (NYC to Miami).

Friends who cruise regularly on O prefer Riviera/Marina however none of those cruisers work for us at this time.

Yes I am the Root Beer Girl 😉

Never let us down yet, and as I can’t get it easily normally it just adds the icing to the trip for me and it’s pretty much the first thing I check when we get into the cabin 🙂

• Like 1

Distilled water if you use a CPAP machine. Champagne bucket with ice and champagne glasses for the bottle of Veuve we carry on board.

Anything that would twist your tail in a knot if you did not have them - eg. Clock or vanity mirror.’

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…we’re booked on our first O cruise later this year & learning as much as possible in advance.

For health reasons I cannot have caffeine and drink A&W root beer at home. Hopefully they don’t only have the Coca Cola produced Barq’s root beer which contains caffeine. 

just  tell them you cannot  have that brand

worst case   you take your own

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Canuker said:

Robes. If not there, the steward will get them.

usully not  a problem  if not there when you arrive they will show up after dinner

they may still be in the wash 😉

44 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Distilled water if you use a CPAP machine. Champagne bucket with ice and champagne glasses for the bottle of Veuve we carry on board.

Anything that would twist your tail in a knot if you did not have them - eg. Clock or vanity mirror.’

If you are a cpap user you will have (hopefully) filled in the medical questionnaire as requested by the line and the distilled water will be there already - I usually send mine back as I don’t need it, but its a nice touch that it is there ready just in case 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I forgot to mention... if there is ANY health issue, such as caffeine, then contact the special needs folks, and fill out a form.  IIRC, these forms can be long, as they are trying to cover all sorts of needs.  Just ignore most of it, if it's that type of form.

But do give them enough time for provisioning anything special if they can do it.

Enjoy!

GC

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I order A&W root beer on almost every cruise and except for one time, I have always received it.  You do need to order it because it is not something they carry regularly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I order A&W root beer on almost every cruise and except for one time, I have always received it.  You do need to order it because it is not something they carry regularly.

Fellow Root Beer fan hello 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

And I'm a fan of Midsomer Murders.  I'll bring you A&W if I ever get to Midsomer😊

hahah its a deal, and I will take you on a tour - I live in one of the buildings used in an episode 😉

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Diet Barq's does not contain caffeine....just the regular does.